“Smoky Mountain Vacation Nostalgia at it's Best!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 37 Shopping in Pigeon Forge
Activities: Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: A trinket hill-billy market place.
3 attraction reviews
“Smoky Mountain Vacation Nostalgia at it's Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2015

This stop is a must when visiting Pigeon Forge! Yes, there are a lot of tacky impractical gifts and knick knacks here that some reviewers absolutely despise, but that's the whole point of this shop! If you were a kid vacationing here in the late 70s and 80s a trip through the front door of Hill-billy Village will send all those memories rushing back! The smell of cedar and leather is something you'll never forget into adulthood! If you want your kids to remember those vacationing memories, take a little time out of your day and visit here. They'll bring their kids here someday...guaranteed!

Visited April 2015

6 attraction reviews
“My favorite in Pigeon Forge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2015

I love everything about the store, the still and the display outback. The kids got a kick out of the outhouse too. There's a reason they have been there 50 yrs. Keep it up so we can all enjoy it.

Ft Gay, Wv
52 attraction reviews
“A blast from the past”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2014

I remembet going here as a kid anf it had not changed a bit!! Just like i remember it 30 years ago!! So glad at least some things never change

Rockingham, North Carolina
7 attraction reviews
“Not worth the stop”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2014

This place has nothing to really look at. It looks like a left over flea market. Was a waste of time.

Visited October 2014
Parma, Ohio, United States
“it is a great tradition”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2014

This gift shop has been there since the 1930's it was the first souvenir shop in the smokies I have been told . The first time I was there 1977 when I was 10 yrs old and kinda forgot about it over the years in 2003 I took my daughter to the Great Smoky Mountains and as I was driving into the smokies and Hillbilly Village caught my eye right away the memories came rushing back and the best part it was exactly the same. When I was a kid I remembered the moonshine still out the back door so we went out there and it was still there man I was like a kid again. My daughter and I go to the Smokies every year and that is the first place we stop and the last we visit before we leave and hope it never goes anywhere I hope the tradition goes on so when my daughter takes her family some day she can have the same family memories and tell her kids how Grampa use to take her there just like her grampa took her dad. For all the people complaining that it is a junk store full of crap then move on there are 100's of the stores you like all over down there that your kids will never remember and plus Hillbilly Village is suppose to be a throw back to a time forgotten that is what makes it special I am sure for many that have been there over the years. I have been there at least 20 times and always find something fun to buy and support the store because I would like to see it last another 90 yrs or more . I have never had a bad experience there never been harassed by the people working there and have noticed the signs that say do not leave cars running I would imagine because it is a open air store and nobody wants to breath in carbon monoxide or the heat off a running car . Well any way if you want to start a great family tradition this might be for you if you are a picky person that doesn't remember life before Iphones then probably not for you......

Visited August 2014