“relaxing” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

My family and I stayed at Shular Inn in Pigeon Forge Tennessee for 2 nights in June. We were very impressed with the service in the breakfast area. There was a lady named Barb that was so friendly and sweet! Barb sure topped off our experience, but the 24 hr indoor pool and nice rooms sure didn't hurt. I would recommend anyone staying at Shular Inn to anyone who is staying in the area that is looking for a family and budget friendly hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
gmsip, General Manager at Shular Inn Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Hey, thanks for the sweet comments about our breakfast hostess. She is GREAT!!!!

You need to hurry back to see us the 24 hour indoor pool awaits.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Brentwood, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I'm a frequent business traveler finding myself in Pigeon Forge for, well business. I'm used to the Hampton Inn/Courtyard type properties and the Shular Inn measured up to their best standards. Room was recently updated, actually completely renovated. New bedding, fixtures, flat screen TV, the works. Very nice and actually better and more up to date than Hampton/Courtyard. Rooms are oversized and massive compared to the chains. If you're there for fun go for Building A, which is nearest the pool and the "parkway." If you're there for business (me) stay in Building B. It's across a quiet residential street from Building A and in the back and actually surrounded by a neighborhood. VERY QUIET and peaceful. Also the building where the free breakfast is served. I'll be going back to Pigeon Forge for business and when I do I'll stay at the Shular Inn, even though there's a Hampton Inn in town.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you, we want your stay to be "very good". The rooms in Building B are oversized and convenient to the outdoor pool and breakfast. The rooms in Building A are convenient to our 24 hour indoor pool. Either building have wonderful, comfortable guestrooms.

We look forward to serving you as our guest in the very near future.
Ridgeway, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Everything was clean & the room was well appointed & the bed was comfortable. Nice shower, lots of hot water. Microwave/frig /coffee pot in the room, flat screen TV with HBO. Pools were nice, free parking.
Breakfast offerings were WEAK. With a good breakfast, this would be a 5 star rating.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Wonderful to see you enjoyed your stay with us.

We wanted to say "thank you" and to let you know we have added scrambled eggs and sausage to our breakfast menu. Hope you will like the additions.
Corbin, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

This was my second stay at the Shular Inn, stayed 2 nights in the main building. Our room was an adjoining room with a children's suite that the kids, ages 11 and 13, absolutely loved. What kid doesn't want to feel like they are staying in their own room? The room/s were very nicely decorated, were the cleanest I have seen in Pigeon Forge, and were very comfortable. The main room had a King bed with lots of pillows, (not decorative pillows, either), the linens were clean, the comforter was clean and very nice, it actually all looked new, there was also a nice looking fireplace in this room. The children's suite had bunk beds and a pull out sofa, and even better was the fact that each room had their own bathroom, television and phone. These rooms are reasonably priced when compared to other rooms that do not provide the amount of space and comfort as well as the privacy that some like. The indoor pool was clean, the kids also loved this because it was open 24 hours, so if we got back to the room really late and the kids wanted to swim prior to going to bed, then they could. I have every intention of trying to stay here for all future visits to Pigeon Forge.

Room Tip: The main building is non-smoking and has the indoor pool as well as rooms that adjoin with children...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
We love families and they do enjoy staying at the Shular Inn.

Hurry back to visit again. We have made some additional changes we think you are really going to enjoy.
London, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Shular Inn building B is a great place to stay. The rooms are updated & so clean. The staff are so friendly. My wife & I enjoy driving down to Pigeon Forge & staying @ Shular Inn few times a year . Very nice !

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Shular Inn loves for you to visit. Our rooms in both buildings are beautiful but building B rooms are oversized guestrooms.

Many new things are happening at Shular Inn and in Pigeon Forge, come again to visit real soon.
Lawrenceburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

June 23, My mom and sister and I decided we needed to get to the mountains.....The week before I left I was online searching for a good place to stay....and came upon this hotel...and I am so glad I did.....
What a great place to stay...from the time I walked into the lobby to the time I left I felt as if I was in my own home...the people that work at the Inn are so nice and helpful.
The weather was in the high 90s and upon checking in I asked if we could be in the building that is by the pool...the gentleman at the desk said he already had me in a 3rd floor room overlooking the pool...plus we arrived early ...in fact 4 hours before check-in time but our room was ready....and the pool was magnificent ...we spent many hours in the pool .
The only negative thing I have to say about the Hotel was that the hot breakfast was awful.....consisted of oatmeal and small biscuits and runny gravy....the fruit was fruit cocktail ...the muffins were mini muffins....not to my family's liking...so we chose to go elsewhere for breakfast....
I would definitely return to this place again.....

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Shular Inn is a "great place" to stay and we definitely want you to feel at home.

Don't forget, as a repeat guest, you receive discounts.

Also, we are pleased to let you know, we have introduced new items to our breakfast menu.

Look forward to your next visit.
PINEVILLE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

We stayed last week at the Shular Inn and we were extremely satisfied with our room. It was spotless! Probably the cleanest room we've ever had in a hotel. The pool and hot tub were very nice and clean. The free breakfast saved us some money. If you want privacy, request the back building. Great location.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
"THANK YOU". So happy you had a wonderful visit. Hope to see you again soon.

Been to Shular Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!