“Nice Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 93 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Nashville, TN
“Nice Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2007

We booked a jacuzzi and fireplace suite and really liked the room. It was clean and the stay was really comfortable. The housekeeping staff was good too. Breakfast was good, however it was the same everyday. Overall me and my wife were really happy with our vacation

• Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Ashland, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2006

My husband and I brought my mom to Pigeon Forge for the Thanksgiving holiday. We used to always stay at the Shular but a bad experience this past May there made us reluctant to stay but we thought they deserved another chance to redeem themselves since we have had only one bad visit in all the years we have stayed there. We are so glad we did. Our room was clean and our floor was quiet. Our stay at the Shular this time was just what we needed, a relaxing holiday. My sisters and I are planning on returning to Pigeon Forge next week and we plan to stay at the Shular. This is our #1 place to stay when we visit Pigeon Forge

• Liked — clean room and comfy bed
  • Disliked — elevator too far from our room
  • Tips/Secrets — enjoy
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Taylors, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2006

Enjoyed the Saturday thru Tuesday stay. Stayed in Queen room with fireplace. Even though we were on the first floor with parking just outside the door, it was very quiet and peaceful. Room was clean and well maintained and was cleaned daily. Linens were above average and plentiful.

There was a very nice, large clean indoor pool area with a large pool. smaller kiddie pool, sunken hot tub, and nice sauna.

The free breakfast included gravy and biscuits, sausage or eggs, fruit, juice, coffee, tea, bagels, doughnuts, french toast, and other items. Serving hours were from 700 until 1000. Sunday morning we got to breakfast at 945 and there was still a full choice of items.

The staff and all employees. were friendly and helpful.

• Liked — location, price
  • Disliked — could have been better lighting in the room
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2006

first our room was locater along way from the pool in another bilding was not told that,,and most of all we have 2 small children and the people at the pool were drunk and kussing and smoking and we could not even get in the hot tum because of them and the stem room there were teens in there making out and drinking and making out in pool and had there beer and cigarets right there in the pool and everything no not ever again,,,,,,,,,,,

• Liked — lights over hot tub
  • Disliked — smelly not clean
  • Tips/Secrets — go some were els
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2006

I booked here only because of good reviews found here. Well our trip was ruined because they have uneven concrete at the entrance gate to the outdoor pools. Our 4 yr old fell face first on the concrete our first day there. We were so busy caring for him we didn't let the office know until the next day when the maintenance person told us we needed to file a report so he could get the repairs done. We filed the report and did not and still to this day have not hear one word not even an apology. I expected they should have at least comped our room. We couldnt do anything because he felt so bad and his lip was swollen 3 times normal size and he could barely eat. No one at the front desk even offered so much as I am sorry. When you see a child and his face is distorted due to their property negligence and they can t even at least ask if he is ok? They won't even give me the contact info for corporate office. I think now I will have an attorney review, I took photos of his face and the faulty concrete.

• Liked — would not stay here again
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
mobile alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2006

My wife and I stayed here for two nights. We rented a king size room with a hot tub. The front desk people were helpful and seemed nice. The room was clean and very neat. We could not believe what a nice room for the price we paid. The breakfast was very nice. Had a wide variety. I think the other guests were happy with there stay because i heard no one complaining at the breakfast.( it was kind of crowded). I think we will come back to this hotel.

• Liked — very clean and the price
  • Disliked — my room was on the second floor
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
kingsport
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2006

I reserved a non-amoking room as I am allergic to smoke & my husband has asthma. Well, what did we get......a smoking room. When I complained I was told that since the place was booked there was nothing they could do about it at check-in. Their excuse was that they had some "new" younger employees that must have made the mistake. Funny, I saw no one working that fit that description. They assured me their rooms did not smell like smoke & we should be o.k. Yeah right....we stayed in room 567 & this happed to be on an entire smoking floor. Apparently the staff is ignorant as to what effect smoke has on an asthmatic. Needless to say we spent both nights with the window open in an effort to air out the stink & sleep without choking to death. Thank god for Zyrtec & Albuterol cause the staff would not even make any adjustment to our bill for their error. The room was non-refundable or we would have definately stayed somewhere else.

Avoid this place at all costs if you have any type of allergy or asthma as they are not the least bit sympathetic or willing to make an adjustment in this type of situation.

• Liked — Jacuzzi
  • Disliked — Smoking room
  • Tips/Secrets — Steer clear
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Shular Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!