“Enjoyed our stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 94 hotels in Pigeon Forge
Kingstree, South Carolina
“Enjoyed our stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My husband and I stayed July 6th, for only one night and everything was very good. The receptionist was very nice, we hadn't made any reservations online we just stopped in hoping they would have a room. She offered us a king size bed with Jacuzzi, and the rate was very affordable that Sunday night. We didn't get to explore much of the hotel, but we did see they had a small arcade. We enjoyed our stay!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

444 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Bradley Beach, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This was a beautiful place to stay. Rooms exceptional and pool areas clean and tidy. Room choices include accessible,full kitchen with dishwasher,fireplace, in room jacuzzi, king or queen beds. All areas were well kept. Management and service workers alike will go out of their way to make your stay a very pleasant one. The idea of condo lodging is unique in making you feel as if you are in a home. I highly recommend staying here. With a game room, 2 outdoor pools and an indoor pool with slide and an area for younger children it is family friendly. We also found it to be a restful quiet place for a couple as well. We will always make this our go to place in Pigeon Forge.

Room Tip: For families the kitchen would be great For couples the fireplace or jacuzzi
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

When I made the reservation I was told I would have queen beds on 5th floor on either parking lot side, where I could see what was going on. What I got was third floor on very end all I can see is a bushy tree not good for a soldier. We want to see that is coming at us, visabity is important. I paid 99.00 for a room that is not what I was told it would be, supposedly sold out even though can see a lot of windows curtains open with no lights on, I am stuck in this room that is basically nasty carpet needs cleaned baby's feet are black after walking on it for less than 5 minutes and if this is a pillowtop matteress I'd hate to see one that is not. And for some unknown reason my queen size bed at home is a lot bigger. The musty smell is awful, so much for allergies. Rude girl at desk, u can tell she really just doesn't like her job. The sad thing is we have stayed here a couple of years ago and bragged about it but you can bet the price I paid for this room it will never happen again. This sucks to face after working all day and a 4 hour drive to get here. This sucks bad, sets tone for rest of weekend. If it was almost midnight and so far to drive back to Alabama I'd go home.

• Stayed July 2014
SmokiesLodge, Public Relations Manager at Spirit of the Smokies Condo Lodge, responded to this review, 1 week ago
#1. We always take room requests, but we never guarantee them. You NEVER once requested parking lot view or top floor. The only request you made was to ensure that you would not be near a certain member of your family reunion. Our clerk granted that request by putting you all the way in the back on the top, informed you of that, and put notes in your reservation that you requested to be away from the certain individual. That room became a stayover, and our other clerk checked with the initial clerk if it was okay to move your room to third. The original clerk said that was fine, as long as you were not on the same floor with the person you requested to not be near. We made sure to honor your request 100%.

#2. Your rate was $87.95 with us. The rack rate on Friday was $149.95, so your family reunion group got a great discount, and we still honored the discount on your room, though you only called a few days before to reserve, after your group's block had been released.

#3. Our pillowtop queen mattresses are the standard Queen size. Though mattresses are subjective, I can tell you I have the same pillowtop mattress at my home (I LOVE it!), and there are other guests who ask for the manufacturer as well to obtain the mattress for their homes, but I understand the subjectivity of mattress quality. However, the size is an exact Queen size.

#4. We constantly, regularly shampoo rooms and hallways. Every day, we block off rooms in the morning to shampoo. We would have gladly shampooed your room immediately upon request if you were not satisfied.

#5. We apologize if you felt that you were encountered with rudeness from our clerk. She is one of the friendliest and hardest working clerks we have ever had. We have never once had a single complaint on her for rudeness until now, and we can assure that she has affirmed how much she appreciates working here.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My family and I enjoyed our 3 night stay here. Our room was very spacious and clean, and you couldn't beat the price for a king size bed and a jacuzzi. The new indoor pool complex and arcade are both great additions. My daughter was thrilled with the waterside. I also found the extra towels that were always available at the front desk was very convenient, however the outdoor pools were disappointing. Especially the hot tub which was very nasty and had a rank odor about it. This area is in desperate need of a makeover. The grounds could also use some landscaping. This hotel could also use a continental breakfast. They have a restaurant out front and they give you discount vouchers, but the restaurant is nasty and the food isn't very good. Overall, this hotel is a great value compared to other places in town. The amenities are a very nice plus to the great prices they offer.

