“Very interesting. Not sure it's worth the money.” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: We've built a Permanent, Interactive Titanic Ship in Pigeon Forge, TN. • Walk the Grand Staircase • Steer the ship • Learn to send an SOS signal • Touch an iceberg • KID FRIENDLY • 2 Hour walk-through experience Winner of the 2012 and 2013 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence. "The best story telling museum in the world." - Rick Meade "The most lavish monument to the sea's most famous disaster." - USA Today NEW in 2014! WORLD EXCLUSIVE Exhibit! A Tribute gallery dedicated to one of Titanic's most colorful passengers Margaret "Unsinkable Molly" Brown.
Mobile
7 attraction reviews
“Very interesting. Not sure it's worth the money.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

My husband, 4yr old and I went to the museum and it was ok. You get a boarding pass when you first go inside that has information about a person on the ship. When you get to the end you can look at the name of the survivors and the people that didn't make it and find your name. There also may be fun facts about your person throughout the museum. My only problem was that is was a bit pricey.

Chicago, Illinois
“If you want more info on the Titanic, this is well worth the price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

2 bits of advice -- Buy reserved tickets at least a few days before you plan to go as they sell out fast and don't bring kids. My husband, sons (ages 21 & 19) and I were fascinated by the exhibit and found it to be one of our favorite attractions in this area.

Kingsport, Tennessee
“Sunken ship keeps vacation afloat!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

When first viewing the Titanic museum from the road, it looks much smaller than I assumed the actual Titanic was. However, when we pulled in, I must say we were excited nonetheless. Once you purchase your boarding pass, you are given the name of a passenger and you find out at the end of the tour if you survived. I didn't. Neither did my husband or my mom but my daughter was saved.

The museum basically relives the Titanic from building plans to survivors. There are a few actual artifacts from the boat as well as a large room full of pictures taken by a priest-in-training who got off the boat in Ireland before it took it's fateful journey.

Actual artifacts include pieces of the actual grand staircase, a deck chair, and a second-class menu that a survivor had placed into her handbag.

One of the best parts of the museum is they recreated how the deck would have felt at night (the room is cooold!) and they have you place your hand into 28 degree saltwater. I've placed my hand into other cold water exhibits that claim to be as cold as the ocean in the sinking of the Titanic, none have been this cold! There is also an iceberg you can touch.

At the end of the exhibit you can have a blue screen picture taken that places you in front of the grand staircase and in the ship's control room. The pictures are good quality and get both of only $20, which seemed relatively cheap.

One other neat part were smaller models of the deck you could actually walk on that showed the degrees that the boat raised into the air as it sank. By the time you get to the fourth model, it is almost perpendicular to the floor!

All in all, I would say the Titanic is a must visit in Pigeon Forge! The two reasons I gave it a 4 instead of a 5 are 1. I wish there had been more actual artificats and 2. unlike a lot of exhibits in Pigeon Forge, after you visit here once, there is really no need to go again.

Franklin, Tennessee
“DON'T BRING SMALL CHILDREN TO THIS ATTRACTION!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

My family of 5 visited the Titanic on June 7, 2010. My kids are 20 & 16. My daughter had this #1 on her priority list for our visit to Gatlinburg. It did not disappoint. Yes, it's a lot of reading. But we were all fascinated with it. The one thing that partly ruined our visit was a screaming 1 year old who was in EVERY room with us. The parents did nothing to discipline him. He was unruly and running around and throwing himself to the ground. My husband finally went to get someone to try to intervene but nothing was done. My 83 year old Mom, who was sitting on a bench resting, was actually hit in the eye by this kid having a tantrum. PLEASE DO NOT BRING YOUR LITTLE KIDS TO THIS ATTRACTION. THEY WILL NOT ENJOY IT AND EVERYONE AROUND YOU WILL NOT ENJOY IT. Also, the prices for the pictures were a little steep. You couldn't use the giftshop 10% coupon on the pictures either. I don't know why, since the pictures WERE in the gift shop.

chattanooga tn
“More for historical view than amusement entertainment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2010

It would be more for adults than kids. We thought it would be more involvement and interaction. More like a museum of historical facts (which were great) but not for kids. It was very interesting to see all the letters, papers and etc. You could not take pictures and had to turn your cell phone on vibrate. It was ok but I would not go back. I would recommend for historical buffs but not families (kids) or teens.