“Nice place for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Creekstone Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4034 River Road South, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863   |
Ranked #26 of 93 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Crandon
“Nice place for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2007

I enjoyed my stay at the Creekstone inn during the month of March. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and I liked the setup of the room - the bathroom separates the two double beds and there is a large vanity with sink & large mirror between the two sides of the room. There was a microwave and refrigerator also, plus hair dryer & coffee maker. However, there is only one TV and if someone were staying on the side nearest the door, they wouldn't be able to see the TV. It's fine for a single or a couple however. I liked the balcony with chairs overlooking the creek too, had a nice soothing sound (every room has a view of the creek). It's one block off the main road so it's near everything but not noisy - however Saturday night it was rather noisy because the place was packed. The price is right - only $45 on Sat. night & $29 on Sunday night - great value for such a nice room. The hotel itself is old & the elevator isn't the greatest, but I've encountered worse places. I travel alot & sometimes stay at really nice places such as the Palmer House Hilton in Chicago, and other times at dumps like the Hotel6. Creekstone Inn is not a dump by far. Two hints, if you turn at Dollywood Lane, it's the very first street on the right, then its down a few blocks, be on the lookout for a very small sign low to the ground right by the office driveway (I missed it the first time, but the street deadends so I only missed it by a block). The office is on the right, the hotel is across the street on your left. On busy nights the upper parking will be full so bypass the first entry & turn left & go to the lower parking lot. Both parking lots are under the building so if it's raining you don't get wet. There are plenty of hotels in Pigeon Forge so if you have a family, try someplace else as the small outdoor pool is across the street. But if you are alone or a couple & don't miss luxury it's fine. The staff is very nice & helpful also.

Stayed March 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Weaverville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2007

I wasn't impressed. The room seemed unclean and had repair problems. I don't know if I would go back.

• Liked — Pool
  • Disliked — Room
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2006

I had read some of the reviews on this hotel and had my doubts but I quickly learned you can't believe all the bad news you here. My family and I had a wonderful stay at this hotel and will definetly make this our hotel of choice when visiting the area. We made our reservation directly through the hotels 800 number and recieved excellent service. Upon arrival the desk clerk was extremely friendly and told us up front if there were any issues to please let them know and they would take care of them for us. (There were none.) The room was very clean and we received a great price when booking. The express breakfast in the morning was a nice ammenity and we ecspecially liked the balcony overlooking the river. This made for a very relaxing evening after a busy day of shopping and amusement attractions. This hotel is also only a block off the main parkway which made it easy to get to everything. We plan on staying there on our trip next year.

• Liked — Very friendly staff, great rates and clean rooms.
  • Disliked — The pool was a little small but still nice.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2006

this was suppose to be a very nice place to stay, so I payed over the phone. It turned out to be very nasty, I was scared to use the covers because there was yellow stains all over them and the toilets were awful, I advice you to not stay there

Stayed June 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2006

The room setup was all wrong the bathroom was in the middle separating the beds and the door opened practically in the face of the one in the bet. The airconditioner was on one side therefore that side was extra cold and the other side was warm There was only one TV on one side of the room which could not be seen from the other bet . The bathroom and sink setup in the middle of the room is all wrong. The rooms were clean and the view over the river was great. Our stay was good except for the room set up

Stayed June 2006
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2006

We found the staff very friendly and outgoing from the moment we arrived. The rooms are older, but it's an older hotel. Our room was clean upon arrival and very comfortable. The balcony was beautiful, but note, the balcony is not private. This wasn't a problem until our final day when more people started to fill into the hotel/motel. Everyone was on their balcony and you could see everyone. The sheets were a bit worn, so was the blanket, but as I said, this is an older hotel. We paid about $40/day which was cheaper than our dinner each night, so it was economical. Now for the BATHROOMS. I've read many posts about the tiny sized bathrooms. Yes, they are very small. If you are a larger person, or even 10 lbs. overweight, this is not the place for you. The beds are divided by the bathroom, so it's almost like having a suite with your own private space. Overall, it was about price for us on this trip so we enjoyed our stay. If you are looking for fancier accomodations this would not be the best place for you.

• Stayed May 2006
Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2006

We stayed at the Creekstone inn at the end of March and were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the room. It was very clean and had a decent view of the river. It was far enough off the main road to have minimal road noise, yet still easy to access. The balconies didn't offer much privacy as they were divided by mesh screens, and as it got closer to the weekend there were lots of loud kids. Otherwise, we really enjoyed our stay and would book again with them gladly.

• Stayed March 2006

Been to Creekstone Inn? Share your experiences!