“Typical chocolate shop with good late night service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Ice Cream
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Columbia
“Typical chocolate shop with good late night service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

This shop has a good selection of, well---chocolate! They have carmel apples, fudge, ice cream, and chocolates. We went at almost 10am and received excellent service. The dark chocolate salted caramel fudge was really good.

I give this shop above average rating because they were closing and still took time with us.

Inman, South Carolina
“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here on our way out of pigeon forge for a sweet treat to take home. We ordered fudge to give as a gift to my mom's coworkers, a m&m caramel apple and a chocolate chip cookie. We sampled the red velvet and peanut butter pie fudge and both were tasty. The red velvet was our favorite though. The caramel apple and cookie were both delicious! It is a little on the pricey side but isn't everything in pigeon forge? I probably wouldn't stop on there for ice cream since it's only Blue Bell but the candy is great!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saint Augustine, Florida
“Don't make this mistake”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

I wish I had read reviews before stopping here for an afternoon snack. The store has visual appeal from the road. A cheeky monkey on bright yellow sign beacons you to stop. That is all the positive I can say.
The ice cream served is the Blue Bell brand which is decent ice cream which is available in most major groceries in 2 quart containers for less than I paid for a scoop. Chocolate Monkey's scoop size is less than a half cup which is still more than I managed to choke down.
I have never known ice cream to taste warm but this one did. Maybe the semi-solid state was due to gelatin content rather than freezer temperature.
Next insult was when I asked for a cup of water to rinse the sticky sweetness from my palate. I was sold a bottle of water $1.50 as Chocolate Monkey does not serve complimentary tap water.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
MonkeyManager, Manager at Chocolate Monkey, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
I am sorry that you did not enjoy our store or products. It is our expectation to serve fresh products. In each of our stores we offer samples of our warm cinnamon glazed nuts, caramel, fudge and ice-cream. The samples are offered so you can decide if you like that product. If by chance you do not like the product offered we will offer another selection or you may choose another sample from what you think you would like. The size of our scoops are displayed in each shop at the ice-cream counter. The size of the scoops are shown as you look at the display of cones and cups we offer. The prices are even posted on the cone/cup selections.
Again, I'm sorry that you had a bad experience!
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Over priced, but decent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

I've cream was ok, but could go to grocery to buy blue bell. Didn't buy any chocolates. They did not look appealing..

Asheville, North Carolina
“Death By Chocolate -- and other Flavors, too!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

This little shop has just about every imaginable fudge flavor conceivable, as well as a huge panoply of other decadent treats! The fudge is sold by the pound. And don't forget to try one of their Granny Smith Caramel Apples! There are both huge and delicious!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere