“Wonderful Place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Creekstone Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4034 River Road South, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863   |
Ranked #26 of 93 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Lucedale, Mississippi
“Wonderful Place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Spent several days at Creekstone Inn & enjoyed it. We had 2 rooms and they made sure we had rooms together. Hotel was very clean, well stocked & very convenient to the main strip. Staff was the nicest I have seen in a long time. Love the view from the balcony. Great pool even tho we never actually got to swim. The only drawback was the elevator, very, very slow but did use the stairs which was healthier anyway. There were 7 of us & had plenty of room & nice TV's which we barely used. I will definitely would choose Creekstone for my next visit. And the price of the 2 rooms for 3 nights was very affordable. Well worth our money. It is true that it is a older hotel & maybe not up to standards compared to the Hlton or River's Edge but all in all we enjoyed our stay & as I said we will choose them again......

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Birmingham, AL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

My husband and I had the opportunity to go to Pigeon Forge kind of at the last minute. All of our usual accommodations had no vacancies, but the Pigeon Forge email I received recommended Creekstone Inn. We had stayed there several years ago and decided it would probably be OK. The facility desperately needs renovations. It was clean, but the beds, though advertised as being queen-size were definitely only doubles. The window AC unit was located in the front window. Because of the divided lay-out of the room, the back bed area received little of the cooling while the front bed area and the sink in the middle were freezing. There is an elevator but it is quite slow. Most of the time, the stairs were faster. Too, the housekeeping crew used the elevator to cart their cleaning supplies up and down the 5 floors. The balcony over the river was nice, but the dividers were just mesh so there was no privacy. Also, the wifi was almost non-existent. The price was acceptable, but we will more than likely not return.

Room Tip: Look for a different facility in this area; there are plenty available!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
SmokyMountainResorts, Guest Relations Manager at Creekstone Inn, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
We're disappointed to learn that your stay at Creekstone Inn was anything less than satisfactory. The concerns you have raised about the elevators and housekeeping have been properly addressed and we are investigating the other problems that you brought to our attention. Rest assured that our mattresses are queen sized and additionally we have suites that have king sized mattresses as well. Thank you for taking time to review our hotel and we hope you will keep us in mind during your next getaway to Pigeon Forge.
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

We recently stayed here on a trip to Dollywood. It was clean, neatly organized, and the staff were very quick to respond to any needs. Very nice room, close to Dollywood and great free breakfast. The pool was nice, except that you had to cross the road to get there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
SmokyMountainResorts, Guest Relations Manager at Creekstone Inn, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Caroline, thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor. We're glad that you enjoyed your accommodations, the service and convenient location at Creekstone Inn and hope you had a fantastic experience at Dollywood. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you during your next vacation in Pigeon Forge.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

The location was very convient,we loved staying by the river...a young girl named dixiana was very nice and helpful like the rest of the staff,loved feeding the ducks and the fact that rooms have the bathroom on the middle so it gives you privacy overall Great Experience...

• Stayed July 2012
We're glad that your experience at Creekstone Inn was an awesome one! Our 'resident ducks' are always happy to see our guests (and we have duck food available at the front desk for only $1.00). We will make sure that Dixianna is recognized for being friendly and helpful to you during your stay. Thank you for reviewing us and we hope you had a great time in the Pigeon Forge area.
Marion
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

This was our first time staying at this hotel. My family (2 girls ages 18 and 14 and husband) had a great time here. The pool was bigger than most pools I have seen in other hotels. It was clean and well maintained. The river was wonderful. Rafting down the river was great and setting out on the balcany and listening to the river was very relaxing. My husband even did a little gold panning, didn't find anything, but he enjoyed playing in the river. The room was very nice and clean; nothing fancy but that was not what we were looking for. Loved the split rooms. I have suggested this hotel to some family memberes who are planning a trip to Pigeon Forge and I myself will stay here again. Very friendly staff ( Cathy and Dixieanna) were nice and made us feel very welcomed.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper end are next to the waterfalls, very relaxing.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Having the river so close by is one of the qualities that our guests love most. We're glad to learn that your family enjoyed tubing and playing in the river. The split room design is ideal for families because it allows for a little privacy and has two televisions. Thank you so much for your compliments on Cathi and Dixianna, and for recommending our hotel to your family. We're looking forward to your next stay!
Georgetown, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We recently travelled to Pigeon Forge, Tn. and stayed at the Creekstone Inn. I researched it on the internet and the reviews made it sound great. The online brochure made it look and sound great. I was sorely diappointed upon arrIval and check in . It is a dated hotel with peeling paint . Where shall I begin? Check in was extremely slow. Then we had to wait for our room to be cleaned. Check in was at 3. We arrived a little after 4. We were surprised at the small size of the rooms. The brochure made it look spacious! You barely had enough room to walk around the bed in one room. The tv in that room must have been a 13 in. You couldn't tell who you were looking at. The bathroom was tiny. A large person would have trouble just closing the door! The first thing I did was to strip the beds to check for unwanted guests. Thankfully there were none. I found the sheets stained and the comforters on both beds were stained with who knows what. I ran into the housekeeper and asked for clean sheets and comforters. I got sheets from him but had to tell the front office that I needed comforters. As we passed the cleaning carts daily, I looked for clean comforters. There were none on the carts! Mini continental breakfast? mini Hostess doughnuts, mini muffins, coffee and juice. We opted for the free pancake breakfast offered at a nearby restaurant. There is only 1 slow elevator and 2 rickety carts. Ice machines only on even numbered floors. Didn't find that out until we were leaving. The highlight of our stay was that we did have a balcony over the river! We weren't the only disappointed guests. Several people I talked with said they too were disappointed by the hotel. It looked so much better on the internet. I heard more than one say"I won't be coming back". I know I certainly won't be and I won't be visiting any of the other Smoky Mountain Resort Hotels either.
Unhappy Kentuckian

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
SmokyMountainResorts, Guest Relations Manager at Creekstone Inn, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
We are disappointed to learn of your unsatisfactory stay. Please rest assured that we are investigating the concerns you have raised and will properly address them. We strive for 100% guest satisfaction and an experience such as the one you described is not typical of Creekstone Inn. We hope to speak to you personally to acquire details regarding your stay such as room number, date of stay and the websites that you are referring to. We would very much like to get a second chance at making your getaway to the Smoky Mountains a wonderful one.
Jefferson, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I arrived at the Creekstone on Monday July 23rd. First of all, I got there before check in time, and they had a room ready..I was impressed! Once I got up to my room within 15 mintues the front desk called to make sure that the room was ok with me or if I had any needs... very nice! The room was nice, clean and roomy for my party of 3. Maintenance helped us with our every need (the remotes were missing in the room, and on the second day my door wouldnt lock, he fixed both issues in less than 5 minutes), The only bad thing that I have to say there is only one elevator, and it is really slow and small, other than that I highly recomend this hotel!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Your willingness to share your experience at Creekstone Inn is greatly appreciated. Our staff takes pride in delivering prompt service to our guests and we're pleased to learn that you received just that from our front desk and maintenance personnel. Thanks again for reviewing our hotel and for recommending us to others. We hope to see you again soon!

Been to Creekstone Inn? Share your experiences!