“Decent, but not a good night's stay.” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2708 Parkway, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #35 of 93 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Clarksville, Tennessee
“Decent, but not a good night's stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Nice fireplace, tiny dated bathroom. Clean rooms but the outside facing doors lets bugs in. Found small roaches crawling on the bed a couple of times. Also very noisy, we could hear every piece of luggage rolling down the walkway, traffic during the day, and car alarms at night.

• Stayed July 2013
gmsip, Guest Relations Manager at Shular Inn Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for your comments and we do appreciate all feedback. Visiting an area during a major holiday can lead to a noisy vacation.

We are attentive to all areas of our hotel property and take your comments seriously. We have not had any experience with pests in our rooms. We have reviewed your reported situation and we involved our pest control vendor. We are most happy to report no evidence of pests of any kind.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
forty fort
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

the beds were very nice, room OK. the building in the back was were we stayed facing pool it can be loud at night due to pool but you can see dollywood fireworks at night if you want quiet stay on opposite pool side the breakfast was OK not bad not great after 3 days had to try something else had a few minor maid issues on cleaning room but was resolved this was a OK place for pigeon forge you can spend a lot less and a lot more location central to all things

Room Tip: room in back opposite of pool was the quiet rooms, in front building had in door pool
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
gmsip, General Manager at Shular Inn Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
We enjoyed having you as our guests and thank you for your comments.

The Manager of our breakfast area is a long term employee and is a highly complemented employee. She is very concerned about our guests and strives daily for the guests to be totally satisfied. I am not sure who you met, but we will make sure you meet her on your next visit.

We do have WIFI in our pool area. Thank you for telling us about your experience.

Shular Inn has two buildings. Building "A" houses our lobby area and the 24 hour indoor pool area. Building "B" houses our breakfast area and the outdoor pool area. Building "B" rooms are larger. Both buildings have very nice rooms and we are centrally located in Pigeon Forge.

We look forward to seeing you again.
Manchester, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed at the Shular Inn June 23rd until June 28th. This inscluded my husband, myself and kids ages 12 and 9. I booked the Shular due to information and ratings on Trip Advisor.

The big plus for me was the fact that the indoor pool is open 24 hours. When you take in late evening shows, this is a must for the kids. Both pools are nice, as is the sauna. The hot tub could use adjusting because the jets are really slow and not very powerful. All the pools, hot tubs and pool areas were kept clean which was nice. The only down side I found is that there was no wifi in the indoor pool area, I wanted to surf the web while kids were in the pool but had no internet in the pool area.

The room was nice, it was the usual hotel style room. We were in the main building but I was told the rooms in the second building are a bit bigger and more updated, not sure if this is true but that is what I was told. But the room was fine for my bunch. The beds were very comfortable and the bedding was nice and warm.

The front desk staff seemed nice and did help with anything I needed such as extra towels and trash bags in late evening or early morning hours.

The breakfast was good, scrambled eggs, sausage, gravy, biscuits,cereal etc. The only negative thing I could say about the hotel was that the lady working in the breakfast room was not very friendly, and in fact was at times rude. I have worked in many areas that deal with the public so I know how it can be, but my feeling is that if you don't enjoy people and are not a people person, then maybe the hospitality industry is not for you. I did inform the people at the front desk about her attitude. The gentleman on duty said the lady was not a bubbly type of person or an outgoing person in general so that may have made her come across as rude.

Not matter what the reason, if I am paying to stay at a hotel, I want people to smile and be friendly. All of the other workers were friendly. If I even passed other employees on the way to the pool or coming and going they would all smile and say hello. One rude person can cause someone to not be a repeat guest at an establishment.

Other than that one employee, the hotel was over all a good place to stay. I would recommend this hotel to people planning on visiting Pigeon Forge. It is right across from the street from the brand new sky wheel. The sky wheel is beautiful at night.

Room Tip: I think there is a fitness room though I did not visit it.
Branchland, West Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

pros: clean,good breakfast, great inside pool
friendly staff, good location
cons: not a place if you have trouble walking
it doesnt have a very handy layout
didnt get our room cleaned till late in the afternoon
beds were not soft
caution flashing light or sign needed when crossing the busy back street to get to breakfast
rude breakfast employee, i tried to give her my tickets & i was told that there is no way she could keep up with those & the people

Dandridge, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I definitely recommend this hotel! I was very impressed with the size of the room, the cleanliness, and how modern the room was! The tv was huge and the room had the neatest fireplace I have ever seen in a hotel room. We had a room with a jacuzzi in it and it was amazing. The staff were very helpful and nice. The location was perfect! We were close to everything in Pigeon Forge. Also, I usually dread staying in hotels b/c the beds are so uncomfortable but not at the Shular Inn! They were extremely comfortable! I really can't say enough nice things about this Hotel. I will definitely be staying there again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
gmsip, General Manager at Shular Inn Hotel, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Thank you and we certainly appreciate your kind comments. We aim for all of our guests to have a "great" experience.

Shular Inn is in a fabulous location which makes it very convenient for our guests. We look forward to your next visit with us.
Greenup, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Very nice, clean hotel right in the heart of pigeon forge. Breakfast was great. I was pleasantly surprised to see more than just donuts and cereal, I didn't know there was going to be sausage, eggs, grits, oatmeal, and fruit. Pools were very well kept and beds were comfortable with plenty of pillows.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your compliments. Our breakfast is really good and we are glad you had a "great" stay. Look forward to seeing you again.
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Nice rooms with great continental breakfast. My only complaint is that the doors are on the outside which means you can hear everything that happens outside. I'm a light sleeper so that's not good. Pool is nice and rooms are aesthetically appealing.

• Stayed June 2013
gmsip, General Manager at Shular Inn Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you!

You are so right, we are in a fantastic location, so close to everything.

The newest addition to Pigeon Forge, the "Island" across the street from us is now open and offers exciting adventures for all.

We hope to see you again soon and again, thank you for your kind comments.

Been to Shular Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!