“Price is way too high” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Mountain Vista Inn & Suites

You added Mountain Vista Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Mountain Vista Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2647 Parkway, Pigeon Forge, TN 37868 (Formerly Family Inns of America - Twin Malls)   |
Ranked #91 of 93 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Florence, ky
“Price is way too high”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2009

There were 4 adults, and 3 children in our party. I called approx. 21/2 weeks ahead to book a reservation I spoke with a Tiffany I said I would like the suite from 4/5/09-4/10/09 and if I liked it how much would an extra nite be she said tax in all would be $112.00. She took it upon herself to add the extra day on, my price went from $562.00 for arrival on the 5th & departure on the 10th. to $775.00 what a jump. I kept my end of the bargain up however our elegant 2 bdroom suite turned out to be a disaster, the young girl at the front desk helped get us moved to the penthouse for the rest of our stay. I was told they could give me a credit for my next stay, but that was it. Tiffany needs to do her job right , or pay people back the money they had to put out .

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2009

hey do not listen to half of these reviews some are bad and some are good . but my family and i went there last month and we not only loved the room as well as the people there but we decided that when we return that we were going to stay there . they just won me over .i also loved it because we were allowed to bring our dog with us to this particular hotel . my kids even loved the big indoor heated pool as well they really had a blast there . and we will return it was great experiance and we will return . thanks family inn twin malls we had a better experiance in the great smokies because of your property and hospitality . i also loved the view from our own personal balcony as well the zunun family of kentucky

• Liked — the space in the rooms
  • Disliked — nothing it was absolutly perfect
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Salyersville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2007

After paying for our rooms my family and I were given directions about 2 blocks away to a building that was petty scary looking. We were shocked to walk into a hot smelly room. The beds were barely made and the tubs were nasty. We asked to look at another room and the manager who was the nastiest man I have ever met told us that they were in the same building and all the same. We asked nicely for a refund and were told no. This man talked to my family so rudely that my 10 year old son cried. I had stayed at family inns before and there was never a problem. This manager threatened us with a bouncer like maintenance man who they called Billy. He stood up in my Step-dads face and told us to leave his property and when we asked where to file a complaint he said it would never reach anyone because they went through him first. This man is a digrace to a business. He also told us that the owner was over the chamber of commerce and that it would not matter if we complained. There were 2 other families complaining that night and the manager was rude to them also. We did not get any money back and had to pay for another room that night. DO NOT STAY HERE> VERY UNPROFESSIONAL MANAGER ON NIGHT SHIFT HE IS A BIG SLOPPY MAN WHO ACTS LIKE HE HATES EVERYONE.

• Liked — worst place i had ever seen
  • Disliked — the overweight man who called himself the manager
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2007

We booked our stay through Westgate Resorts. We agreeded to take a ninety minute tour of The Westgate Resort in exchange for a deeply discounted rate for a two-bedroom suite. We did get the room for the price we were quoted, but I would not have refered to it as a suite. It was two bedroom area joined by a bath. There was no air in the second bedroom. Therefore the air conditioning from the first room's window unit, which faced into a wall, had to try to cool both rooms. The effect was the first bedroom was freezing, the second one stiffling. The rooms were old and outdated. We were scared to walk around without shoes, use the bathroom, or sleep in the beds. I felt my daughter hit the nail on the head when she said "I dread going back to our room." This is our second experience at a Family Inn, and it will be the last.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Bowling Green, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2007

I stayed at Family Inns this past May and really enjoyed my stay there. The hotel staff were very nice and went out of their way to help me and my family while we were there. One of the clerks even gave us some free tickets to one of the attractions in the area at no
charge to us. The housekeeping staff were also very nice and did a good job on our room each day. The breakfast was more than i had expected. They had cereal, bagels, and the like, which was a lot better than the standard "coffee-donuts" i usually get at hotels. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for 4 star service at a 2 star rate on a room.

