“Fun for the whole family!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Country Cascades

You added Country Cascades to your Saves list
Country Cascades
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   204 Sharon Drive, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863 (Formerly Country Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge)   |
Ranked #18 of 94 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tennessee Ridge, Tennessee
“Fun for the whole family!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2009

We stayed in the Executive Suite. It was huge, and was pretty cheap. I didn't know, but they have several different types of suites. One called the celebration suite, and one called the penthouse suite. So, if you need a room that has two seperate rooms in it, don't pay for two single rooms just ask for a suite with two rooms. Both rooms share a livingroom and big bathroom. It saves alot of money. We had a whirlpool inside ours, a fireplace, a living room, and a bedroom that had a door with a king size bed dresser, etc. Our kids slept in the living room fold out matress with the fireplace and played in the whirlpool while me and my husband went to bed in the king size bed that had a door that shuts to it also. It was very private for a family, yet enjoyable like a cabin. The livingroom had a good size tv and of course coffee, etc. We enjoyed playing in the indoor pool that had a hot tub and open pretty late, it was also a very large pool area and super clean! The whole hotel is very clean, and very friendly.
The rooms were thoughly checked before I paid for cleanliness and they were very clean! I was very happy with their service, and price was very reasonable too. We would chose this hotel over a cabin because we have a pool and hot tub, were right down in the middle of pigeon forge and its cheaper!

• Liked — I loved the size of the executive suite
  • Disliked — The furniture in the rooms are very outdated. Needs renovation badly, but cleanliness makes up for it!
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Bristol, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2008

The previous review by Tasmania pretty much said everything I had plannned on saying about our stay.

My husband and I stayed overnight for our anniversary, and if the hotel was not completely booked, it was close to it because their large parking lot was nearly full. We booked a suite which had a huge bathroom (I would have killed for a bathroom that size when our husband and daughters were at the beach last year.) Yes, the furniture is worn as other reviewers have pointed out. BUT, our room was spotless and we had plenty of towels (very important to me - I hate not having enough towels.) Our bed was not uncomfortable. However, after lying in bed trying to figure out why my eyes were itching and I was getting congested, I found that the bed had down pillows, which I am allergic to. Since the suite had a sofa bed in the living room, I found the pillows for the sofa bed were foam, so I was able to switch pillows and get some sleep.

We had no troubles at all with the elevator, but we did have trouble with our key cards.

The continental breakfast was great. There were biscuits and gravy, waffle stations, 4 different cereals to choose from, toast, bagels, jelly, cream cheese, doughnuts, milk, coffee, juice, etc. - much better than your typical continental breakfast. Plus there were cookies and coffee in the lobby as the previous reviewer mentioned.

If you are planning on using the room mainly for sleeping, you can't go wrong staying here. We got a terrific rate, and the location is quiet and peaceful, the hotel is clean, and the staff is friendly and helpful. We plan to stay here again in the future.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — hotel could use some renovations
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2008

My husband and I, plus another couple stayed at the Country Inn and Suites for 12 days starting on the 2nd of November this year. We made our reservations back in the spring, and were looking forward to the trip. I periodically checked trip advisor to see what reviews were coming in about it. After reading so many negative reviews we started getting nervous about staying here, but decided to go ahead and make the trip anyway, hoping for the best. We were able to leave three days early, and Shane at the front desk was very helpful in extending our stay in the same room so that we wouldn't have to move on Wednesday.

I can say without hesitation, that we are so glad that we did. We kept reading about the location being out of the way, yes, it is a little off the main drag, but that is a good thing, it is quiet, and our room overlooked the little creek running in the back which provided a nice view, we even saw a Blue Heron one morning. And it is within walking distance to the main strip, and to Mel's diner, which you have to try - it is amazing!!!

The room was very clean, and there were NO bugs in the room at any time during our stay!!! Granted the furniture was showing a little wear, but that can only be expected in a hotel, I ,know I work for a Bed and Breakfast. The bed was very comfortable and clean. We had a Celebration Suite on the 7th floor, and at no time did we ever have a problem with the elevator. Our suite had a good sized refrigerator, and microwave, plus a jazuzzi tub which was very nice.

