“Exceeding expectations” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 93 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Exceeding expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed at the Clarion on our recent family vacation in Pigeon Forge. There is not a single negative thing I could say about the hotel. From check-in with the super friendly staff in the clean and well-appointed lobby, to the comfortable beds and quiet rooms our stay was very nice. I've stayed a few other hotels in Pigeon Forge and it is difficult find quality rooms and good customer service. It is also an incredible value for all of the amenities that come along with your stay. We used the concierge service and in-house discounts to book and see several area attractions without a hiccup and at a very nice bargain. The outdoor waterslide and lazy river are small, but clean and warm and perfectly adequate. My children loved playing out there even in the rain.The indoor pool and hot tub were also very nice and clean. Breakfast was plentiful and quite good- particularly for being included free-of-charge. I have paid upwards of $15 for hotel buffets at some Hiltons/Wyndhams and the like for about the same variety. There were plenty of items to suit most tastes from light fruit and yogurt fare to hot omelet station and fresh waffle maker. Of course, if you had a taste for something other than the complimentary spread, there are several breakfast places nearby. The rooms were large, bathrooms clean, and beds were very comfortable. We didn't hear any noise or doors slamming coming from inside the hotel despite the hotel being fully booked. The ONLY noise we heard was a band playing and some motorcycles revving engines at the nearby Harley dealership and some type of bar right across the parking lot- that is clearly not the fault of the hotel and it didn't go on too late into the night. I am a terribly light sleeper and usually have a hard time sleeping when travelling- I'm delighted that it wasn't the case here. We took advantage of the small but well equipped fitness room ( there were treadmills, elliptical trainers, and a weight bench). We also enjoyed the complimentary massage chairs. I can't imagine you would find a much better hotel in this area. We will never stay anywhere else in Pigeon Forge if they continue to offer this level of service, comfort, and value. I wholeheartedly recommend this place!

Room Tip: Light sleepers may inquire about being put on the side of the hotel not facing the Harley dealership...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Scott_Ellis, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Congratulations!!! You are our perfect Twelve Hundredth five star review. It is obvious by our customers and yourself that we are doing most everything right on most all days. We hope that this will always be your home away from home and that each stay is better than the next. Please remember that the front desk is there to help you save money and make your stay more enjoyable. So don't forget to ask about ticket sales and discounts to most everything in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
Bowling Green, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for two nights while visiting Pigeon Forge to plan my Fiance and I's wedding; we got the sweet with a balcony that was facing the mountains, a garden tub, fireplace and it was so nice. It is right in the middle of Pigeon forge surronded by resteraunts and things to do. The hotel was quite with a breakfast buffet that was delicious. It even has a massage chair, lazy river, indoor and outdoor hot tub and pool with a slide! This was definately one of the best and cleanest hotels we have ever stayed in; it even smells like air freshner when you walk into your room. Now I can see why this is the #1 rates hotel to stay at in this town.

• Stayed August 2013
It was our pleasure in serving you and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Our housekeeping staff takes pride in making sure your room is clean and comfortable, and that the service is friendly. It has always been our mission statement to have something new and something different at the Clarion Inn by doing so it has allowed our amenities to be numerous and our customer service to be better than the rest. This allows for a better overall hotel stay in general. Our assistant general manager/group sales manager, Jon Bentley can always help in putting special wedding packages together. Thank you for your review and we are glad you chose us.
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Picked this hotel from Tripadvisor rating. I was apprehensive about it not having an outdoor pool, but we didn't miss one at all. Loved all the pool features inside and out! Room was large and beds were comfortable. Loved the separate toilet in bathroom. The view from our 6th floor balcony was great for viewing fireworks and carriage rides. My favorite extras were the massage chairs, sno cones and inexpensive, large, quick washers and dryers. Our favorite breakfast items were the biscuits and gravy, fruit cups and omelets. Customer service was a priority. Vanessa, Juan and the omelette man deserve a pat on the back. Discounts to attractions were plentiful. Location is great. Grocery store and Catholic church behind hotel. Go-karts across the street. Loved hearing the live music from the local tavern. Location is right off Wears Valley Rd which has awesome country stores not to be missed, as well as gorgeous views on your way to Cades Cove. I would recommend this hotel as it is now a standard to which I compare other hotels. If there was anything they could do better, I would suggest larger pool towels, bananas at breakfast and use of TV in lobby. Great stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Location, location, location complete with customer service here with the Clarion Inn team can make for a perfect stay. We are very centrally located near the intersections of 441 and 321(Wears Valley Road), which allows us easy access to the mountains and all the attractions here within the area. The key is getting your bearings and learning who, what, where and when, when you get here thus the reason for the free maps at the front desk and the aforementioned customer service which helps you plan your day to day activities. Put this together with all the other amenities and services we have here and you yourself have seen why we are an equitable, fair, clean. comfortable and wonderful stay. Thank you for believing in your colleague and for believing in us we hope that we never let either of you down.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I was fortunate to stay here while in town as it was recommended by a colleague of mine. I had initially booked at the Comfort Suites down the street and wound up checking out a day early because I wasn't pleased at all with the hotel room. After being recommended to stay here, I booked the same day, got a better price than the Comfort Suites I stayed and it was 100 times better! They have an incredibly clean property and a beautiful decor to match. The lobby was pristine and wonderfully designed. The rooms smelled fresh, designed nicely, and the bedding was very comfortable! The kids absolutely loved the outdoor pool and I loved the massage chairs...I certainly got my fair share of time in there.