• Liked — great service and a great price
  • Disliked — pool could have been a bit larger
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Nashville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2007

We just returned from our vacation and I had to let everyone know what a HORRIBLE HOTEL AND STAFF this is. We made reservations about a week before arrival and were quoted $149 for Saturday night and $109 for Sunday night in a two bedroom suite. Also, they told us to go to the Chamber of Commerce and pick up a $25 off coupon for both nights before we checked in. We arrived with coupon in hand and the staff made us pay in advance. When I looked at the receipt, they didn't credit the coupon for either night and charged me over $300. I asked the attendant to please correct the overcharge. She stated that they would correct it when we checked out. Now for the real horror story. We went to our room and quickly realized that only one bedroom had any heat or air. The other didn't even have a single vent or fan. With a two bedroom suite, aren't you expected to be able to sleep with the doors closed for privacy? The staff sent up a $5 box fan and expected it to be OK. The bathroom had mildew stains on the walls and ceiling and the whole place smelled like a wet dog. We had to move a chair to open the sleeper sofa and found molded Doritos underneath. As for the stains on the beds, well we slept ontop of all the sheets. We stayed the night and the next morning we asked to be refunded the second night stay and go somewhere else. The clerk was very rude and said thier policy was no refunds, period. I told her we were going to dispute the charges with the credit card company if a refund for the night we were not staying was not received. After some smart remarks from the clerk, she said to contact the manager (Mikala) on Monday and she would take care of us. To this day, the manager has not returned my call. Looks like the dispute will be filed. By the way, the extra $90 we were charged, the clerk said "the taxes are high here in Pigeon Forge". Boy do I wish I would have read some of the reviews first.....

• Liked — Absolutely NOTHING!
  • Disliked — Where should I begin.......
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
hotelmgr865, manager at Mountain Vista Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 25, 2007
This guest, and I know who he is, has posted some true statements BUT he has posted some false statements as well. My desk clerk was very patient with this guest. He was in the office for 15 minutes being verbally abusive to my desk clerk while she was trying to come to an amicable solution to his problems. She offered to transfer him to another room, or transfer him to another property. I did have another guest that verified what my desk clerk told me. My desk clerk did tell him to talk to me and he came in on Monday and spoke to me face to face. I was pleasant to him, told him that I would talk to the executive office and get authorization to credit him back for the one night that he didn't stay. He said that would be okay and we left it at that. I did stay in contact with him to let him know where we were at and I even let him know when I got the approval to do the credit and even FAXED him a copy of the credit slip. I understand his being upset with the problems in his rooms but what I DO NOT appreciate is blantant lies. I don't ignore guest problems and I go out of my way to make the guests at my hotel happy. I do not tolerate my desk clerks being rude to guests but in turn I don't tolerate guests being rude to my clerks. I apologized to this guest numerous times for his troubles but I guess me trying to make right what was wrong is not enough for him.
South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2007

This is a very long review, but trust me it's worth reading! My sister had offered to take me to the mountains for a nice weekend, or so we thought. She had booked us at the Family Inn and Suites and had booked the two king bed suite with the works (which I don't even think really exists). We were under the impression that for 160 a night we would get what had been advertised as two king beds, a balcony and a jacuzzi just to name a few. When we first got there we were hassled by the check in lady because my sister (being 17 at the time) was not old enough to purchase the room which I understood so that's why I was there. Then the lady informed us that our suite had been booked up and that she had put us in a better room. With that in mind we set off for our room to find that we had been downgraded for the same price as we were paying for the suite. There was no jacuzzi, balcony or anything else that had been advertised. My sister went to question the lady at the front desk (who also happened to be the manager) and she resumed to get into an argument with my sister apparently because she thought that just becuase she was younger that she could take advantage of her. My husband then stepped in and was warned by the manager that if he interferred she would call the police on him. Needless to say they would not offer her a refund so we could go stay somewhere else. After many conversations with higher up people we finally got a refund for the second night and went somewhere else where we had a MUCH BETTER experience. Please try to avoid this place if at all possible.

Stayed October 2006

Been to Mountain Vista Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!