“Great Staff and rooms are comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites
2510 Parkway, Pigeon Forge, TN 37862 (Formerly Red Roof Pigeon Forge)   |
Ranked #18 of 94 hotels in Pigeon Forge
New Bern, North Carolina
“Great Staff and rooms are comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Of course this is not a 5 or 4 star Inn but it is very nice with a great staff..We try to stay here when we go to Pigeon Forge as it is close to so much and walking distance to restaurants and shopping. Love that we can walk to our favorite restaurant, Calhouns. The Inn has always been clean when we have stayed there and the staff always welcoming and making you feel like a valued customer and wanting you to return for future stays, which we will..
We are planning a trip for August and already getting ready to make our reservations..

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Eric_Havlin, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
The staff and I thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn. We appreciate your kind words about your resent stay so please hurry back to see us. We look forward to serving you again real soon.

270 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I booked this hotel for one night while in town with some family visiting the area. I didn't have a reservation but the desk staff found me a room for a good price. The desk staff were all friendly and eager to make you feel they welcomed you to their hotel.

While the hotel did have some worn looking areas, overall is was fine and no one should rule it out for this reason alone. It may be an older hotel, plus it's a Red Roof Inn, not the Hilton.

The shower had good pressure and plenty of hot water. The room had coffee plus all supplies needed. There was free wi-fi in the hotel and the indoor pool and hot tub were open 24 hours a day! They also serve a free breakfast, but I missed it from sleeping too late.

Pool towels are available at the front desk, so get them before you get wet and have to walk through the cold lobby while dripping.

The location is good and there's lots to do around the area. You're within walking distance to mini-golf, restaurants, and shops all without having to cross the street.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Eric_Havlin, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn. We appreciate your comments and please hurry back to see us. We look forward to your next visit.
Charleston, WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Me and my three children stayed here for 4 nights and had a great experience. Clean, nice desk clerks, good breakfast and indoor pool open 24 hours! Great deal after using the 15% off coupon in the Pigein Forge travel planner guide. Only issue was our room was not cleaned one day, just dirty towels taken. No problem, just called front desk and they brought us clean towels right up. Highly recommend!

• Stayed June 2013
Eric_Havlin, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of Red Roof Inn and your kind words regarding our staff. They take great pride in making sure our guests enjoy their stay and have everything that they need while they are here. We are so glad that you enjoyed breakfast. Thank you again for taking time to review our hotel and we look forward to your next visit.
Lester, West Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We have stayed here many times in the past. I like the location, it is in the middle of everything. It is usually very clean but this time the carpets are dirty. Maybe they have cut back on their staff. Overall I do like this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn during your recent visit to Pigeon Forge TN. With all the lodging options you had to choose from you chose us and that is awesome. I must apologies for the carpet, we recently cleaned all the hotels carpet and to my surprise we missed this room during the process. Thank you again for bringing this to my attention. We hope to see you again soon!
VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Room was a little more run down than I would have preferred. Carpet was coming up and bathroom floor looked old and dirty. The room had one of the old style "under the window" air/heating units. Both knobs were stripped and the room never would get cold enough even tho the unit ran all night long. The box spring had a nastly looking stain and overall the room just did not feel clean. I do like that the indoor pool is open 24 hours and the hotel dies provide breakfast, but it was very unappetizing. Also, there was only one elevator for the entire hotel that operated very slowly. I realize Red Roofs arent an upscale chain, but it was given so many good reviews, I thought id give it a chance. Unfortunately it didnt live up to my standards.

• Stayed June 2013
Eric_Havlin, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
I found your comments about your resent stay very disturbing. Please, when you get a chance give me a call. As you can see from our reviews, we do not have these kinds of situations. It would be my pleasure to speak with you further and investigate these issues. Thank you once again for bringing this to my attention!
Horn Lake, Mississippi, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times and have always been very pleased. However, this trip was very disappointing. I don't know if management had changed or not, but there was a distinguishable difference. The elevator had a bad odor. We were hoping to get some rest however, the bed that sagged to the middle killed that. We never got a really good night's sleep. Two lights were out in our room, one being the very important bathroom light. We mentioned it the next day and they were never fixed. I even commented how difficult it was getting ready in the dark. Two of the days we were there, room service was running late so we had to forego the normal room cleaning and ask for clean towels. Then a few days after we returned home, we discovered that we had been charged twice for our entire stay. Very, very disappointed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future. At Red Roof, it is our intention to have your confidence in our abilities to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Thank you for sharing your concerns and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at Red Roof the next time your travel plans require lodging.
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

My fiancé and I were extremely pleased with our one night stay here! We used a $10 coupon and they honored it and checked us in with no issues. For the price we paid, we got more than expected. Our room (#123) had a king bed, a private patio area, couch, desk, and a great shower...the pool is open 24hours which we loved. My fiancé slept like a newborn for the first time on this trip!! The bed and pillows were just so comfortable. The air conditioner was on full blast and worked well, except for a random tapping sound that occurred sporadically. Other than that, our stay was perfect. We even used the laundry facilities- $1.50 to wash one load, $1.00 to dry...I had never stayed at a RRI, and now I can't wait to again. :). Unfortunately, because we slept so well, we missed the breakfast however, the breakfast room was clean and beautiful!!

Room Tip: #123- private patio