The extended continental breakfast was good, you got Biscuits and Gravy, Waffles, Hard boiled Eggs, your choice of cereals, donuts, Bread or bagels for toasting, instant oatmeal or grits, and fruit cups and bananas, and choice of beverages. Linda was very nice, and helpful, and always had a smile on her face. It was a very nice continenatl breakfast and you got plenty to eat.

The pool is located off the lobby, and yes, you do get the slight clorine smell when you are in the lobby, but it was not over powering and not worth mentioning about the odor!!! We never got the chance to use the pool, or the hot tub, but did walk into the pool area , and it to was very clean and organized. Each day in the lobby, they have coffee and a huge plate of cookies that you can help yourself to, and on the counter are bowls of mints. They also have extensive coupons to take advantage of in the lobby, which can be helpful when you are looking for show information, or things to do in the area

The staff was wonderful, and very helpful. We asked them several questions during our stay about the area and they were very informative. We never came across anyone who wasn't willing to help you with what ever you needed. And they always had a smile on their face.

So I guess what I am trying to say, is don't let all the negative reviews make you nervous or change your minds about staying here. It is not a brand new hotel but you will be pleasantly surprised with what you do get. Keep an open mind and enjoy your stay.
Very happy guests!!!!!!

• Liked — Wonderful staff, good location, nice breakfast, clean rooms, helpful housekeeping staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2008

This was my 2nd stay at this hotel (room 612). The beds aren't exactly comfortable and the blankets need replacing. The alarm clock didn't seem to work. The worst was the roaches scurrying around in the bathroom when you turn on the light. The staff is very friendly however and will go out of their way to make you feel at home. I do feel that the breakfast leaves a lot to be desired and I ended up going out to a restaurant for that meal.

• Liked — it's location
  • Disliked — roaches in the bathroom
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2008

Nice stay this time, fall decorations in town are really nice by about mid September, we always try to time the trip before the madness in October.

Hotel was neat, clean and above all friendly, minor problems were handled asap.

Thanks, see you at Christmas!

• Liked — Clean located in town
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Durham NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2008

We have stayed at this hotel before.We stayed in a regular room two years ago.It was clean.No complaints.This year we booked a suite that had a upstairs.The room was very dated.The upstairs bedroom did not have a window.Very dark.The air stopped working during the night.No way to make it come back on.I had to come down a flight of spiral stairs to go to the bathroom during the night not easy.The pull out sofa had springs poking out.My step son was very sore in the morning.The guy that was working desk at night question my children as to why they were asking for change.They wanted it for the drink machine.He thought they were going to the game rm.They told him they did not know there was a game rm.He got on the elevator and followed them to see where they were going.They said it made them feal creepy.Anyway we decided to cancel our resv for 4 nights.We stayed just one.We let them know our problems.We checked out early.They told us they would credit our card that night.Credit did not come through.They said their machines went down.Anyway it took 5 day's to get money back.My problem here was the manager Mary.I called to get a time frame on when we would get money back.Instead of reassuring me or telling me she could call me as soon as she found out she got snippy and rude on the phone with me.We were not talking about $100.00 it was $400.00.This is a very large amt of money for us.My husband is a truck driver.We had to ofcourse get new lodging so I had almost a thousand dollars tied up in lodging.Where half was not legit.So I had a stressful time on vacation worrying about the money.We are on a tight budget and every penny counts.When tou have someones money tied up the least you can do is reassure them.She said you will get it when our machines are back up.Her tone and attitude were horrible.Anyway my first experience in this hotel was okay.Second wish it had never happened.Will never go back.

• Liked — Jackie girl at the front desk
  • Disliked — Mary the manager
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Country Inn & Suites in Pigeon Forge Tn. in January 08. I was very pleased with the Hotel and its staff. The breakfast was exceptional and filling. The indoor poll was nice and warm since the temps outside were in the 30's. The manager Mary was extremely friendly and helpful. She gave us great directions and info. on places to eat. Their night shift was young but entertaining. They were very helpful with extra towels and such. I will return to this hotel in the furure.

• Liked — Location...Bar Nun...Its just off the strip
  • Disliked — Fitness room
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Country Cascades? Share your experiences!