“GREAT rooms and owners but beware new staff come from hell.” 5 of 5 stars

You added Lazy Bear Inn to your Saves list
Lazy Bear Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3229 Parkway, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863   |
Ranked #60 of 94 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
“GREAT rooms and owners but beware new staff come from hell.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

was going to stay here again in June. we always stay at this hotel. The owners are great people and my stay is always great ...BUT THE NEW FRONT DESK WOMAN AND MAN ARE EVIL AND LIE!!!!!! I was told if I didn't like it to get off the property andthey bad mouthed the owners of the hotel . the man argued with me in front of his kids. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL WILL NOT BE BACK. EVEN I TOLD THE OWNERS THEY DID NOTHING. WHICH IS SURPRISING CONSIDERING THEY ARE USUALLY SO NICE!

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was a little hesitant to stay after reading some of the reviews, but I was pleasantly surprised. My room was clean, and the beds were comfortable. The staff was very friendly and willing to help. The only thing I was disappointed in was the Continental breakfast...that's stretching it a little. It was nice to have a refrigerator and microwave in the room (and a coffee maker). The pool was clean, and the location is right in the middle of everything. The trolley stop is out front, so that makes it convenient to get around without your car. It is an older place, but they have made some nice upgrades. If you're picky, you will find little things wrong, but I felt it was a great value.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Sevierville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Okay so I needed a place to stay for a few days.. tried to get in on the weekly rate.. The Husband owner was friendly and tried to work with me.. I appreciate him for trying. Now the first four day I stayed there not really any issues. The rooms were pretty clean even though it smelled like smoke in a non smoking room.

A lot of backwoods seedy folks staying at this place , watch out. When I tried to get the weekly rate I had to deal with his wife, the spanish women. She was very defensive about everything. Now when I did try to get the weekly rate room. I ASKED FOR NON SMOKING BECAUSE OF ALLERGIES. I was told no problem and that I would have to move from the room I had been in because the next weekend they booked that room, after the husband told me that if I wanted to stay on in that room there would be no issues with it. Lie number one, now to my shock when I went to switch rooms the next day I got my card and found the room is disgusting smokey mess . When i asked for Non smoking they threw me down in the back alley and their was a big black X marked on the door, should of known. They did charge my credit card but they refunded it thankfully..

Beware if you stay here because you will not be treated right, and they speak Spanish right in front of you so if you don't understand it oh well.. Forget this place, there are nicer places in PF to stay.

Room Tip: Stay Away!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Kingsport, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We just got married so went to Pigeon Forge for our honeymoon. We stayed 2 nights in the two bedroom suite (also with two separate bathrooms, so no waiting on each other!) with Jacuzzi. Each room has it's own separate unit to heat and cool the room with. It's located on the backside of the hotel near an alleyway, so it was pretty peaceful. There was, however an odd humming sound that randomly shut off and on every 15 to 20 minutes or so somewhere above our room. It's a ground floor room, but despite the humming sound (which wasn't much of a bother) it was a nice room. The Jacuzzi just barely had enough hot water to fill it and we were still able to take hot showers afterwards, one of the (set of 3) ceiling lights in the back room wasn't working, but there was plenty of light regardless and I wouldn't have noticed if it hadn't been pointed out. The beds were VERY comfortable and clean. The room was cleaned daily. The continental breakfast is what I'd expect of a continental breakfast - a bit of cereal, doughnut, small muffin, juice and toast in a small kitchen that looks like an employee lounge with two tables, nothing special. The staff (special shout out to Carolina!) was VERY friendly. The hotel is between lights 6 and 7 and Dollywood lane is at light 8 so it's VERY close and it's on the parkway close to most everything. I originally decided to stay at this Inn based on the ratings stating how clean it was and how friendly the staff was. It's spring break week so we had a hard time finding a place, the only down side to this Inn is the price, it's not very competitive and I asked two different staff members if they offered a discount on our stay since we had Dollywood Gold season passes (some hotels do offer that), but never received a definite answer. Pricing seems to be something that's a bit confusing between what's there and what's listed on websites. The only other negative was one of the coffee makers needed a simple rinse off, but not bad. We don't drink coffee, so it wasn't an issue. They do provide towels, shampoo, soap, coffee, plastic bathroom cups, a cube mini fridge (2 of them ,both were spotless), microwave (2 of them, both were also spotless), 2 flat screen TV's we had to request the second remote since you get them from the desk (there's no extra charge for the remotes or anything though), carpet is very clean, furniture (dresser and 2 night stands per room + 1 desk) were all very clean. One bathroom seemed to have a newer design than the other, Jacuzzi was clean, ceilings over the showers had very slight water damage but that's probably just due to the continuous ceiling type covering the whole room- it's an old popcorn style ceiling. All in all, we would happily stay here again. Just wish the rates were a bit better.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I was there for a wedding for four days March 2013, and it was an older place, but my room was clean and comfortable. There were 4 other rooms in the party staying there, and they appeared to be the same

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

The building is older but the room was clean & the bed was comfortable. The room was cleaned each day of our stay! **I'm glad I did not let the negative reviews on here keep me from choosing this hotel. There was a couple of wash cloths with old spots on them that we could not use but we had plenty of good ones brought to our room daily that was very usable! We will stay here again! :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Worst motel ever. There was mold in bathtub and along walls. You can't lay on bed without itching. We checked in and immediately left.. lost out on 50 bucks but I couldn't stand to stay there. I woulda not feel safe leaving my car in the parking lot! Bring cleaner and fresh sheets just warning you!! There is a 24 hour cancellation fee so you are safer to look @ the room before you pay.. I don't see this place booking up anytime fast! They may have new managers but I don't see that there have been any improvements.

• Stayed December 2012
Diana B, General Manager at Lazy Bear Inn, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
It is very disappointing to hear you that you were not happy with us. We strieve here at the Lazy Bear Inn to make our guest happy and enjoy themselves. I certainly, hope that you will consider staying with us again. I can assure you a nice clean room. Sincerely Diana Brown, Gm

Been to Lazy Bear Inn? Share your experiences!