“Best Food Around” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 124 Restaurants in Pigeon Forge
Cuisines: American, Sandwiches, Barbecue, Delicatessen, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Serving the highest quality steaks, fresh seafood, gourmet salads and more, The Old Mill Pottery House Cafe and Grille is the perfect place for a romantic dinner for two under the stars or lunch with friends in the contemporary dining room. Located in the former home of potter Doug Ferguson, the relaxed atmosphere is a peaceful change from the hectic pace of Pigeon Forge.Begin your meal with piping-hot bread made from grains stone ground at our historic Old Mill and served on platters handcrafted by skilled artisans next door at our Pigeon River Pottery. Handmade cakes, pies, cheesecake and pastries provide a perfect ending to an unforgettable dining experience.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Food Around”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in for lunch based on the reviews and were not disappointed. He ate every drop of his French onion soup then polished off some very tasty catfish. I had quiche and potato soup and both were very good. I enjoyed the raisin bread so much I bought a loaf to go, then picked up another loaf a few days later. We went to dinner across the street on the last evening of our trip at the Mill and I'm kicking myself for missing an opportunity to return to the Pottery House!

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Anchorage, Alaska
“"Shrimp and Grits!-- Oh MY!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was an incredible dish and I'm SO glad I ordered it! The staff here really helped accommodate our large group. Everyone enjoyed their food and there was quite a large selection of choices!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Excellent good, friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

We visited this little gem during a weeklong trip to Pigeon Forge. Chose to go for lunch and waited about 15 minutes to be seated at 12:30 on a Sunday. Gave us just enough time to get really hungry watching all of the food go by, and looking at the freshly baked breads and desserts in the bakery area.

Split the baked potato soup which we both agreed was some of the best we'd ever had. I got the grilled chicken club with fries and he got the chicken salad and wedge platter (under the salad section). Large portions and we both brought some home. The chicken salad has a good bit of red pepper and raw onion, so be careful if that's not your thing. Wedge had a great raspberry vinaigrette with craisins, blue cheese, apple, and some spices on a small half head of iceberg. My grilled chicken was well-seasoned and perfectly moist. Came with steak fries that also had some seasoning on them. I asked for some of the "Come Back" sauce to dip them in and to put on the chicken and it was awesome as well.

Tip: ask for a bread basket. We saw them on several other tables and although our food didn't come with one, my husband wanted to get some extra bread to put his chicken salad on. They didn't charge us for it, and it was a delicious mini loaf of what I think was sourdough, so hot that when you broke into the loaf steam came out. Well worth asking for!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
North Carolina
“No Wait, Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Went on a Sunday evening when the wait at the Old Mill across the street was out the door and down the ramps. We walked right in and were seated. Free parking was available right outside. The service was outstanding. My wife ordered an open face roast beef sandwich and proclaimed it the best she had ever had. My meal was equally as good. Also included was a serving of their homemade bread which is incredible. This part of the Old Mill operation is even better than the original Old Mill restaurant across the street. You won't be disappointed.

Visited June 2013
Duluth, Georgia
“Come Backer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Have eaten at the Pottery House Cafe on our trips to Pigeon Forge. I actually knew Doug Ferguson and his family when he ran the pottery shop. I will come back and eat again. Loved it.

• Visited May 2013