“Outstanding Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 93 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Charlotte, NC
“Outstanding Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My family and I stayed during the 4th of July at the Clarion Inn. I have stayed well over 100 nights in the Pigeon Forge area and I can honestly say this Hotel is the best. The hotel is very clean and the staff is wonderful. I had a problem with the in room safe (which was my fault) and it was fixed in 10 minutes after calling. The gentlemen (cannot remember his name) was also the one fixing the omelets at breakfast. Every time I saw him he would make a point to speak. The popcorn and cookies are also a nice treat. The location is outstanding. Easy access to and from the Hotel, especially convenient during the busy 4th of July. I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Scott_Ellis, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and its always a pleasure seeing folks that come back to East Tennessee and the Smoky Mountains often. The great thing about that is you have a good idea what's here and what type of hotels and services you can get in the area. Many of our guests that stay with us always like the fact that they can get their tickets to shows and attractions from our front desk. We have recently expanded those services so even our regular guest will be surprised what you can get at our front desk. Thanks again for choosing us as your Home away from Home and we look forward to your next stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
Easley, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Good place to stay, good breakfast very clean. Very busy time (July 4th week) but service still good. Only downside was lack of TV guide for room. HBO had 5 stations and the only way to find out what was on was to channel surf. Enjoy TV so hope will be corrected before we stay in the fall.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott_Ellis, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for your review and most any and or all complaints that we have had most recently is the new Charter service. Ever since we put the boxes in so as to increase the number of channels, its been a nightmare. We so apologize, but its true, you are only as strong as your weakest link. Charter has not been in a big hurry to fix our problems or service us but we are trying to make this number 1 priority. There is a button on your controller that says the word guide and it was suppose to take you to the channel guide if it worked correctly. We are so sorry for any inconvenience you may have had. We do hope everything else went well with your stay and we look forward to your next stay.
Farmington, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I love using tripadvisor. This website rarely steers me wrong. The Clarion Inn--Dollywood Area is the highest rated hotel in Pigeon Forge and it did not disappoint. Employees went out of their way to make sure you had everything you need. The breakfast was fantastic. We stayed from July 1 to July 6 and ate there breakfast every morning. Many great selections and they work so hard to keep it filled and fresh. The hot tubs and pools were nice. Outstanding hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you and we hope the trip back to Missouri was a good one. The staff sure appreciated your kind words and we know you guys stay in hotels enough to know good service when you get it. We know we cant please 100% of the people 100% of the time but we do like to try and do our best for every customer. Our Home is your Home and we want you to enjoy your Home away from Home. Our breakfast does offer the most of any breakfast you will have in a hotel that includes it in your stay. We also try to help people save time and money while on vacation by purchasing tickets and/or getting information about attractions and shows in the area. We are glad that Mizzu is in the SEC now and we hope you are our go to hotel when in East Tennessee for any reason. Look forward to your next stay.
Stratford NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Had a amazing visit at this hotel. Would highly recommend this place, the breakfast is great, could use a bit more seating, but nothing bad to say about this hotel....book it now, you will be glad you did! My favorite is the massage chairs, please don't remove them, great added incentive. We will be back, real soon!

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your review and it just so happens that our architects with the Clarion Brand are finalizing the plans to put in our Bistro C concept, that the Clarion Brand is implementing system wide. So the breakfast area will be twice as big but it will also be a restaurant concept and not what you see now. We hope that things will always be better than your last stay and we are always looking for ways to do that. Thank you for making us your choice hotel.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel based solely on its tripadvisor rating. Well I think it is overrated. It was hard to find since its not directly on the main drag and is behind a biker bar. The room was ok but I have stayed in much nicer rooms for less money. The room also has a motion sensor in the corner that is supposed to save them money by shutting down the a/c when not occupied but all night long it kept shutting it off while we slept. We would wake up sweating and I would wave my hand in the air and the a/c would come back on. I had to do this about every 30-45 minutes. For almost $200 you would think you could run the a/c all you want. The breakfast buffet is very good and the pools are too but the staff I dealt with at the pool and at breakfast didn't seem to understand English. When I asked for a fork ( since there were none out) I was repeatedly met with a blank stare. Next time I will stay somewhere else that I can run the a/c all I want.

• Stayed June 2013
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and its obvious what yours is. If you had flipped the a/c to on instead of auto then it would have stayed on the entire time you were here. That's why they have a personal control in every room. As far as our location, we cant change that and actually many people like the fact that it is not on the main parkway where all the traffic is. But it is only 1 block off the parkway and a GPS would have put you right here. In regards to bilingual employees, we give everybody the opportunity to work and don't discriminate. But, they are required to know conversational English. If you did not get addressed that we apologize for, but please make management aware of your concern at the time. We can not address it after the fact. We are sorry we don't have what you are looking for but everyone has their idea of what they want and there is nothing wrong with that. Good luck on your next stay in Texas or Tennessee as we hope you find what your looking for.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed this week and our stay was good. Last year our time and room was excellent. The rooms and hotel were beautiful. I noticed upon pulling up that the grounds were not as spotless as before. I realize that a mall is in front of the hotel and people probably throw trash everywhere but it should be picked up. Even the colored mulch was all over the place. Our rooms spacious and clean. Saw one of the maids talking with a guy over the balcony one day. She was on the third floor and he was on the ground floor. Not professional. My husband and I were in the lobby one afternoon and overheard the desk attendants laughing at a customer that they just hung up with on the phone. Very, very unprofessional. The breakfast and meet and greet employees are very, very professional and hard working. We appreciated their friendliness and all their hard work. I've read some of the comments from Mr. Ellis to the customers' reviews and cannot believe this is the same man we met a year ago. Some responses were very unprofessional.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your review and we do appreciate your business. The outside has been lacking in better care on certain days and we are addressing that employee accordingly. In reference to myself and any responses you may have seen or read here on trip advisor I make no excuses. Keep in mind there may be more to the story that just you are reading. If a customer is site specific targeting our hotel or they choose to act unbecomingly with no reason or rhyme then we will respond accordingly. This is not about me or acting unprofessional although we have spoken to the housekeeper you mentioned. Our staff works very hard doing what they do and this is not about me. When a guest or customer acts like a spoiled child or is choosing to target the hotel, that is a reflection on all the staff. I will make no excuse for protecting our staff and the hotel they work hard for. Maybe if we had less presidents apologizing and more presidents like Ronald Regan, we wouldn't be apologizing for losing Ambassador's lives or any American lives in an Embassy. That may be an extreme as an example but again this plane is on course to serve the many with the best service possible and we always will admit we need fine tuning or an adjustment but what may seem like unprofessional to you may actually be tough Love to my fellow man that I am not going to allow an excuse or any excuse to walk all over my fellow man. Thank you for your review, we will address those employees and I will consider myself on notice, but again, will give the same amount of respect and honor we get to those that give it.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

This is an awesome hotel. Staff is very friendly. The rooms are clean and quite spacious. The free breakfast includes made-to-order omelets, waffles, donuts, fresh fruit, hash browns, scrambled eggs, etc. The pool area is indoor/outdoor and has large hot tubs. From the hotel you can easily get to Dollywood and other local attractions.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you so much for your review. Our staff works very hard to make sure your stay goes well. We are centrally located and easy access to everything but please drop by the front desk to learn your way around so we can give you the best directions for your convenience. We always have discounts and can help with food, entertainment and directions. Our goal is to save you money and make things more easier while staying in the area. Thank you for making us your choice hotel.

Been to Clarion Inn? Share your experiences!