“Very Satisfied, Again. Hard to think of staying somewhere else” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #6 of 93 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Napoleon, Ohio
“Very Satisfied, Again. Hard to think of staying somewhere else”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

first i want to commend Joe and Lori for responding to reviewers. Especially nitpicking ones. This is a family hotel. there will be kids in the pool. probably in both pools, that's right, two pools. both very well kept. warm and inviting. with a slide, which my daughter went down about 100+ times. ok, i confess, i went down it too. but only 50 times. the outside hot tub, excellent. hot and bubbly. the room, spacious, clean, well maintained. was there some fraying on carpet, yes. my opinion, that is to be expected. these hotels have thousands of people in and out. if there was no maintenance needed, it means nobody is staying there. then you really wonder. only one TV, oh the horror. i don't even think we used the tv. by the time we get done with hiking, swimming in the TWO pools, going for ice cream, and playing at the parks and going for walks we didn't really have time for TV. walks.....did i mention the location. you can walk to a heck of a lot. the new island place is pretty nice. Location is wonderful. Staff, absolutely wonderful. one day the hot tub was broke, maintenance guy was working on it and had ti back up and bubbling in no time. breakfast was always ready on time. front desk was very pleasant. always greeting you when you walk in. cleaning did a wonderful job, even left us a pleasant note when our daughter had left a bunch of stuff out on her bed that they couldn't move it to make the bed. we left a very nice thank you and a tip. it was so nice to come back to a clean room and made beds after long fun days of hiking and shopping. thank you for keeping the place looking good, my wife and i were there two yrs ago, and the place still looks good. keep up the good work. we might be seeing you again in two more yrs. i almost forgot to mention the value, for around $110 for weeknights, are you kidding me. with a nice breakfast, and two pools. if you are looking for five star, room service, and foot massages at the front desk go pay 4-5 times more and have at it. i will save some $$$ and stay here. or if you think the value is bad there are plenty of $29.95 rooms on the strip. i am sure they will be more than happy to wait on you hand and foot.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

My family and I stayed at the SpringHill Suites in Pigeon Forge this week. We had two small ones (2 and 4) with us. We were sincerely welcomed by Lori and efficiently checked in. She was very helpful with offering suggestions of where to eat and also offered to sell us our tickets for Dollywood to avoid the waiting and crowds. She provided pool toys for the little ones. I noticed as other guests came back in from dinner or being out, she greeted them warmly and ask about their food, what they had done, etc. The accommodations were very clean and well suited for our family. The pool was small, but it had a slide and was a fun place for the kids (and grown-ups) to relax. I would definitely return to this location on a future trip!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I have stayed in many SpringHill Suites and to me they are all the same (not a good or bad thing). They are all spacious suites with the same amenities, and include a free breakfast, but they are not too over the top either.

I have stayed at all 3 Mariott properties in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinsburg, and thought this one was ok.

Pros: Definitely a very family friendly place (because of the room size and lower cost). I have never had a cleanliness complaint at a SpringHill Suites either as the rooms are always very 'green' and 'clean'. The hotel was very crowded the weekend I was there, and the staff really hustled to make sure the breakfast items were being replenished. Also, you can tell it is a new hotel as the lobby and rooms look fresh.

Cons: The pool area was nice, but small, and too many young kids jumping around like animals for anyone else to use it. Also, as with many Spring Hill Suites, but when I walked into my room, it smelled like feet. Finally, this hotel has NO balconies. Yes, I knew that going in, but when you are at Pigeon forge you want to be outside and use a balcony. Especially as a category 6 hotel I would expect this.

A nice, clean hotel, honestly somewhere I would more gladly spend a business trip. However, I would probably stay somewhere else next time I can to the Smokies.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Morganton, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Have been staying here for several years and am always pleased with our stay. Would like to recognize some of the staff on their excellent performance and personalities. Romelyn Haynes (front desk) . Lori Vanprice (assistant general manager). Heathet Reihart (room attendant) and Kathy Sanchez . Thank you ladies for making our stay enjoyable .
High highly recommend Sprinhii Suites as an excellent place to stay while visiting Pigeon Forge.

• Stayed May 2014
Lori V, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear Judyelkins,
Thank you so much for the wonderful review of our beautiful SpringHill Suites by Marriott in Pigeon Forge TN! We appreciate your recognition of our staff members, and would like you to know that they will all be recognized for their positive service during our next employee meeting! We are happy to hear that you make SpringHill Suites By Marriott your home away from home when you are in town and we look forward to having you as our guest again!
Hilton Head, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

