“Excellent Food and Atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 144 Restaurants in Pigeon Forge
Cuisines: American, Bakery, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Serving the highest quality steaks, fresh seafood, gourmet salads and more, The Old Mill Pottery House Cafe and Grille is the perfect place for a romantic dinner for two under the stars or lunch with friends in the contemporary dining room. Located in the former home of potter Doug Ferguson, the relaxed atmosphere is a peaceful change from the hectic pace of Pigeon Forge.Begin your meal with piping-hot bread made from grains stone ground at our historic Old Mill and served on platters handcrafted by skilled artisans next door at our Pigeon River Pottery. Handmade cakes, pies, cheesecake and pastries provide a perfect ending to an unforgettable dining experience.
Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina
“Excellent Food and Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We sat outside on a cool day but they had heaters sitting out. The food was very good and the atmosphere was great as well. There is a little stream that runs through. Nice view and sound while you are enjoying your meal. The food comes on the pottery dishes from the pottery store next door. I love this restaurant. Try it, you'll love it.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Bartlett, Tennessee
“Best dinner in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Although not the best meal we had ever eaten it was certainly the best dinner we had in pigeon forge. We had the burger, pottery melt, pork chops and grilled spicy catfish. Burger and pottery burger melt were good but a bit dry but we did order it well done. The pork chops got rave reviews as did the catfish.. Bread was great. Service slow but we decided to go on a rainy Friday night around 630 and had to wait almost 45 mins. So going early on weekends would be a good idea.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bedford VA
“A Must When Visiting Pigeon Forge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

We love this place. The food is amazing and so much variety. I like the food here better than at the Old Mill Restaurant itself. Pretty atmosphere, very clean, nice bathrooms. We come here every time we visit Pigeon Forge. It is a MUST!!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
bristol va
“Must try”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

When in Pigeon Forge don't miss this place. Most had the lunch combo and really enjoyed
the meal. The half sandwich, bowl of soap and homemade chips were great and very
filling. I tried the fried green tomato sandwich and it was really good.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Jackson Center, Ohio
“Not as good .... What's happened ?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I have been to The Old Mill at least 5 or 6 or more times, practically every time we visit Gatlinburg. In the past the food has always tasted wonderful and there was plenty of it. (I mean real "home cooking" type food)This was not the case when we were there last Thursday night. First off we arrived at around 5 pm and we had to wait 1.5 hrs while they seated a party of 56. I understand that had to have backed them up but surely they were given advance notice of this party's arrival. I swear no lines moved their for that entire 1.5 hrs. I shopped and read an entire magazine while standing elbow to elbow with many other folks. I guess we should have gone elsewhere but thought it would be worth it to wait ... Little did I know! Once we were seated things seemed to go quickly. I ordered the fried chicken as always. Before you would receive 2 or 3 very large chicken breasts. I guess the chickens must be much smaller now. I received 3 very small pieces of chicken that did not even cover half of my dinner plate . This chicken was dripping with grease and the breading was soggy and tasteless. This has never been the case in the past. We received a small bowl of mashed potatoes and their wasn't even enough in the bowl so that all 3 of use could receive a large tablespoon helping. For your $18 dinner, dessert is also included. We had really had enough. I asked for a box for my greasy chicken and we also took dessert to go. Buy the way... The waitress never asked if everything was good or ok or anything...even though I barely touched my food. I was not surprise about 9 pm when we opened our dessert boxes to find a very tiny piece of cake in the container. They should have saved the other 2 dessert containers and put all 3 of our pieces in one box. There would have been plenty of room! Next time I think I will skip The Old Mill and head somewhere else.