“Rating should be LESS that one star” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #45 of 84 Activities in Pigeon Forge
Type: Horseback Riding Stables, Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: Horseback Riding, Petting Zoo, Fishing Pond, Gem Mining, ATV Rides, onsite Chow-Boys Cafe & General Store Free picnic area Heritage museum. peace/guitet swings around the duck pond playing area kids ,Horse shoes pit.or just rocking on the General store porch.And surrounded by little cove creek to wade in.
5 attraction reviews
“Rating should be LESS that one star”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

SAVE your money and go somewhere else. I went with my wife and son after the website said no reservation needed, no wait. The man at the register was awful, group of 4 ahead of us he made one of the weight in on a scale, I think everyone felt terrible for her. then he tried to push ATV.s on them after he told them they weighted to much, then he told me after making us wait 20 minutes that he did not have a horse for me either... I am 5"10 190... I had to get on the scale and he said, sorry man I still do not have a horse big enough for you, I say what about Hoss from the Ponderosa? Didn't even get a crack from the guy. I said no worries man.. I will go down the road with my money.. and we did. Trust me.. take your money elsewhere. Don't waste your time.

Clemmons, North Carolina
5 attraction reviews
“Reservations not accepted, but should be.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

My daughter was so excited about going to ride horses. After researching and reading all the reviews, we settled on this location. I called ahead several times to make reservations, but recording stated no one was available, and no need for reservations. I tried to call several times on August 04, 2014 to check and see if they were busy, and how long the wait would be. Once again, no answer. This should have been a sign.

We drive out, approx 5-10 from the main part of town. The parking lot was pretty full, and several buildings with no signs on where to sign up for the horses. I finally had to ask some of the customers where we needed to go. Once we got to the General Store, there was an extemely long line. Once in line I see a lot of people with a waiver you must complete. I asked where do I get one. You had to wait in line to get a paper, then go to the back of the line to complete it. Only ONE person was at the register getting everyone signed up. We waited in the same hot, cramped line for almost 20 minutes without moving. At this rate it would have taken us almost 3 hours to get on a horse. With a 7yr old, this was not happening. So we left. I understand being overwhelmed with visitors or not expecting a large crowd. But come on, this is summer, peak travel season, hire some more help.

Visited August 2014
“terrible customer service and RUDE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

First I called to make resercations but the happy coice mal said none were needed. It also said 7 days a week 9-5,.. again not true! We went on Sunday and a man sad they were closed and to come back tomorrow at 9:00 am and we will be ready for you and the family. We get there the next morning and are told by a very rude man that they do nothave any horses available and thatnoone can rideocer 200 pounds.... NOT what the fuy said yesterday.... they tried to push ATV's on us andmy son is 9... they are awful! Go somewhere else.

“False Advertising”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Well where do I begin. We saw the advertisement about ok for horseback riding for large people. We even called ahead of time to confirm. My daughter and I were going to go horse riding while the boys fish. Well I was excited and then heart broken when I got here... if over 200LBS YOU CAN NOT RIDE!!! are you serious then why advertise in the book. I am so disappointed. I would not recommend taking any one there even if close to 200lbs. Especially if it's the woman who is sensitive to their weight and can not handle someone telling them they are too heavy to ride!

Saint Simons Island, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
“Great Time was had by All!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

We are on a family vacation with family ranging in age from 3-84. It is sometimes hard to find places that will accommodate everyone, but this place fit the bill. We did our homework, read the reviews and used our common sense, therefore we didn't have any issues some of the other reviewers had.
6 of our group went horse back riding and they ranged in age from 7-50ish. They had a small film to preview before riding so that everyone understood the rules. We have ridden in the past so we knew how to dress and what shoes would be appropriate. The guys who worked with the horses were patient, kind and understanding. Safety was definitely their top priority. Everyone had fun and enjoyed the fact that all the horses were named after states.
4 of the group decided to ATV. They were precise in fitting helmets, safety regulations and overall control of the vehicle. By the amount of dust and dirt they came back with, they definitely had a great time.
That left 4 of us ... grandparents and the youngest grandchild. There was a stocked fishing pond that was catch and release if you wanted to partake. They had a petting zoo and we had fun with the emu's and the llama. There was a nice little playground and the owners had lots of small ride toys and bikes with training wheels if the younger crowd wanted to use them.
Grandpa and I enjoyed just sitting on the front porch.
The only downfall to the day was that they advertised a small refreshment area, but that was closed. It looked like it hadn't been open for awhile. So we just headed into town and had lunch and went back to the ranch to meet up with the rest of the group.