Bashful Bear~MtnV 6/8 Elevator/Theater/GmRm/Wifi

Saved Save
You added Bashful Bear~MtnV 6/8 Elevator/Theater/GmRm/Wifi to your Saves list.
Deckwith Gas Grill

Reviews from our community

Reviews from our community

JustJen32...
Indiana
“The Bashful Bear is exactly as advertised!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 for a stay in January 2013
person found this review helpful

Stayed at the Bashful Bear from Jan 2-7th. And I don't overly much want to review the cabin itself, because it looks exactly like the photos of it, and it is in spectacular shape. I can tell you that the Bear is EXACTLY what is advertised on their website. I DO want to review Patti, Earl, and Jana (their lead housekeeper.) Our group was varied from 11-13. 8 'kids' (age 16-21) and 3-5 adults. The 'kids' LOVED the upstairs game room, and the media room in the basement (they even played their Xbox on it!)

Prior to booking, I looked at probably every cabin large enough in all the Smokies. We had actually booked another one, but I absolutely HATED dealing with the rental agents for them. They couldn't answer questions, were brusque, short, and unhelpful. When the other rental agency called to cancel our booking (due to the property selling) we wound up dealing with Patti, and then Earl. I cannot, CANNOT possibly extol the virtues of these two. They patiently answered my million questions, were incredibly helpful, friendly, and polite. I would do business with them again in a heartbeat.

My husband is a home dialysis patient, and travel always has a few extra layers of complications because we have to have supplies delivered to our destination. (Think 20 large boxes for a five day stay, no joke.) When I asked Patti about it, she said they could be sent to Jana's. I contacted Jana, who promptly responded that it was no trouble at all. They delivered our supplies to her several days before our expected arrival, and Jana contacted me to let me know they had arrived. She and her husband also delivered them all the way to the cabin. For me, traveling with a total of 8 adult kids and a husband on dialysis, that was a major, MAJOR relief.

We were not sure how to properly use the theater system, called Earl at 8pm, and had friendly, helpful answers in no time flat.

If customer service is important to you, I cannot recommend Skyview enough. :) It was easy as pie, they sent a digital welcome package a bit before our stay with ALL kinds of useful information, floor plans, etc. They truly made the process easy for me, which ALWAYS means a better vacation for us!

4 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 4 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: Dealing with Skyview (Patti, Earl, and Jana)
Liked least: Nothing at all, really.
Traveling group: Large Group
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
LARRY WILDER
NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012 for a stay in June 2012
5 of 5 stars Value 4 of 5 stars Rooms
5 of 5 stars Location 5 of 5 stars Cleanliness
5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk 5 of 5 stars Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
Luxury-minded travelers
Wamboldt
NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2010 for a stay in June 2010
3 of 5 stars Value 4 of 5 stars Rooms
5 of 5 stars Location 5 of 5 stars Cleanliness
5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk 5 of 5 stars Service
Traveling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 45-54
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Check in
Check out
Guests
from
$537
/ Night
Additional fees may be applied by owner
Owner
Earl M.
+1 813-737-0707
Speaks English
Listed since : Apr 2010
Response Rate: 100 %
Response Time: Within a few hours
Calendar Updated: 4 days ago
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing