“average hotel good location” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Pigeon Forge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   219 Emert Street, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863   |
Ranked #38 of 94 hotels in Pigeon Forge
North Carolina
“average hotel good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2007

We just got back from pigeon forge from aug 1 to aug 4 had a great time the hotel is very clean and in a great location away from all the traffic . The breakfast area is very very small as well as the lobby. The staff was not very friendly or helpful the swimming pool is small and I believe you have to share it with the guest at the super 8 motel. The hotel is within walking distance to several restaturants corkys,arbys,ihop,burger king it was alright but i will proably stay at another hotel next time we are in the area .

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

310 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Hamilton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2007

Clean bathroom, attractive furnishings, good location. I highly recommend.

• Liked — It was clean! Beds were comfortable, nice furnishing and decor.
  • Disliked — Nothing we didn't like.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Commerce, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2007

I recently booked a room with this hotel on their websight and got back a printed reservation as well as a credit card receipt and a confirmation number. When my family arrived to check in, they had no record of our reservation whatsoever, no available rooms, and a generally unconcerned attitude, except to say that the computer must have glitched. The attendant did call next door to a Super 8 motel to find us an available room, however. As it turned out, the folks at Super 8 said that the La Quinta was constantly having these "glitches on their sight and loosing reservations! After already having had a bad experience with a different La Quinta, I should have known beter than to book with them again. Anyway, the good news is that we had a wonderful stay at the Super 8 and our room was spectacular!

Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2007

This was our first stay at the LaQuinta Inn and will not be our last! We were warmly greeted and given information about the hotel. Our room was extremely clean and inviting. There was a hairdryer, iron/board, nice size refrigerator, and microwave in the room. The bed was comfortable but the pillows were a little firmer than I typically like. The hotel also has washer/dryers on the third floor if needed. It is also off the main strip so it is extremely quite. I highly enjoyed my experience and plan to stay here my next trip to pigeon forge.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Poconos
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2007

We spent 2 nights at the Pigeon Forge La Quinta in early September of last year and we enjoyed our stay very much. We arrived in town without reservations and surveyed the multitude of hotels & motels lining the main road through town - all the signs advertising rooms for $29/night terrified us, and this hotel looked new and a bit more upscale. Upon entering, it was exactly as we expected - very clean & decorated beautifully, and we were delighted to find the rate was only $50/night. Our room was pretty, comfortable & spotless, and because the hotel is set back from the road, there was no noise or traffic congestion.

The only complaint I have about our stay is the much reported one, that of the hovering staff. During the afternoon of our second day, my sister drove off to find a particular area of the Nat'l Park a guide had warned me to avoid after I explained my fear of heights. I stayed in the hotel and spent the time catching up on postcards & work (I am a writer and was able to get a lot of work done on our 6-week vacation). I left the room 2x's during the several hours I was alone and each time I did, the same male staff member was lurking in the hallway. The hotel being basically deserted on a beautiful Friday afternoon, this made me nervous - did I walk out as he happened to be passing by TWO TIMES or did he hang out there the entire time? Once, I took the elevator to the ground floor to use the vending machine. As soon as I was off the elevator, the older gentleman who'd been standing behind the front desk left his post to follow me down the hall to where the vending machine was located - he followed at a distance and tried to be discreet, but it was obvious I was being monitored. When I returned down the hall, he was loitering near the elevator, pretending to adjust a picture on the wall. He waited until I'd pressed the elevator call button before turning to me and asking, "Is everything alright, Miss?" I told him, "Yes, why wouldn't it be?" and he smiled and said, "Just making sure." He stood there until I was on the elevator and was still staring at me as the door closed.

I understand the hotel is under new management and I would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Great accomodations and reasonable prices
  • Disliked — Former management
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
South
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2006

First of all, contacting them was a problem for us in that they (Tico, Sales Manager) always appeared "too busy" and were to call us back to let us know about availability and price prior to our arriving a week later. We never heard from him again and even tried faxing him...it never went through.

My family (6 of us) finally arrive there the date we were staying. We ask them if we can check out their rooms before we make our choice.

There were 3 people at the front desk. All 3 of them decided it was necessary for them to go with us to each room type they showed us. They even put up a sign at the front desk stating that they were away!

