“My boys loved it!” 4 of 5 stars

Crown Point, Indiana
10 attraction reviews
“My boys loved it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

My eight and twelve year old shared a $15 bucket. I wish I would have bought the larger bucket---they loved sifting through the sand and finding cool rocks and gems. One of my boys even found an arrowhead. The ladies inside review what you have found---they were excellent!

We had a coupon for a free bag of gems---and they said they were out of them That was a bit disappointing. Seems like false advertising since there are plenty of gems and rocks for them to stick in bags!

This is definitely worth visiting. It's priced decently and was very fun!

Connersville, Indiana, United States
4 attraction reviews
“Enjoyed more than I thought”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Took my two kids (11 and 14) along with my parents (81) and they all enjoyed going through the buckets. After you mine the gems, you go inside and they told you what you found. It was interesting but our assayer was not very engaging. She seemed to just want to get us out of there. Overall was good.

South Florida
25 attraction reviews
“A lot of fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

This is a great gem mining place. The people were very friendly and helpful and very reasonable prices. We enjoyed the mining and learning what gems we found. Will definitely revisit next time in Pigeon Forge.

Detroit, Michigan, United States
4 attraction reviews
“Fun indoor activity for a rainy day.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stopped for an indoor activity on a cold, rainy day and we had a great time. Kids really liked "panning" for gems themselves. And we got a surprising number of gems, some very large. Well worth the money and time. Really liked that they sat down with us after and identified all the gems that we got. Only suggestion would be to show what we're looking for before we start.

Norfolk
6 attraction reviews
“Great time for the kids!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

My 20 yo daughter and 8 yo niece both thought it was great. They purchased the $15.00 buckets and had plenty of pretty gems when they were finished.