“Dang, this place is bad!” 1 of 5 stars

GuestHouse International Inn
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   202 Emert Street, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863   |
Ranked #61 of 94 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Lenoir City, Tennessee
“Dang, this place is bad!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

First, the two ladies that we saw work the front desk were hard working and great. That's the only good I can say about this place.
We purchased a "deal" from deal chicken. A room for two nights that Deal Chicken said would cost $197 and they gave it to us for $98.50. We had to pay taxes on the "normal price" of $197. I've never had that happen before. I'm contacting the Tenn tax department and Tenn attorney general office about that. BTW, those rooms are always much cheaper than $197 for 2 nights.
Next, we opened the door to room 213 and was hit with a strong smell of mold. The window had been leaking which soaked the cushion and surrounding drywall. We were switched to room 214.
We were appalled at the amount of dirt in the bathroom. The toilet hadn't been cleaned so we asked that it be cleaned. They used a hand cloth that I'm sure went back to someone's room after it was washed. I was shocked at the dirt in the shower and amount of hair on the floor of the bathroom. We went across the street to Food Lion, purchased Clorox wipes and cleaned it ourselves.
I will never, ever, ever stay there again!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Clarksville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The staff were accommodating, our room was clean and the room rates are affordably priced. Hotel is located a good distance from the main drag which offers more peace and quiet from the traffic noise. It's a great place to stay for a weekend getaway!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ghipf, Owner at GuestHouse International Inn, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. Hope to see you soon! Shawn & Sharon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This place is very clean . The staff is very nice and friendly.when I bring my family to this area we always stay here . This hotel is very reasonable on its prices and I deffently recommend.

Bridgett mcglone poca wv

• Stayed November 2012
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your visit with us and hope to see you again soon. Shawn & Sharon
Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

When I went into this hotel, the front desk lady was nice. The pleasantness stopped there. The hotel is dirty and smells. The room was really tiny and stank. My husband even commented on it. But we didn't care, we just needed a place to crash for the night after a wedding. This company ended up charging my debit card $200 for SMOKING. Funny thing is? Neither one of us SMOKE. She said the cleaning lady "smelled smoke". I was so incredibly upset. "Sharon" who wouldn't give her last name, (which to me speaks volumes) wouldn't even hear me out. Kept talking over me. Saying she's the Owner of the hotel and that's the end of the discussion. Told me to take it up with the credit card company.

You bet I have and will. But if you're reading this review- the cheap price of the hotel is NOT worth it. They're crooks !

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Ross, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I don't see why everyone is tearing this hotel up on here. Yes the rooms are a bit small but that being said our stay has been a breath of fresh air. The housekeeping staff is wonderful, the room looked fantastic when we got back in, and the front desk ladies have been so supportive and easy to approach. We are greeted every time we walk in or out the door. Even being a smoker, I appreciate that they care enough about the non smoking guests to ask the smokers to come downstairs to smoke cigarettes. I will stay here again when I come down next year.

• Stayed September 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

OMG This place does have a clean entrance, but that's the last time you will see anything nice. The pool was filthy, the rooms were GROSS - mold on the walls in the bathroom, OOOOOld sheets, towells had brown spots, the carpet was gross, the comforter was so gross, it IS conveniently located right behind a mcdonalds (ew!) THIS PLACE IS NOT WORTH IT, PLEASE BELIEVE ME!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Worst experience all way around! Do not stay here. Not clean, not friendly and no refund! They go in out of your room anytime they want even at 10:30 at night!then deny it! Towels are dirty, room smells horrible. Air doest work.
Do not choose this place! Just not worth it. We left a day early, with No Refund!

• Stayed September 2013

Been to GuestHouse International Inn? Share your experiences!