We're still trying to figure out why that happened and what they thought we were going to do if only one of them showed us their different rooms.

They were not cordial or nice people either. Only 1 of the 3 talked or said one word to us. The other 2 always walked right in front of us to enter the room each time we were shown a different room type.

As for the property, everywhere you looked..it was dirty. The lobby/breakfast area is very, very small.

The hallways and entire hotel is like everyone else has reported before..there is a mildewy or "wet" smell throughout the whole place. Some of the rooms even seemed "damp" in their smell as well and "cool" as well inside.(drafty)

Once our tour was over and we were back at the front desk,, the other two non-talkers disappeared. When asked about rates, we were given the line(as over the phone), they vary, not just according to room type but also time of year..not directly answering our question or just politely giving us a quote. We politely left!

• Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
LQ0993GM, Director of Marketing/ Assistant Manager/ Group Sales Manager at La Quinta Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, February 12, 2007
First of all, on behalf of ALL of the staff at the LaQuinta Inn of Pigeon Forge I apologize for all of the problems that you encountered with our hotel.
Tico is no longer the owner or on the staff of our hotel. We came under new ownership and management in October of 06. Since then, many changes have occured, and many more changes are slated for the future. We have a completely new staff, and I assure you that each and every one of them are kind as well as hospitable. We treat people with respect, we treat people with dignity. When you walk through our front doors, you are greeted like family. You are our guest, and we treat you the way that we would want to be treated. All of our front desk associates are well trained and are very efficient in their jobs. You will never get the run around when you call or come in for a rate quote. All of your questions will be answered then and there. If for some reason the person you are speaking with does not know the answer to a question, he or she will get you the answer immediately. As for having people escort you to look at the different suites, this should not have happened. We do not treat people like criminals, and we do not treat people like children. What we do do is tell you about the different types of suites and rooms that are available, make you keys for the rooms, and let you take a look at them at your leisure. Then we will answer any questions that you may have and we work with you on the rates in an attempt to try to accomodate you and make your stay with us even more pleasant and enjoyable. I would like to comment on the sign that was placed at the counter. This sign states that the employee is out on the property and will be back in a few minutes. It is placed on the counter to let others know that we will be right back. This is a courtesy to our guests that simply lets them know that yes, we are there, and we will be back to assist them momentarily. It is not meant to belittle anyone.

Again, I apologize for your negative experience with our hotel. I assure you, and I guarantee that if you were to walk in today, you would have a completely different experience. One that would be pleasant and enjoyable. If you are back in the Pigeon Forge area, I invite you to stop by and speak with me. I promise that if you choose to stay with us, you will not regret it. If there is anything that I can do to assist you in any way, please feel free to contact me at our toll free number.

Christy Hickam
Director of Marketing
Group Sales

Tunnel Hill
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2006

Checked in 8/5 around 9pm after leaving another nasty hotel. Went to La Quinta, girl was real nice and the place was immaculate. Soft beds, all ammenities you need. Will be staying there again in the future. We go to Pigeon Forge quite frequently.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
LQ0993GM, Management at La Quinta Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, February 12, 2007
My name is Christy Hickam and I am the Director of Marketing and Group Sales for the LaQuinta Inns of Pigeon Forge. I just read your comment on our property and wanted to thank you for the many kind words that you expressed. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Just to let you know, we came under new ownership in October, and have made a few changes. One of the biggest is that we have almost completely eliminated the musty odor. It's a work in progress, and is taking some time as it was due to years of neglect on the part of the previous owners. We have also changed a few things regarding our pet policy. We try to keep all pets on the first and second floors. All pet rooms are shampooed between guests. I never did understand the elevator rule, so I have omitted it. Our only requests that we are "sticklers" about are that the pet never be allowed to run around the breakfast area during breakfast, and that the owner not leave the pet unattended for extended periods of time if the pet is a "barker". This is out of respect for the other guests at the hotel. We do require that you leave us a cell phone number in case there is a problem. We also prefer that you let us know in advance that you are bringing your little one with you.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope that you will be staying with us again in the near future. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions and when you're ready to make that reservation.

Christy Hickam
Director of Marketing
Group Sales
Assistant General Manager

Been to La Quinta Inn Pigeon Forge? Share your experiences!