“"Best place in the South"” 5 of 5 stars

Orbitz.com Expedia.com
River Place Condos
2.0 of 5 Condominium   |   3215 North River Road, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863   |
New York City, New York
“"Best place in the South"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2011

Very clean, with big rooms. Really friendly customer service with a lovely lady named Tammy and her son Reagan. A cute little family owned small town business, going for 3 generations. Very Americana. Loved the amazing location in the middle of town!! Had a beautiful view of the Smokey Mountains, and a private a balcony over looking the river. Tip of advice get some bread to throw off the balcony to feed the ducks! Amazing. It was a very peaceful getaway for me and my wife. Will definitely return for future stays at this location in Pigeon Forge.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

20 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2011

Great service, very friendly and helpful staff. Rooms were very clean. Great location, close proximity to everything in pigeon forge. Our balcony had an amazing view of the Smokies. We will definetly be back.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Anderson, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

Our 1st instinct was leave but they were cheaper.Pay the difference!! Here are some reasons-Deadbolts on doors do not work!! Carpet old --Furniture old and not up to date--Trash under bed and behind furniture--filthy.Now the kicker!!__ When we came back from shopping we noticed things were moved but thought we were just being paranoid until the jewelry was missing!! $5000.00 in jewelry gone just like that!! Went to management and they were not enven concerned at all!! When we asked who went in room they said we can't prove anything!!! Should have paid attention to my 1st instinct! Do not stay here--it will cost you more than you know!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Rags80, Manager at River Place Condos, responded to this review, April 25, 2011
This guest came into our office saying someone was in their room and stole some of their jewelry. This was not the case. I asked the guest to file a police report and we would work with them on the issue. They declined to get the police involved and file a report for their missing property. Once a room is rented through our office, there is no one else except for the guest that is in that room until the guest checks out. As for the furnishings of condos I can assure you if a guest is unhappy with a room we would happily change rooms and let them look at multiple condos until they find one they love. Cleanliness of our condos is something we take seriously. Our rooms are cleaned and then looked over by management. If something stands out, we send our cleaning staff back in the room.
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2010

Great place to stay. Everyone with us had an amazing time.

• Stayed June 2010
North central florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2010

We entered the condo and we were shocked to see the loose, dity and wore out carpet that I am sure was left over from 1970's.The furniture wasnt much better, and the tv's were 19 inch old delapitated televisions. we called the manage and requested another unit, he ylled at us and hung up the phone! Later he called back to offer another uniot and we agreed to move the next day. When we first eneterd the unit it was just like the photo, Clean upgraded and decorated very modern. BUT we later found out the TV in living room was busted and would not work, the jaccuzzi did not work, the headboard on the wall was broken off and thrown behind the bed.With large hols hidden behind the pillows. Under the bed was a huge pile of pop tarts and doritos. UGHHHH so much for sterilization. Dont believe the pictures. We told the manager about all the issues and a maintenance man even looked at the tv, but no offer to discount the rate and no new tv was supplied. sucked because there was a bowl game we would have liked to watch together

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
jackson
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2009

My daughter in law is a travel agent and we with some reservations booked this condo unit for our stay over thanksgiving We booked a larger corner unit looking towards the mountains. THe reservationist was very descriptive and sold me on that unit. There were six of us staying when we arrived on Thanksgiving Day arround 11:00 am which when asked is the time were told them we would arrive, There was no one there. There was a note taped on the door to the office with a number to call when we arrived. My daughter - in Law called and was told that we had already checked in....When I told her of course that we had not...she put me on hold them told me that she would have to call me back. After about 10 minutes she called me back and gave me a unit number that was not the one we had reserved. when I questioned this she told me that the one I had booked had a toilet that had overflowed and there was a plumbing problem in that unit so they had to move me. She told me that the door was unlocked and the key was on the table to the unit she gave me. When I walked in to the unit it was extremely small very poorly laid out nothing at all like the unit that I was to be in. On the table was the key and an envelope for a tip for the maid. Could not find any eating utensils then finally found them in the dishwasher which happened to be full of dirty dishes. Went to sit down on the bed and bit my tongue there was not give to the bed at all it was like a board. If you have small children beware....and becareful the bedroom doors lock from the hallway not inside the bedroom. therefore if you are in the bedroom and a child walk by and decided to shut the door and push a button you are now locked in the bedroom with noway out. very dangerous if you have small children. I went to the office the next day to ask about the unit a tell them I was no happy with that unit . I was told that each unit was individually owned there for each was different when I told them this was nto the unit I had booked they told me that I had switched from a twobedroom unit to a one bedroom unit which was not true I was actually in a two bedroom unit...then he told me that I switched from a one bedroom to a two bedroom and this was the only unit that was open....i told him to check again that I had never booked a one bedroom unit...he looked again and I was told that the owner of the unit I was orginally booked in had decided to stay and therefore they took priority over me therefore I was moved... I have been told at least four different lies....who knows the real reason I was not put in the unit I was orginally booked in. When I booked the unit I was told everythign was furnished. There were 5 towel and 5 wash clothes in the unit when I asked for extra towels there told em that I had a washer and dryer that I could was my own towels. of course I did not have any detergent and none was furnished.. I never did find the linens for the sleeper sofa. There was no detergent for the dishwasher that was full of dirty dished. I still do not know why there was a tip envelop for a maid I never seen a maid the entire stay. The walls were so thin that you could hear the person above or next to you sneeze...all night long everytime someone in another unit walked or flushed a toilet you heard the noise. The one plus to the place was that it is in a good location... need to get better customer service. Tell the truth and then you would not have to keep telling more lies to cover up lies. NEED TO FIX BEDROOM DOORS...so that they lock form the inside not outside of bedroom. Will never stay at this location. again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Rags80, Manager at River Place Condos, responded to this review, June 11, 2011
Thanksgiving is a crazy time for us. Our office is not open on Thanksgiving so we make other accommodations for our guest to get into their rooms. As far as booking one of our condos, if there is a request for a certain room we will try our best to put the guest in that room.

However, it does not guarantee they will get the room they request. If a homeowner decides to come into town and we can move the guest to another room we have to do that. (obviously, not after the guest has already checked in)

None of the bedroom doors in the 60 units on property (even the units that are not rented) lock from the outside in. That does not even make sense and I don't know why the reviewer put that.

We do provide dish detergent for our guests and we have laundry detergent that can be purchased from the rental office or the Walgreens that is 2 blocks away.

As far as the tip envelops for our maids, if the room is clean and the guest is happy with the cleanliness of the room then they can leave a tip for our maids that cleaned the room(if they wish, not required) before they checked in. If not, then let the office know about the cleaning issue so we can fix it and don't leave a tip.

The walls between and above/below the units are solid concrete and 2-3 feet thick. I know this because my family built the building. The walls do not seem paper thin and guests cannot hear everything going on in the unit next to them. All the guest would be able to hear is whats going on in their own unit.

Been to River Place Condos? Share your experiences!