“Great Stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 94 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Florida
“Great Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Our first time visiting the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area and I chose this hotel based on all the great reviews I read. The hotel still has a "new" feel to it - it's very well kept, super clean, and in a great location in Pigeon Forge. Right across the street/walking distance to Mellow Mushroom and many other restaurants, as well as shopping and activities. The room was cozy, quiet and comfortable and had everything we needed including extra fluffy towels & extremely comfortable beds. The indoor pool was a lot of fun after days of walking & sightseeing & the outdoor pool & hot tub are open during the cold weather too - lots of fun for the kiddies! The ladies at the front desk were great and took care of the couple of special requests we had and helped with directions and other questions. The only negative I could come with is that the breakfast area gets VERY crowded, our first morning there it was so packed that someone squeezing through spilled juice down my daughter's back! Not a good way to start off....but anyway the selection of food is pretty is good - two waffle makers plus a couple of hot items & pastries, etc and decent coffee - overall GREAT experience & highly recommend this hotel - I would stay there again in a heartbeat! :-)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Blue Ridge, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is a very nice and CLEAN hotel. The room was large and quite.
The staff was very nice and efficient. The location is perfect for a shopping trip or
just to relax.
You will not be disappointed if you choose to stay at Springhill Suites.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

This was my 2nd stay at the SpringHill Suites for a conference in Pigeon Forge for 4 days/3 nights. Even though the conference center was 7 miles away and the majority of attendees stayed there...I knew how quiet and clean the Marriott property was as well as an attentive staff.
I was not disappointed. Check-in was prompt and my work partner and I asked for rooms close to one another and our request was honored. My request for a view of the mountains was also awarded. My room was equipped for disabilities as I have a severe hearing impairment & without my aids, I feel vibrations. The room were up-to-date standards for disabilities and my room came with the LOUD doorbell/flashing light to let me know when I had guests. My travel partner commented on the assisted devices and how well they worked. (I did not have to ask for the room as the staff recognized my note as a Marriott Rewards Member of my specific disability).
The hotel is located just about a block off the main strip thru Pigeon Forge. Within steps thru the parking lot is a Starbucks and a Mellow Mushroom (Pizza & other light foods & they deliver to the hotel as well).
The rooms were large with comfortable furniture with separate bedroom, living area and kitchenette. Although the kitchenette had the small fridge, microwave and sink...there were no utensils to be used so be sure to ask for forks/knives/spoons with your take-out or left-overs.
This hotel offered a "full" breakfast with assorted cereals, breads and spreads (honey, peanut butter, cream cheese, butter) as well as hot eggs, breakfast meats. Juices & milk were plentiful along with fresh fruit.
The lobby and eating area was quite large with plenty of tables and chairs. Tables & chairs were also located outside on a patio if the burning fireplace was too warm for your liking.
A small, but well equipped exercise room was available along with indoor and outdoor pools. Both were heated. I took advantage of the empty pools late one evening and the outdoor jacquzzi was excellent in the chill of the December night. The hot tub was large enough for up to 25 people and it had a small waterfall that felt great falling down and massaging my back.
This hotel is just the right size to have all the nice amenities but you don't have to walk a quarter-mile to get to your room from the front desk.
I will stay here again if I'm in the area as well as recommend to others.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view to see wonderful sunsets.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hickory, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Just returned from staying here and I must say I was impressed the minute I walked into the lobby. It was beautiful, clean and the staff is extremely friendly. We had a king suite and it was plenty big enough for my husband and I with 2 kids on the sleeper sofa. We loved the location...close to the outlets, Mellow Mushroom and loved that there is a Starbucks right there within walking distance, very good breakfast every morning. We will stay here again!

Room Tip: The suites has a small den are with a sleeper sofa, so big enough for 4 people...comfy beds!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
London, Kentucky, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Super Clean Rooms with average beds and horrible layout with a big wall almost totally dividing the room. The Heating/Cooling units are wall mounted and are very loud which makes it difficult to sleep. The breakfeast isn't much more than average. I asked the woman servicing the breakfeast bar for orange juice and was informed they didn't offer it for breakfeast because the manager didn't think they needed it for the bar and that she had informed him several times they needed it for the bar. She insisted that I do her a favor and complain about the breakfeast bar.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel if you want a pleasant stay. Comfort Inn is the best.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We had a good experience here except the first room we checked in was very moldy. It hit you in the face. They moved us and it was still in our room. The house man told us they need to pull and clean the a/c since summer is over. When the water keeps circulating it's fine but after winter comes and the a/c is off, it sets in. I was told they would take care of it. They did not ozonate the room. When I told the manager that, he had no idea why. We were there 2 nights so they had an entire middle day when we were out of the room to correct the situation. The answer is that they do not have an appointment with the company who pulls and cleans them until March 1. If you have no sensitivity, it's no problem. Just be aware of it when checking in to the hotel.

Room Tip: If you have a mold allergy, go into the room before you rent one. Make sure it will work for you.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We have stayed here a few times and are never disappointed. It is within walking distance of many places we enjoy. The staff is wonderful. Breakfast is very good with an easy set-up and lots of tables at which to eat. The rooms are nice and big.

Room Tip: Every room we've ever had was great.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dominick S, Executive HouseKeeper at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Dear explorerfun,

Wanted to follow up on the very kind words, and to thank you for taking the time to put in a review for our property. It is so nice to know that your trip to the smokies, and your stay was great with us. I am so proud of my staff, for their continued Efforts to ensure that all of our guest have the best stay and vacation while they are here. I am excited to read your review of them as well. Thank you so much again and hope to see you and your family in the future here at our Springhill Suites.

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pigeon Forge? Share your experiences!