“The horses were very calm and knew the trail, making it a very nice first ride for my 7 year old daughter.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Big Rock Dude Ranch at Ponderosa

Improve this listing
Ranked #45 of 84 Activities in Pigeon Forge
Type: Horseback Riding Stables, Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: Horseback Riding, Petting Zoo, Fishing Pond, Gem Mining, ATV Rides, onsite Chow-Boys Cafe & General Store Free picnic area Heritage museum. peace/guitet swings around the duck pond playing area kids ,Horse shoes pit.or just rocking on the General store porch.And surrounded by little cove creek to wade in.
Shawnee, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Our trail guide was a good ole boy who had a great sense of humor. My youngest had never ridden before, and he made her feel very comfortable. The petting zoo was small but the kids really liked it. We had a yummy slice of pizza from their diner afterwards.

Visited March 2013

“I've never seen anyone so rudely treated at this establishment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

On top of waiting over two hours (after they said no more than an hour) I saw a customer confronted by the cashier. The cashier DEMANDED an apology from this woman. A paying customer who was in line in front of me. The woman told her she was swearing at her in line and accused the woman of saying things that she certainly did not (she did not say anything from what I heard at my place right behind the group) . I was in such awe that this cashier came out and followed this customer to the stables to treat her so rudely. I wish I had seen this before my family bought these over priced tickets. The place did not explain all they had to offer and gave us the basic horse ride for the price of a ride and all the food, horse food, and water. Overall the worst experience I've seen with customer service. GO TO A BETTER PLACE IN PIGEON FORGE THAN THIS!

Visited April 2013
rebeccaogle43, Manager at Big Rock Dude Ranch at Ponderosa, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
You must have been part of this group we had over 330 people on site this day and everyone said this guest needed to have been asked to leave the ranch. She had absolutely made the biggest and loudest insults to our staff,and made the guests very upset ,.We ride family everyday that love our ranch,and it hurts ther feeling to see one guest and there group be so mean to our staff that works so hard.Our staff are not here to be yelled at and belittled because someones having a bad day.We thank our guest and without them we have no work,We are sorry that happened because it made the staff and our guest very upset,
Alabama
8 attraction reviews
“I rode a horse up a mountain!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

It had been several years since I had rode a horse, so when my friends suggested that we ride up the mountain on horseback I was a little sceptical but so glad I agreed. Love the ranch and the people and this was one of my favorite parts of our vacation.

Palm City, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Gittity Up Horsey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Very happy with our excursion with Big Rock Dude Ranch. Nice staff, horses, and trail ride up a scenic mountain path. Had fun feeding the animals at the ranch and eating ice cream afterwards. Couldn't have asked for a better time (snowed,too!) Thanks!

Visited March 2013
“Perfect for a family with small kids....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

First, let me say that I've read some reviews that the lady at the check in desk is rude. I don't know if its the same lady or not, but the lady who helped us was very nice. I found her to be very friendly and nice to the kids. She did try to move everyone through quickly and efficiently, but there were a lot of people there and she did her best to maximize everyone's time. Yes, they did ask how much my husband weighed, but isn't that important when selecting a horse for him?
We chose this ranch because we have small children, ages 3 and 5. My son, 5, was able to ride on a smaller paint horse (beautiful) that was tethered to the guide. He felt so proud and grown up to ride by himself! My daughter, 3, was able to ride with me, sitting right in front of me on the saddle. The horses are very gentle, great for family's with little ones. They are obviously used to the trail and visitors. Our guide, Denver, couldn't have been any nicer. He was so great with our kids, and talked with the riders throughout the trail. The ride lasted about an hour, which was perfect for my kids.
We also fed the animals and mined for gems, both of which my kids enjoyed. We would definitely recommend this ranch to friends!