The breakfast food was also very good, much better than what I would have expected for a free breakfast. They had a wide variety of food to choose from and it was certainly the best inclusive breakfast I've had at a hotel stay.

Next time I head to the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area I am definitely going to stay here!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and it sounds like you are a regular Choice Hotel customer. The Clarion brand is a little more upscale then most all other brands in the Choice Hotel system, however whatever the Clarion brand called for we have always gone several steps beyond that Our goal has always been to please the customer whether on vacation with the family or staying for business. We hope that you will consider Clarions and our hotel in the future. We look forward to your next stay in the Smokies.
atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My family and I decided to head up to Pigeon Forge and visit Dollywood for the weekend. Knowing that there are so many places to stay in Pigeon Forge, I went to tripadvisor. I came across the #1 rated hotel, the Clarion Inn, Pigeon Forge.

We booked a room on Clarions website for approximately $117.00 per night. We arrived on a Friday night. The amenities at the hotel were great. Lazy river, extreme water slide, indoor pool w/hot tub, outdoor hot tub, fire pit, fitness center, massage chairs, conference room, relaxing lobby, and a breakfast buffet were all included. Aside from the amenities, the staff was very helpful in explaining another positive reason for choosing the Clarion inn. They sell discounted tickets directly from their checkin counter on all attractions in the area. It saved us a few dollars per person rather than purchasing them at the park.

The room is what you'd expect from a nice hotel. Very comfortable beds, fridge, flat screen tv, love seat, cozy balcony, and a nice modern styled bathroom.

In conclusion, there are certainly cheaper places in the area to stay, but for what we paid for our Friday night swim, relaxing hot tub, comfy sleep and and a filler up breakfast, I would undoubtedly stay here again. Also, it close by a lot of restaurants and attractions. Good job Clarion Inn for your #1 rating on tripadvisor. It is definitely deserved.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the great compliments. Our free hot breakfast, numerous amenities, and all the discounts we offer to shows and attractions are all appreciated by families and couples alike. We also strive to provide you with the best southern hospitality to make your stay even more enjoyable and carefree. Our front desk staff is always happy to recommend a restaurant or shopping destination. Thank you for choosing the Clarion Inn Pigeon Forge and we look forward to your next stay.
Grimesland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Read the reviews on trip advisor before booking and found that the positive reviews were on the mark. Very reasonable on price, very nice swimming pool facilities for the kids. Don't know if they had recently renovated the rooms, but ours was very, very clean and the beds were nice and comfortable. Rooms had a little balcony, but not much of a view on the back side. Off of the main strip which is great if you don't want to hear traffic all night long. Full breakfast which was good with lots of choices. Staff was friendly, helpful, and respectful. Had never stayed at a Clarion before, but this hotel was an excellent representation of their chain. Kudos to the management and staff at this facility. Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Not sure what advice to give other than to recommend the room we had, room 200.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Scott_Ellis, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for the compliments and for making us your Choice Hotel. Since we opened the goal of our hotel is to provide the highest quality service at the best possible price. We opened April of 2010 receiving the Rookie of the Year award by Choice Hotels, then moving straight to the platinum status having received it multiple years and is where we stand today. This past year having received Hotel of Year we are driven to make sure our guests have the best in everything that they do while they are staying with us; this of course includes best pricing to shows and attractions. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next stay at the most fun place to stay in the Smokies.
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This review is long over due, but I feel its never to late in most cases unless you don't do it at all. We were on a church trip back in June 2013 and spent one night in the Clarion Inn. As the trip planner, I must say that I did not receive any negative feedback from the attendees. I travel all the time and I have stayed at many hotels of different levels. However, this hotel ranks at the top; I was very impressed with the professionalism, the cleanliness and the comfort of this hotel. From the Sales Manager to the front desk clerks and other staff, we received outstanding customer service. The staff made us feel right at home. The kids spent hours in the pool and on the water slide (awesome). The rooms were immaculate and the breakfast was also good. We were 100 percent satisfied and if I am ever in the area again this hotel would be my choice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Scott_Ellis, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Thank you for making us your Choice Hotel and for allowing us to be a part of your church's home away from home stay. Our Assistant General Manager/Sales Manager, Jon Bentley is very good at planning itineraries, coordinating and helping any group in a trip here to the Clarion and the Smokies. In addition to your itinerary the implementation of our staff and all the services of our hotel it is our goal to coordinate making your stay the best stay possible. Please allow us to help plan your next group outing or even that individual family stay. Please keep in mind we can help you with all of the details of your stay including but not limited to the purchase of tickets to shows and attractions and the suggestions of what to see and do in the area. We look forward to serving you next time here in your home away from home in the Smokies.

Been to Clarion Inn? Share your experiences!