“A stay that you dream of but rarely ever occurs.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 93 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
maryville
“A stay that you dream of but rarely ever occurs.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

The manager, Mr. Tallent, is so invovled with the little tasks at the hotel. He goes out of his way to make sure everything is perfect. This was our 3rd or 4th stay at this hotel, all because of our first experience back in Nov 2010. If you want a great experience that you wouldnt normally get ,then you must give this Clarion a try. They also have a wonderful breakfast buffet with a chef to cook for you.If you are visiting Pigeon Forge then you must visit this Clarion!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
TimTallent, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, March 18, 2011
From Tim Tallent, Owners and Staff of Clarion Inn - Pigeon Forge - Dollywood Area of Tennessee

I was deeply affected, as well as all of here at the Clarion about the title of this review, A stay that you dream of but rarely ever occurs, and were very humbled and excited all at the same time. We are making that much of a difference in that many people lives to include their vacations and their time with. This is one review I will not forget or let escape my mind for a very, very, very long time. Thank you, TripAdvisor and all our wonderful guests and remember book early by planning.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
Reading, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

Our stay at this hotel was great! The staff was extremely pleasant. The rooms were beautiful and clean-clean!! My son enjoyed the pool. Great location to everything, food, entertainment and the great Smokies. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting this area.
P.S. The breakfast was a plus;)

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for everything and we look forward to seeing everyone, and I mean everyone again. Thank you to TripAdvisor, our guests, our staff and everyone for everthing they do for us each and every day :-).

P.S. Remember, plan ahead and book ASAP. Tim :-)
Ft Loramie, Oh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

If going to Pigeon Forge area this is a perfect place to stay, close to alot of the attractions yet it sets back alittle bit that it is away from the noise of the traffic. Rooms are excellent, roomie and very clean and modern. Washer and dryers are also available or several different floors. Breakfast is awesome, hot and a variety of food to eat which is included with the price of the room.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for the simple, complimentary comments and words about Clarion Inn - Pigeon Forge - Dollywood Area, here in wonderful Pigeon Forge, TN, home of the Great Smoky Mountains and the Future Home of The Smoky Mountain Music Festival, a concept being brought forth by Tim Tallent, Pigeon Forge, TN, Bill Anderson, Jr., Nashville, TN and Pat Corn, Pigeon Forge, TN.

Please remember if you question our rate, take the time to take a tour of the hotel amenities, Mini-Water Park, the massage chairs, the free breakfast area and best of the nicest, cleanest, brand-newest rooms available in Pigeon Forge, TN to date. Let us prove it why we are worth more than a 20-40 dollar a day hotel/motel that is becoming so prevelant.

Thank you, from me and my staff and other owners to TripAdvisor and everyone involved. :-) Remember to smile. And much love to my friends and family as it seems to grown here at the hotel each and every day. Remember to book early and during the week for a better rate. Tim.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

This hotel was the best I have traveled in a long time. The rooms were very spacious & the staff was the friendliest I have ever seen. What a hidden gem! The manager that leads this staff makes their guest & their families feel like 5 stars!

A wonderful and simple reply from Tim and The Clarion Crew,

5 star service, staff and room............Mission Accomplished..........Need I say more to potential and future guests?

P.S. Thank you to TripAdvisor and everyone.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

No wonder they're rayed #1! This place was wonderful!! Inexpensive, comfortable, clean, yummy breakfast, awesome pool area both inside & out. Beyond impressed. Must stay! We will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed March 2011
WoW!!!!!!! Thank you so very much for describing us as............amazing!!!!!!!!

Guess again one word just has a way of saying it all and we appreciate all so very much. We are very, very humbled.

Thank you to TripAdvisor and all of our #1 and the best guests in the whole, wide world that a hotel could ever have or even ask for.

Tim Tallent and The Clarion Crew........we love serving you...today, tomorrow and every day thereafter.

