“Great Class” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 84 Activities in Pigeon Forge
More attraction details
Owner description: "Taking Better Photos" teaches beginner and advanced photography classes at the major resorts. We also provide driving and walking tours so our students and their families can practice what they learn and enjoy the beauty of the Great Smoky Mountains. Finally, you can sign up for our free monthly newsletter or give us a call to help you with your Wedding or Vacation planning. Read more about us on Facebook
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Mayfield, Kentucky, United States
“Great Class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I was able to attend Jim's "traveling" class in Paducah, Ky on November 1, 2011. He cleared up some misunderstanding I had about how to use my camera that others had not been able to do. It was very useful and I am glad we had the opportunity to purchase some DVDs. Some day I hope to be able to take one of his classes in Pigeon Forge.

Guntersville, Alabama, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Taking Better Photos Tours with Jim Eastin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Thank you so much for this class and outing. I enjoyed it so much, and the Oldies Show was a blessing. Wonderful folks. Bill Sullivan, part of Jim's crew, was everything to everyone and a very special person. Again, thanks, it was the best part of my vacation.

Daytona Beach, Florida
10 attraction reviews
“Enjoyed the class!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

If you have the opportunity to attend this class or take a tour you won't be disapointed. My wife and I went to the basic photography class and started taking better pictures right away.

Knoxville, Tennessee
“AWESOME!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This class was extremely helpful to me! I learned so many things about my point-and-shoot camera that will help me take better pictures. The instructor explained things in very simple terms and was great at helping clarify what we learned on the hands-on tour. Definitely worth the cost!!!

Visited October 2012
Kingsport, Tennessee
7 attraction reviews
“Wonderful, fun, informative and educational”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

My husband and our two teenagers recently took a photo tour with Jim Eastin and Taking Better Photos. As we all know, there are not many activities that keep teenagers engaged but this sure did!!!! Our entire family completely enjoyed our day! My motto is that I am happy with any class or workshop if I can walk away with learning just one new thing. This class far exceeded that expectation! Within the first 4 minutes of the class, I had already learned more about my camera than I had known the entire time I had owned it. Jim takes a hands-on approach to instruction with really fun and innovative ways to make his concepts easy to retain and use! The class was exactly the right length...long enough so that you got a good grasp of knowledge, but not so long as to overwhelm. We had a yummy lunch and then caravaned through the beautiful Smoky Mountains into areas that we, as Tri-Cities natives had never even known was there. All through this drive, we listened to the provided CD with a step by step narrative of everything we were seeing along the way! It was just as if we had our own tour guide in the car. At each location, Jim was on hand to give tips and answer questions, but he did not "take over", rather letting us experiment on our own and seeking his advice when needed. He was right there encouraging us to take chances with "shooting the light" and getting our desired effect. "Water flowing toward you is exhilirating, water flowing away is calming." He was especially encouraging with our children, which was definitely appreciated.. By the time it was over, our entire group of about 15 had become friends. I would highly recommend this excursion to experienced or "wanna-be" photographers. It is a wonderful family memory that we will treasure. We recently attended a band competition and used Jim's tips to get "action" shots and could not believe the wonderful photos we took! Drumsticks in mid cymbal-crash! One last note....don't worry about what camera you have.....he can give you tips on inexpensive point and shoot types or very high-end equipment!

Visited October 2012