My husband recently retired and we are traveling to many places. We decided to visit Pigeon Forge, Tennessee and chose to stay at the SpringHill Suites. Upon arrival, we found the outside appearance of this property was landscaped, clean and inviting. In contrast, upon check in, the front desk clerk left us waiting while she answered a phone and made a reservation. There was no apology for the delay. The first room we were given had a very strong odor (bad smelling air freshener perhaps?). We told a different front desk clerk the room smelled bad and would not work. No apology was offered but we were given a second room. The second room had frayed carpet with numerous strings sticking up. We asked the front desk clerk if there were any better rooms. She said we could try a different room although all the rooms smelled the same. She did not comment on the carpet. This clerk gave us a key to a third room. The third room had frayed carpet and had the same strong odor smell. We decided to try the second room since we were tired from driving all day. Upon settling in the room, we found other issues other than frayed carpet. There was no stopper for the bathroom sink and the stopper was not fastened in the bathtub. Taking a shower we realized the shower would not drain unless the stopper remained out of place in the tub. The hot water temperature only rose to a little warm at best. The soap in the box container was stuck to the bathroom counter. For some reason, the head of the bed appeared to be lower than the foot of the bed and springs in the mattress could be felt when laying down. Needless to say, it was an uncomfortable night's sleep. We stayed in the king studio with spa tub and found the set up to be extremely odd. There was only one TV for both the sofa area and bed area which had to be turned according to which area was viewing. When turned to the bed area, the person on the sofa could not see the TV. The TV was bolted down so the only way to move it for better viewing was swivel from side to side. The following morning, we had come to a mutual decision to not remain at this hotel.

We canceled our remaining reservation plus we cancelled the reservation we had made for our daughter and her family to join us a few days later. Our original reservation was for seven nights and our daughter's reservation was for five nights. On check out the same first front desk clerk received another phone call and had us wait while she took it. This call was not another reservation. It appeared to be a call from someone she knew. The only question the front desk clerk asked concerning leaving early was, "Was the spa okay?" Since we had not used the spa tub, we said we did not know. No other questions were asked and she appeared to not care about the reason we were checking out six days early. In addition, we did note, the counter along the side of the front registration counter was very messy, with brochures, a specialty coffee drink container, an open tube shaped container, scattered papers, a purse, etc....

This unpleasant review was the most difficult review for me to write since it is the first time we have not been happily satisfied with a Marriott property. When reading this, keep in mind, we are pretty picky concerning where we sleep. With that said, we do not believe we received value for the price we paid for our room. Since we are a Platinum rewards member with Marriott, we have stayed at Marriott properties numerous times. Our personal opinion on comparing this property to others where we have visited finds this one falls far short in comparison.

Room Tip: The first floor, close to the pool area, can be noisy from children coming in from and going to the...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Joseph G, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Kathy S.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you faced during your recent stay. Our top priority is always 100% guest satisfaction and I am very sorry that we failed to meet your or our own expectations. I can't help but say that I am extremely surprised that you did not enjoy your time with us and that you faced so many issues at our property. The overwhelming opinion from our guests is typically an excellent experience as you can see from the other comments on TripAdvisor and across our internet reviews.
The situations that you encountered is very rare for our hotel and please trust that we are working very hard today to identify all of the issues you encountered and correct them immediately. I have a meeting scheduled with my management team to specifically address your comments today.
I encourage you to please call me at your earliest convenience so we can discuss the problems you faced. I apologize that I never had the opportunity to meet you while you were here nor did I personally have the opportunity to try and make you more comfortable during your stay. Our guest opinions are very valuable and utilizing your feedback is how we will continue to make our hotel excellent.
My contact information is listed below and I look forward to the opportunity to discuss your problems. Hopefully we can have you back in the near future to show you why we are a Platinum Award winning hotel with Marriott and 4 time TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence winner. I am confident that we can change your initial opinion of our hotel.
Have a great day and I hope to speak with you soon!

Joe Grieco
865.453.4514
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

This hotel is a "kid friendly" hotel. There is both indoor and outdoor pools. There is a water slide on the outside pool that keeps the kids active for hours. The staff is great! They have activities to hand out for the kids.

The best house keeper is Heather! If your lucky enough to get her and the kids have their stuffed animals in the room she will surprise them on their return with the animals in various play positions on the bed.

We will return with the grand kids again and we can not recommend this hotel enough!

The breakfast buffet is larger than the average SpringHill Suites.

We are a Marriott Platinum Premier Elite with over a million stays in the program so we can spot a good hotel for the family time!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Jim S,
Thank you for the wonderful review of our beautiful SpringHill Suites by Marriott in Pigeon Forge TN! We appreciate all of your kind words and thank you for being a Platinum Premier Elite Marriott member! I am very pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations and that you truly enjoyed your stay! Your comments about Heather, who is truly a hard working individual, are appreciated and I promise I will recognize her at our monthly employee meeting! She truly goes above and beyond in her duties! We look forward to welcoming you back, and cannot wait to see the grandkids again!
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on a recent road trip to Branson. I can't say enough good things about the Spring Hill Suites in Pigeon Forge. Good location can walk to a couple of restaurants and a coffee shop. From the moment I walked in I could tell it was going to be a good stay. I believe Kayla was at the front desk when we checked in. She welcomed us with a warm smile. You can tell when someone enjoys their job. I'm all about customer service it seems to be lacking these days. I'm happy to say customer service is top notch here. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was nice. The only thing I wish they had was more fruit. Before checking out my husband stopped by the desk to let them know how much we enjoyed our stay. This was our first time staying here and we will stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Floridavaction1234,
Thank you for taking the time to review our beautiful SpringHill Suites by Marriott in Pigeon Forge TN! We are happy that you found us! At SpringHill Suites, we strive to provide our guests with quiet relaxing accomodations, a healthy start breakfast and friendly hospitality! Kayla stands out amongst our staff and I will be sure to recognize her at our next employee meeting, as well as the entire staff for a job well done! Again I thank you and look forward to your next road trip that brings you back to us!

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pigeon Forge? Share your experiences!