Please remember to book early, early, early to help us help you and everyone can get a room that wants it. TTT
Orange Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

I did not stay at the Clarion, but after my experience with Clarion staff and management, I plan to as soon as I can get back to Pigeon Forge.

I made a reservation at the Clarion based on the stellar reviews on tripadvisor. Because one of my daughters had to cancel her trip with us, I tried to change my reservation from two rooms to one. Somehow, I fouled up the change and ended up cancelling the reservation. I immediately tried make a new reservation, but the online system said the hotel was sold out for the weekend. So, I made a reservation at another Choice hotel in Pigeon Forge.

We drove to Pigeon Forge and spent the weekend in the other Choice hotel. I won't mention its name, but the hotel's condition was bad enough that I felt ashamed to make my family stay there. Dead bugs, furniture and lampshades badly torn and stained, balcony door that did not lock, an elevator that was dirtier than a horse barn, and an overall interior appearance that suggested management's disdain for their guests.

Despite the condition of this other hotel, we had a great time in PF and Gatlinburg and the National Park.

When we returned to Florida from Pigeon Forge, I checked my voicemail. There were several messages from the Clarion, Pigeon Forge telling me that they were holding my reserved rooms. As I mentioned earlier, I inadvertently cancelled my reservation, so I had no reservation- or so I thought. I called the Clarion for an explanation. I explained to the desk attendant that I had cancelled my reservation and gave her the cancellation number. She checked it out, and I had in fact cancelled. But, she said, I had as second reservation that was not cancelled. I went back and checked my email, and lo and behold, there were two reservation confirmations and only one cancellation.
Oops. I had reserved two more rooms, and didn't cancel them. Rightly so, the Clarion billed me for the rooms. The desk attendant was unable to take any action on my behalf, and asked that I call back the following day and talk to a manager. I instead wrote a short note and faxed it to the Clarion and went to work.

When I got home from work, I had a couple more messages in my voice mail from the manager of the Clarion (whose name I don't have handy at the moment) I called him back. He was very sympathetic and considerate. He said he understood how the mistake was made and took the charges off my credit card. Then he encouraged me to bring the family back to Pigeon Forge and stay at his hotel and suggested that I call him personally to book my next reservation. He then gave my his personal cell phone number and told me to call it and he would handle any future reservation we might need.

I know. Long story. But this is, in this day and age, an extraordinary example of decency and fairness. I've never believed in "the customer is always right" philosophy. The customer is often wrong. But the business is not always right either. This is a case where the customer was wrong, but the business just did the right thing.

Since I've never been there, I cannot attest to the hotel's condition or comment on the day-to-day performance of its staff, but if honesty, integrity, and decency are important to you, then you should patronize this hotel. I plan to in June.

Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Thank you very much.

I just did what was right. We pride ourselves in placing the guest first.

No more needed to be said......see you the next time you are in or around Pigeon Forge, TN. Stop and see us when you can and next time we'll roll the red carpet out to you.

Tim and the Clarion Crew......knows how to serve you.

P.S. Please book early and thank you again to TripAdvisor and all and everyone else too.
Pikeville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

When we stayed at the Clarion of Pigeon Forge TN. It was wonderful, the rooms was very clean the staff was great. Every morning we woke to a full continental breakfast and the food was incredible. To add, I loved the IPads found in the lobby of the hotel. These allowed you to get on the web for no charge at all. These IPads were unique for all ages and they included dozens of apps. There was also 2 swimming pools that are there for your convinence. To improve the situation you had a great 100' water slide and the pools were a perfect 72 degrees Staying at the Clarion I found myself in the center of tons of Great Smoky Mountain attractons such as: The Track, Dollywood, Dollywood's Splash Country, and Mel's Diner. We will stay in the near future.
Jeff, Rita, and Aaron Justice

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Thank you very much......When we make an entire family happy, we are very happy. Makes us feel we covered all the bases.

We will soon and thank you very much.

Tim and the Outstanding in Their Field .....Clarion Crew, serving you.

P.S. Don't forget to book early.

Been to Clarion Inn? Share your experiences!