“Scenic Tour” 4 of 5 stars

Belvidere, Illinois
6 attraction reviews
“Scenic Tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We went on the Smoky Mountain tour on a Wednesday. The tour company location is in the back of a strip mall, but not difficult to find. The driver was pleasant & informative. We enjoyed many sights firsat going through downtown Gatlinburg. Then went through chimney tops before stopping at the Roosevelt dedication area. We were not able to stop to get a good view of chimney tops because of too many cars in the pull off area. We had time to view Clingman's dome, but not enough time to climb to the observation tower. Enjoyed the views & brought a picnic lunch. Beware there were some sugar ants on the bus that invaded some of our opened food items. After all it is summer. Would have drove myself if I did it over again, but still recommend the tour for worry free travel in a sometimes congested national park.

Visited July 2013

Bellevue, Michigan
11 attraction reviews
“Scenic ride in the Smokies!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We did the Smoky Mountain Tour on Monday, our first full day in Pigeon Forge. The tour office is located in the back corner of the red roofed old outlet mall on parkway, not to hard to find. The office was littered with crayons, a bag of cat food and other items, so I was thrown a little off guard because it seemed unprofessional and could use a bit of tlc.

We were able to use their bathroom facilities before boarding the bus and they provided us with some bottled water for the trip. The normal bus they use had some issues with the a/c so they used another bus without a pa. There were only 8 people on the trip we were the youngest at 35 and 36. The other people looked to be around 40-65. We had plenty of room on the bus to sit wherever and could hear just fine without a pa.

Our tour guide Jim was great. He also works in the park and has been a guide for many years and he is extremely knowledgeable about the history, flora and fauna of the terrain of the park. We stopped at some overlooks on our way up to the Clingmans Dome park for photos. We were not able to climb to the dome in the interest of time. (It's a half mile steep hike to the top, we did it on our own and it is still quite a hike for people who are in ok shape).

We stopped at the site where the park was dedicated where you can straddle the Tennessee and North Carolina state line and climb up to the top of the monument. The trailhead to the Appalachian Trail is there also.

We also stopped at the Sugarlands visitor center where we picked up some trip planning materials and a spent a couple minutes in the gift shop.

Jim our driver was very friendly and gave us some valuable information about the park and surrounding areas which really helped us make the most of our trip. We saw him later in the week at the park gift shop and he recognized us and talked to us again for a minute, which was really nice.

This tour is a great way to see the park with out having to drive the roads yourself, to get a grip on the layout of the park and to just enjoy the spectacular views. The price is reasonable and I felt like it was a great use of our time. It was relaxing to take in some nature. We are from Michigan, so we are used to the cooler temperatures on top of the mountain, but I would say take a sweatshirt or light jacket because it was considerably cooler once you reach the top. There are restroom stops along the way also. The tour was from 1-4 and time just flew by. thank you!

Visited June 2013
Bonne Terre, Missouri
8 attraction reviews
“Great time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We were looking for something to do on a stormy day and found this place on Yelp and thought we would check it out. We were not disappointed! Very nice, quaint little wineries and gift shops on a wine trail of 5 stops. We only did three and when you visit three you all get free wine glasses! The glasses are very nice and have the name of the winery etched on the side. If you go to all five wineries then you will receive tee shirts! The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. All three of our servers were very nice, down to earth, and enjoyable to talk to. Unfortunately I can't remember all of their names except for Jenny at the Apple Barn! I have to give a big shout out for her because she's awesome! Thanks for showing us a great time!

Visited June 2013
Minnesota City, Minnesota
24 attraction reviews
“Highlight of my trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

What a highlight! Our visit was a little early in the season to enjoy the rich green plushness of the mountains . . . but they were still beautiful.

We chose to take the Smoky Mountain Special bus tour through Rocky Top Tours. Our 3 hours tour stretched to 3 ½ (which was fine with us). Our tour guide/bus driver (Jim) was fantastic! He shared much information and many details, making the tour very interesting. The price was very reasonable.

I highly recommend this tour.

The one comment I have is that their office was a bit difficult to find . . . way toward the back of the old red-roofed outlet mall complex. I had thought I could grab a bite to eat before the tour, but there was not one dining establishment in the complex nor immediate area open for so much as a snack. I was glad I had a granola bar and almonds in my bag!

Visited April 2013
Columbus, OH
5 attraction reviews
“Bus to Bristol Nascar race was solid”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

I was in Pigeon Forge and was a first timer to the Sprint Cup race at Bristol. I made reservations three days before the event without any problems. Arrived at 7:15AM and my name was right there on the sheet. Paid my $30 and boarded a nice touring bus. Arrived at the track at 10:30AM and the directions the driver gave us about making it back to the bus in an hour proved to be spot on.

When the race was over I headed to the bus, we promptly left and made it back to Pigeon Forge in about 2 1/4 hours. I was able to relax, not worry about parking or traffic, and had a great time.

I highly recommend using them to go to a race if you are in Pigeon Forge. It was well worth the money.

Visited March 2011