“Stay at a different hotel!!” 2 of 5 stars

Smoky Shadows Motel And Conference Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4215 Parkway, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863   |
Ranked #81 of 93 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Roanoke, Virginia
“Stay at a different hotel!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

The actual room was actually not bad. It seemed clean and new. The lobby looks like something out of a horror movie. The AC units were taped in the wall, it was dirty and the staff looked like they had crawled out of bed with the clothes they were wearing. the outside pool was dirty and it is very small. The inside pool was nicer but also small and full of ppl. The breakfast was a joke. they had the cheap off brand fruit bars and honey buns. There was cereal and milk coffee and juice. But don't expect anything more. The sheets on the bed looked dirty with stains.Oh and the pic of the river fails to show the campers and tents on the other side. Not secluded like the pic suggests. I would never go back there. Spend the extra 20 bucks per night and stay somewhere else!

Room Tip: If you must stay here, request a room in the towers part of the hotel..they are the newst.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Cleveland, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

My family and I just stayed here on 5/18/12. We went up for the night to spend Saturday with friends at Dollywood. We stayed in the Tower on the top floor and had a nice room. The bathroom was very clean, no stray hairs or dust bunnies to be found. The staff was friendly and helpful. My only complaint is that their Continental Breakfast consists of snack cakes, cold cereal and instant oatmeal. Other than that this is a great place. The price was about average for this kind of room, 2 King beds and a jacuzzi. You can stay cheaper in their older buildings but I wouldn't advise it. Tried it once before but moved to Tower room after a flea attack. If you go here, stay in the Tower, should have no problems.

Room Tip: Rooms on the backside are overlooking the water.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012 via mobile

Nice place for the price. Pam at the front desk was super friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2012
Greenwell Springs, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

We traveled to Pigeon Forge last spring for a little family getaway. Upon arriving at another hotel (not to be mentioned) we were surprised that the rooms at this "other" hotel were VERY substandard. After sweating one night away for the overpriced stay I set out in the crowded PF area to find other lodging. My son and I drove into Smoky Shadows and I was quoted a terrific price for a two King Suite. I was like.. "Can I see a room before we rent?" We went and were very satisfied with the lush suite. We transferred hotels and were VERY SATISFIED with the rooms, service, and overall stay. The staff treated us like family. I will definitely come back to Smoky Shadows this year!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Smokey Shadows for the Fall Rod Run! This was our first time at this motel ! The staff was so nice to us and the room was wonderful! I will defiantly be a twice a year guest! My reservations are already made for the Spring Rod Run!

• Stayed September 2011
Roan Mountain, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

My husband and i wanted to "Just get away" i got on the net and booked our room thru a travel sight (for the very first time) and chose Smokey Shadows because the stream in the picture and sun set !! When we arived to my extrem dissapointment our room was on the other side of the building. BUT one quick call to the desk and we were plesently suprised when we were able to change rooms!! i went to the desk and our room key was waiting for me and she conviently placed us right across the hal from our first room. WOW it was so relaxinf the hou tub was great and the room was clean. I will book at Smokey Shadows for our next get away

Room Tip: ask for a room on the side with the stream and open the door to hear the water! NICE
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012 via mobile

We were looking at the last moment for a room, I picked a place this place as a last call only because it's the last motel on the left going into Gatlinburg, the front desk staff, Seth was amazing he found and held the room until we got there. Once there the district manager was so kind and gave a great value on the room. The room was so clean. I have OCD and very few things goes in noticed. I moved the sofa and the floor was so clean. And the tub was free of mold , as I have seen a lot of in other places. Me and my Hubby plan to go back next weekend . And we only live 45 mins away. Thank you for being so kind.

• Stayed February 2012

Been to Smoky Shadows Motel And Conference Center? Share your experiences!