“Very interesting” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: We've built a Permanent, Interactive Titanic Ship in Pigeon Forge, TN. • Walk the Grand Staircase • Steer the ship • Learn to send an SOS signal • Touch an iceberg • KID FRIENDLY • 2 Hour walk-through experience Winner of the 2012 and 2013 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence. "The best story telling museum in the world." - Rick Meade "The most lavish monument to the sea's most famous disaster." - USA Today NEW in 2014! WORLD EXCLUSIVE Exhibit! A Tribute gallery dedicated to one of Titanic's most colorful passengers Margaret "Unsinkable Molly" Brown.
NC
12 attraction reviews
“Very interesting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I enjoyed my recent visit to this attraction. The staff if very friendly and informative and exhibit covers a wide variety of topics ranging from construction of the ship, the passengers and crew, and even had a section on the James Cameron movie. A very good audio tour with special stops for children and areas with hands on stuff for kids and the young at heart. Very educational.

Knoxville, Tennessee
3 attraction reviews
“Ok But Thought It Was Going To Be Great”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I Liked The Few Artifacts I Hated That They Hand You A Speaker In Line And When You get In They Try To Charge You More For It Don't Give It To Me If It Doesn't Come With the Package Orlando's Titanic Experience Is Better In My Opinion

North Carolina
19 attraction reviews
“Great experience for the whole family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

There is something for just about every age group in this Pigeon Forge attraction. While lining up for entry, guests are issued an "ID" of sorts, the name and background of an actual passenger or crew member on board the Titanic when it set sail. The on line wait can be long and tedious, particularly if the weather is bad, but our family spent the time comparing "bios" which ranged from a wealthy young socialite to a crew member charged with cleaning below-deck bathrooms! In addition to the types of memorabilia one might expect to find in a museum e.g. actual deck chairs, china, etc., as well as recreated crew quarters and state rooms, visitors have the chance to be more than just observers. For example, you can step out onto the ship's "deck" and feel the same frigid temperature passengers felt the night of the collision with the iceberg; you can dip your hand in water and instantly understand how desperate a person would have had to have been to jump from the ship. Platforms at various incline attitudes allow you to try to negotiate the deck of the ship as it rose up and prepared to plunge into the sea. At the end of the visit you can discover if your identity is that of a survivor or someone who perished ...and by the time, you do so, you will also discover that, having learned a lot about the way this person experienced this ship, you have come to care a great deal.

Visited June 2012
Jonesborough, Tennessee, United States
7 attraction reviews
“step back in time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Great place takes you back on the titanic and gives wonderful information. You are given a person when you go and at the end you find out that person was on the titanic and if you lived or died. FUN

Visited November 2012
Gadsden
6 attraction reviews
“A Full Review From A True Fan”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This review comes from a big fan of the Titanic, I always thought that she was one of the most beautiful luxury liners ever built, but this museum was seriously lacking.

Upon entering the doorway into the ticket purchasing room, the man there handed me a card with a random character's name on it and some information about it.. head my warning here, take the time to read this card and briefly memorize it.. characters will interact with you in the museum and will treat you like the person on the card.. (and sometimes they will want real information.. it was rather confusing..)

Oh and the person at the door also informs you that you cannot take pictures inside of the museum whatsoever.. and watched me/made me turn my cell phone off. (I was using it up until I entered the building.. I thought that was rather rude and stupid.. (The making me/watching me turn it off part)..

You pay $26.00 for a ticket that gets you nothing but admittance into the museum, if you want to enjoy the experience and learn all that you can you will have to pay $6.00 more for the self guided audio tour.. Plus tax.. I was the only person in line and it took about 5 minutes to purchase my ticket.. They had to have my name, address, phone number and keyed it all into their system before selling me a ticket. It was rather annoying.. (Plus when you purchase something at the gift shop, which I did.. you have to go through that whole process once again.. You would think that their systems would be linked..)

Once inside the museum you walk around and read signs then have to literally search for the audio tour markers. I found the first 12 easily, then jumped to 18 then jumped to 22.. I don't know where the ones in between were.. Unless they were on the ceiling tiles or something.. So the audio tour is nice.. but for the high price of the museum I think that it should be included.. Especially since you have to examine every square inch of the museum to find the little buttons.. that are probably about six-eight inches round each..

The characters mentioned earlier are rather confusing.. and somewhat pushy.. and can be rude if you do not respond how they want you to.. Like I said before.. sometimes you role play the character you were given and sometimes they want your real information.. Such as before you can walk up the grand staircase.. that lady was rather rude when I answered my real name and she wanted the information on the card, where I was from and if I had friends in first class.. (Since I was a second class traveler..).. Some of the other characters wait and pull groups together to tall you the same facts that were on the signs.. Like I was in the first room reading a sign about the voyage and a guy told us to stop what we were doing and pulled everyone in the room together to tell me exactly what I was in the process of reading.. Then sent us back to our doings.. I will agree to the period costumes though, they were pretty neat.

As for the artifacts.. Most of the stuff in the museum are letters from the people (and some of people that did not) attend the voyage of the Titanic.. Their were a few plates and pieces of wood from the grand staircase.. and a chair along with a very few pieces of relics brought back.. This was not what I expected.. I was expecting a lot of relics and what not.. not just a bunch of letters and plaques telling the stories of the people who attended the voyage/ built the ship.. I actually saw more Titanic stuff when a tour came through my city one time years ago and stayed at one of the local art centers, I was highly disappointed..

At the end of the tour they take your picture in front of a "green screen" and turn it into a $30.00 picture of you in front of the Grand staircase.. It looked horrible and so fake that I almost laughed when they told me the price.. Then when I refused the $30 they dropped it to $25.. then to $20 when I said no to that.. I was about to just walk away and the lady told me to keep my card and I could order a print later online if I wanted one.. Plus one of the tour guides jumped into the picture with me and flared out her dress.. *Deep Sigh* Like I wanted that..

If they wanted me to pay $30.00 for a picture they should have let me take one of me on the replica grand staircase.. or at least had the option to.. That would have made more sense.. but no this guy wants to rip you off anyway that he can..

As for the summary of my review of this museum, it was seriously lacking.. As I said, the employees were rather pushy and could be rude, the artifacts were lacking and the cost was high.. If I were you, I would just take the money and do a couple of other things around Pigeon Forge than waste your time here.. For the Serious Titanic fan such as myself.. It might be something to see one time.. or you could just wait until a Titanic exhibit shows up in a local city.. You will see the same stuff.. for free.. (plates etc)..