“Convenient location for Smokey Mountains National Park” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #6 of 93 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Georgia
“Convenient location for Smokey Mountains National Park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stayed here April 29th and May 1st, 2013. It was very clean and appear new, I used the work "appear" since we had a few problems that I will address later in this review. The staff was exceptional with a rapid check-in and check-out. The main part of the room and bathroom was very clean, as were all the common areas. The breakfast was standard, which is to say adequate since scrambled eggs each and every morning (only two mornings here but had two previous mornings at another Marriott facility and only scrambled eggs there also).

As far as problems go it was a bad news/good news. First it turned out the Air Conditioning was not working, not noticeable at first, but by the evening as we prepared for bed we had to open the window and luckily it was a cool night. We didn't report it then since it would have been a hassle to relocate and the window was an adequate. Less of an issue, but still a problem: the light in the walk in closet (very nice) didn't work nor did the set of lights over one of the queen beds. The next morning before leaving for the day I reported this to the font desk. When we returned everything was fixed and the next morning as I approached the front desk to check out the clerk recognized me and called me by name, asking if all was well.

We also experienced difficulties with our pillows at this Marriott facility (problem with Fairfield Inn and Suites Chattanooga South/East Ridge TN previous two nights). We had four pillows on each queen bed and they varied from too hard to overly firm. Not worth asking for other ones but not as good as the pillows at other chains of this caliber.

Finally, wide screen TV but standard definition cable signal. Most hotel chains have upgraded the TV but still only providing old fashioned reception.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

I have been staying with Springhill Suites over the past 3 yrs. I am always impressed with the staff & the cleanliness of the hotel. I also love your yummy breakfast in the morning. Recently, upon check in the elevator had just broken & someone was trapped inside, this was all happening as I checked in. The front desk associate Chris was fabulous! He kept very professional & did his best to calm me & make me feel like everything was being taken care of. I had numerous bags, he came around & carried EVERY single one of them for me up to the 5th floor! I have visited 2 more times & have always been impressed but each time I see Chris going out of his way to help other guests, I watch as they call him by name as they enter or leave. I want you to know what a difference Chris makes, not just for my visits, but it seems like everyone else's too! I will be back in a few weeks.
Signed,
A very happy customer!

• Stayed April 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I was really like how the rooms are set up. You got room to move around and work, if you need to. The people really nice and helpful. Romelyn made me feel right at home, no matter how many dumb questions we asked her. She was always very polite and professional. She made feel like I was talking to a long time friend. I can't wait to stay there again.

Romelyn - you are the greatest!!! Thank you

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I recently had the pleasure to stay a week at this Spinghill Suites in Pigeon Forge and experienced a wonderful, comfortable and safe environment. The rooms were more than expected and the front desk staff (Romelyn) was super friendly and very helpful each and everytime I passed by the front desk. For anyone visiting the area I highly recommend staying at this Sprinhill Suites.

Room Tip: Not much of a view on the backside as the area is not yet developed.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This was a stopover on our trip across Tennessee, and it was a delightful place. The manager, Joe, was so helpful in recommending places to see and eat not only in town but at our next stop, Knoxville. Wish the indoor pool was in operation, though. We missed that. Very good breakfast, as is expected from Springhill, and staff was always smiling and courteous.

Room Tip: Our room faced downtown and the ferris wheel...very pretty at night!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Greenville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We are Marriott rewards members and have certain expectations when staying within the brand. But this hotel met and exceeded them. Great location, clean, two pools with jacuzzi, breakfast was great but the staff was what made it. Very friendly and seemed to enjoy their job. Made our trip that much better.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Joseph G, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Thank you so much for posting such a great review. I am glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations during your recent stay. We are very proud of our property and it definitely shows in our staff, we truly do enjoy our jobs. I am gladto hear that my took great care of you and we look forward to having you back again soon.
Have a great day!

Joe Grieco
(865)453-4514
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We made a family visit to Pigeon Forge as a family of 4, parents and two children - boy/girl 11 & 9. I thought this hotel was great. Not too expensive. Looks brand new, only two years old, but s not showing signs of wear.

The breakfast is served until 9, but the days we were there they held the buffet open past 10 am. Awesome! Saved us time and money so we got to Dollywood ahead of schedule.

The pool is nice as well - great to have both an indoor and outdoor pool. Hot tub and slide.

Great location. We will be back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pigeon Forge? Share your experiences!