• Stayed July 2014
SmokiesLodge, Owner at Spirit of the Smokies Condo Lodge, responded to this review, 1 week ago
We're so glad you enjoyed our new indoor pool complex and your Jacuzzi suite. I'm sorry that you found the outdoor pools to be disappointing. Now that we have gotten our new pools open, we are focusing our attention on the outdoor pools. I must point out that these pools are cleaned daily, however they do have some cosmetic issues that need to be and are being addressed. As far as the restaurant is concerned, I'm sorry that you feel that way. I eat there weekly and enjoy it a great deal so I'm not sure what your issues were. Once again, thanks for taking the time to let us know how we're doing. We are a family-owned business and we strive to provide all of our guests with a great vacation experience.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We have stayed here many times, wasn't satisfied last time because the outdoor pool and hot tub was nasty. We stayed this time because they had built new pool area that looked really nice online. We were really disappointed when we seen that the hot tub wasn't replaced.It was still nasty and need of replacement as did other guest comment on.The new pool was okay. The room was not as nice as the previous ones we have had.The room wasn't very clean and we had to get more pillows because ours was really flat. As we were getting ready to leave a hour and half before checkout time room service comes in my room while I am still in room getting my stuff together. We are coming back to Pigeon Forge for another trip soon but it we want be staying here.

Suffolk, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have stayed here twice! In April I rode down on my motorcycle to do the Tail of the Dragon, and the other great motorcycle roads in the area. My first stay I didn't make reservations, I just showed up. It was midweek, and a great price. A little more than some of the other hotels in the area, but since I was expecting to pay way more I felt it was a good price to check it out. The first thing that impressed me was the indoor pool with a slide. My first thought was, "my son would love this!" They were very accommodating, and even said I could even leave my bike up by the front door (I had camping gear on it) and they would watch it if I wanted. I appreciated the offer, but parked it in the lot. My room, looked brand new: King size bed, Jacuzzi, balcony, Sofa with a pull out bed (twin) and plenty of room. The location seemed to be in a good localized place, and the staff told me some good suggestions when I asked about a pub in the area. I was so impressed with them that I planned my summer vacation here as well.

My mom booked the reservations, It was more expensive, but the season is in full swing by now too (july). The room we got was at the end, with 2 queen beds. Honestly I was a little disappointed. Compared to my first stay the carpet was dirty looking, and the chair looked a little worn, and the toilet rocked a little (but functional). But holding true, it was roomy, comfy beds, and was very suitable for our party of 3. I peeked in a room just around the corner from my room that they were cleaning (I didn't go in, but I just looked from the door) It was the fireplace that caught my eye and the dinette, and it looked nicely renovated like my first room. My only thought is that they are slowly renovating the rooms, and they just haven't gotten there yet.

My son loved the water slide (I did too!) and the indoor pool. they also have 2 outdoor pools and a hot tub. The hot tub was the only disappointment. It needed to be cleaned or the water changed or something, but all the pools were of good standing and we swam in them all (they are open til 1 am).

It is very localized, which made it easy to get to where we needed to go. Places we visited were: Titanic Museum, Wonderworks, The Island, Dollywood, Sawyer's Farmhouse Breakfast, and the Alpine Coaster. They also give you coupons to the buffet place on the corner for breakfast and dinner, as well as a coupon for the Biblical Times Dinner Theater which is next door too.

My first visit i would rate as excellent, and my second as average. But it was a consensus with the family that we would stay there again on our next return to Pigeon Forge. I very nice stay, reasonable price and a great local.

Room Tip: My best luck was getting a room on the fly, just showing up and getting what I needed. I hear calli...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to your next visit with us.
Rates- It always helps to book well in advance to get a low rate. IF they are running a walk-in special for your room type, they can match that rate (be sure to ask!).
Pools- We check and clean our outdoor pools twice daily, vacuum daily, and all other tasks associate with pool maintenance.
Rooms- Yes, we have single queen rooms with fireplaces, kitchenettes, sofa, and dining area, and many many times, these are the least expensive room. Be sure to ask the rate on this one as well!
Tn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The room was very clean. We stayed in a queen room with a jacuzzi. The jacuzzi was clean as well and appeared to be new. They have a very nice and clean indoor pool. However the 2 outdoor pools were neglected and needed more chlorine. Overall we will stay again!

Stayed July 2014
SmokiesLodge, Public Relations Manager at Spirit of the Smokies Condo Lodge, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
We appreciate your comments, and are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We look forward to your return visit!

Been to Spirit of the Smokies Condo Lodge? Share your experiences!