“friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 93 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Saint Albans, West Virginia
“friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2011

I stayed 4 days during January and had a great time. The hotel was very pretty, the staff was warm and friendly and the room was spotless. Loved the little kitchenette area and having my own sitting room to relax in. One very nice surprise was the real hot oatmeal @ breakfast - not the add your own hot water packets I usually find. Reminded me of cold winter days my Mom would make us hot oatmeal - very nice touch! This will be my hotel on return trips and have told all my friends this is the place to stay!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Hendersonville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

Checkin was a breeze and the person behind the desk was friendly. However once in the room, things went downhill. I went to use the bathroom and found the toilet seat extremely loose (hanging on by one bolt) and had urine stains and lose hair on it. I called the desk and asked them to send someone up to clean and repair the seat. They offered a room move but we declined since we had already unpacked everything. So they came up fairly quickly and fixed the situaiton.

My wife then goes to take a shower and the shower head is stuck in one position towards the wall. She had to stick her head under the faucet to wash it and her hair then got stuck in the drain. We had to pull her hair out to free her.

Then after this horrifying experience, she walked barefoot over the brown carpet and stepped on a broken piece of wood. It punctured her foot but thankfully did not make it bleed or break off in her foot.

When these issues were brought to the front desk, Lori was very apologetic and friendly. We gave her the piece of wood which she sealed in an envelope. She said the manager would be there @ 3:00 and he could deal with the situation. We came back after three o'clock and asked for the manager. The young guy behind the desk identified himself as the manager-on-duty and said that the hotel manager was on vacation. He was very rude and acted like we were making the whole thing up. He said that the only thing he could do was to take $10 off our rate. Aghast at this shameful affront, I demanded that he contact the manager and let him know what has happened. He said it would take some time. Later that evening, he called the room to make the glorious announcement that the manager had decided to be generous and give us $30 off our rate (less than half off). And this was begrudgingly given! At this time however, it was not about money so much as the confrotational atitude of the front desk and management towards our problems.

The hotel is fairly new and so everything looks nice; but it has major customer service, housekeeping, and engineering issues. For the safety of my family and myself, I would not stay here again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Boiling Springs, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011

We stayed here Dec 17th and 18th, left my cell phone charger by mistake, called them on the 19th, was told someone from housekeeping would contact me about this, I never heard from anyone. I went online with Amazon.com and ordered a charger, received it within a few days-only paid $6 for it. TODAY, Jan 10th, 3 WEEKS, I receive my charger from the hotel, they charged my credit card $15.60. AMAZING! Noone contacted me, I never asked anyone to send the charger to me, noone told me it would be $15.60!!! Also, HOT in room, could not make it cooler, complained twice, nothing was done.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
North Wilkesboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

We went to Pigeon Forge for our last get-away-of the summer. When we stayed at SpringHill suites; it had only been open for a couple months. The hotel location is great. It's actually behind/beside The Christmas Place. You can get to it from a stop light (making it easy to ge onto and off of the road). My husband and I got a room with a hot tub. It was also great. I only had a couple complaints. First, when we got there, the girl at the front desk had no clue what she was doing. We booked online through Marriott's website (cheaper and more options). The lady at the desk had to get someone else to help her check us in. Maybe she was new since the hotel had just opened. The other, not really complaint but rather me being picky, was the breakfast. It was the typical free warm in the microwave food but personally, I'm a Southern girl and I think a southern hotel should have gravy, biscuits, eggs, bacon, sausage, etc. Despite the non-perfections, we will definitely stay here during our next trip. We rode around part of a day and did not see any hotels that looked as nice (except maybe the Christmas place which is more expensive and I didn't want a Christmas themed hotel in the summer). As far as attractions-the Titanic Museum and the Commedy Barn were all neat (but something I'd only do once). The Apple Barn and the Old Mill were our favorite restaurants. We like to try different things when we go on vacation and not do the same things twice, but we will make several visits to these. The outlets were great too.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Winder, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

This is a new hotel. We had the pleasure of staying here January 2011 and September 2010. The rooms are studio style with a closet that can store anything from luggage to cooler's and other items that would normally get in the way at a regular size hotel room. The beds are very comfortable. The bathtubs are very slippery so we purchased a nonslip mat. The staff is beyond excellent, Due to the weather we had to leave 1 day early and the general manager Henry refunded us 1 night stay. I can't wait until our next stay in May 2011 !! We have stayed numerous times at Music Road Hotel which is also excellent but we think Springhill is better due to the large rooms.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Southeastern, US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

If your making a quick weekend trip or even 2 day trip to PF I would def. recommend this hotel. I am usually a fan of renting a cabin to escape and enjoy some privacy but I was traveling with some family and just wanted an overnight stay. Wonderful rooms, plenty of room - 4 in our room and spacious for everyone. Much better than your typical hotel. VERY clean, the hotel is in immaculate condition but is relatively new. Great location and within walking distance to some good restaurants. The parkway is easily accessible as well. I will def. plan to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Prairieville, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011

I definitely will consider Marriot hotels before any other when I travel from now on. This hotel had all the cleanliness and comfort we expected from a brand new hotel, with friendly staff and added perks of free internet, free parking, free 24 hr gym, included hot breakfast, and indoor pool. We loved having the sofa bed along with our two beds, and this is the first hotel I've been in with bathroom fans. We appreciated that the hotel was completely non-smoking. The $130 rate was well worth it!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pigeon Forge? Share your experiences!