“GREAT PLACE FOR THE $$$$” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Pigeon Forge

You added Motel 6 Pigeon Forge to your Saves list
Motel 6 Pigeon Forge
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   336 Henderson Chapel Rd, I-40 Exit #407/SR 66 south to US 441, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863   |
Ranked #67 of 93 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Black Mountain, North Carolina
“GREAT PLACE FOR THE $$$$”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

As my wife and I do travel about and we do have a timeshare program, we decided to save our points on the timeshare by finding a nice motel/hotel for our recent visit to Dollywood.

I went online and found a good price per night for Motel 6 in Pigeon Forge....and after reading trip advisor reviews, I made reservations with this motel for two (2) nights.

When I arrived and started the check in process, I did make it known to a very pleasant desk person that I would want to see the room first to make any changes if necessary. This lady, who now is called Pam was so very understanding had no problem with my request. After the paper work was done to my satisfaction, Pam was really helpful in directing me to her choices of oriental restaurants in the area......she is an asset to Motel 6 with her cheerful smile and willingness to help with any problem that we, the public might have in a stay at Motel 6.

The bottom line is that this place is CLEAN and friendly....housekeeping and maintenance people were great to deal with as I had did have a small issue which was my fault that they did handle very quickly.

While some travelers might be critical to some of the amenities in the room or the outside area, this place is above any criticism for what is offered for the $$$ charged.

Upon my check out, the front desk young lady (Tiffany ) was all smiles and did answer some of my questions about the pricing that advertised which was lower than that I had paid...turns out that what you see up and down the "strip" is for a one person with a one bed.....I still got a better deal online.

Will I stay at Motel 6 in Pigeon Forge in the future ?? YES

"j"

Room Tip: Ask for the west side to keep the traffic noise from the "Parkway" to a minimum.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Me, my husband, our 3 yr old & our 4 yr old stayed here one night in July on a Thursday! We got into town late about 9pm! and this was the first hotel we stopped at! We usually have to stop at several hotels before we find a decent price and place but we got lucky this time. it was right in town but off the road a little. It was only $57 thats with tax to stay here! What we really liked was the 24 hr outdoor pool, hottub, & kiddie pool! The hot tub was one of the biggest ive seen the pool was large to it was a nice area my only complaint about the 24 hr outdoor pool was that there was no lights out there theyre was lights in the hot tub but none in the large pool so it was pretty dark. They do allow pets! which is great for ppl with pets! Also theres a large are to walk your dogs and a large covered bbq and picinc area. its at the end of the road so you dont have to deal with the busy traffic and ppl. The lady at the front desk was very nice! The beds were comfortable & the rooms were decent size! i would recommend this hotel if your needing a cheap price with the extras like the 24 hr pool! Its right across from the wax meusum and other fun activities for the whole family! We will stay here again!

Room Tip: If you have lil ones & plan on swimming ask for room closest to the pool so the lil ones dont ha...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Roan Mountain, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed one night during the Memorial Day weekend because most hotels had a 2 night min. Good price and our dog was free! Great place in the back of the motel to walk your dog. Our room was a little small and the shower too but we managed for one night.

The only problem we had was a dog across the hall barked from the time the owners left at 7:30 am till the time one of the guest came out of his room and yelled at the dog to shut up. We didn't hear any sounds from the dog again.

Great motel for the money close by but back off the main strip and pet friendly is a big Plus!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed in this hotel while exploring the Great Smoky Mountains. Everything about this stay was great, starting off with the friendly lady at the front desk who was very cheerful and helpful. The room was clean and wasnt too small. And it was very close to the great smoky mountains, only about 15 minutes away. The hotel is about one block away from the main street with all the attractions etc so the hotel is nice and quiet.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Newport, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

really liked our room. staff was great. heated pool was very nice! our dog liked the large yard.had no problem with other guests animals, noise smell or anything. was off the main road which was great, but not far from some good attractions.

Sparta, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Very clean hotel. Friendly staff. Great value for the price. Nothing fancy but we just needed a room for the night. The first floor we were told is great if you have a dog, close to walking grounds. We stayed on the third floor. We will stay here again but, will take my own pillow, the pillows are VERY FLAT.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms are better for couples. First floor is better if you have a dog, close to the walk...
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

This hotel was a delightful surprise starting with Brandie the very welcoming receptionist.
It was located about one block from the main drag so was nice and peaceful at night. Our room overlooked a small paddock and we enjoyed birds roosting in the trees outside.

The room was smallish though clean; bright and functional. The bathroom was a nice size - larger than what you would expect. I wonder if the place has been recently renovated due to it's brightness. The internet here was very, very fast.

We had a microwave and fridge which you wouldn't expect considering the cost to stay here. I asked for an iron; board and hairdryer - it was cheerfully handed over. We had everything we needed.

The heated pool and spa was a bonus. Adjacent to the pool was a lovely barbecue area.

The only issue was the hotel calls itself a 'non smoking' hotel. The corridors have a very strong cigarette odour as did the room. It permeated the linen and pillows. We saw a man step out of his room with a cigar in his mouth. It's a shame but this hotel can't really be taken as a 'non smoking' hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Pigeon Forge? Share your experiences!