“Not what I expected” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites at Dollywood Lane

You added Quality Inn & Suites at Dollywood Lane to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites at Dollywood Lane
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3756 Parkway, Traffic Light # 8, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863 (Formerly Mcafee Motor Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #25 of 93 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Not what I expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I just returned from staying at this hotel and when I first walked in the room I was a little disappointed. It needs to be updated all the way around with the exception of the flat screen T.V. I had a suite which had a Jacuzzi in it and it was dirty. After I filled the tub up, I realized it had slimy particles and hair in it. Totally gross!!! I went and spoke to the front desk personnel and they were nice and sent someone up to clean it. I didn't try using it anymore because the first time grossed me out. Next time we go to Pigeon Forge we will not stay here. Also, the front door was all dented up and the seal was broken from the door knob down. However, after the second time I reported it they did fix it. It states it has an indoor pool but it is really in the neighboring Comfort Inn hotel. Therefore, it was really crowded and small. The hot tub was nice though. The outdoor pool appeared to be really nice for families also.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Laura A, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites at Dollywood Lane, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
JMNA22,
Thank you for staying at Quality Inn at Dollywood Lane. We are very sorry to hear about your experience. As we are currently updating units, and are working diligently to ensure we exceed our guest expectations. We are happy to hear that the housekeeping was able to correct the issue with the tub, and apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced. Our doors are exterior doors, and are exposed to the elements, which can take a toll on our doors. We do share our outdoor pool with our sister property, Comfort Inn and Suites and in turn, they share their indoor pool with us. We truly hope you will try us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Loganville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

I love the room, I like the pool & the staff is very helpful & pleasant. However we just returned from a show & there is no parking. I had to park 2 business over. I never would have guessed the parking situation was this bad when we left. But all in all I'd stay here again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Laura A, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites at Dollywood Lane, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Ofcmac,

Thank you so much for your review of Quality Inn at Dollywood Lane. We are do share parking with our sister hotel Comfort Inn at Dollywood Lane, in order to provide the maximum in parking. We are so happy that you found everything to your liking, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Have to say i wanted to stay in a campground i had booked at shadyoaks. i wanted to see if it got any better.NOT. so i stayed in the hotel. got to say it was way comfortable. i met a very nice lady for breakfast, her name was edna. she had made a great bisquit n gravy. she greeted me with a great attitude. stay here its worth it. the rooms were clean n front desk was helpful.

• Stayed March 2013
Laura A, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites at Dollywood Lane, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
secretshopperinpf,

Thank you for your review, we are so happy you took a chance on us. So glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to have you back again soon.
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This property sounds a lot better in the reviews than it is. There are smoking areas along the balconies so although the rooms are non-smoking, you are exposed to the smoke and stink anyway. The facility was OK, the breakfast was better than most (had biscuits, and sausage gravy in addition to the regular fare of eggs, cereal, and toast), but we were unable to change our three day reservation without a big rate increase in order to pay on separate credit cards. The local people said I must contact the 1-800 number to do this and the 1-800 number people said that was up to the local manager (who was not ever available). There are NO rooms that face the trees or the hills because the backs of the rooms have no windows. The floor in the room was extremely gritty and dirty.

Room Tip: Might want to ask for a room near the elevator since there's only one. Don't depend on what...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Room was very clean, staff was very nice and it was close to attractions and shopping. It had a restaurant right on the property, which made it easy to grab a quick meal without driving somewhere because the traffic was horrible.
We were on the third floor but there was an elevator so we didn't have to carry everything up stairs - thank goodness!
We had the option of using the indoor swimming pool at the hotel next to the property but it was freezing to us Floridians so we didn't use it but we did see several people in it each day.
There was plenty of parking and even though it was on a busy road, it was not noisy at all.

Room Tip: If you are traveling in the colder months and interested in using the heated swimming pool next door...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
LauraA3756, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites at Dollywood Lane, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind remarks. We are so happy you found Quality Inn at Dollywood Lane to your liking. We hope that you will consider us for all your future stays in Pigeon Forge.
Grundy, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I've stayed here several times and have enjoyed it for the most part. After checking in, the front desk usually calls your room within 20 minutes to see if there is anything they can do for you. I highly recommend getting a suite especially if you have more than 3 people in your group. The bathrooms are huge and the whirlpool jet tub is awesome. Plus you get a fireplace and sofa with a suite. The rooms are always very clean. The location of the hotel is a huge plus for me. It's right across the street from Dollywood, which is always the highlight of my family's visits. It's also nice to be able to walk across the road to Dixie Stampede for a great show and meal and then walk back without having to fight the traffic. Denny's is next door as well. The last couple of visits I've noticed the rates have increased a ton. The last stay was around $120 per night and thats during the winter season when the outdoor pool and hot tub are shut down obviously. You can use the indoor pool and hot tub next door at the Comfort Inn but it gets very crowded especially during the cold months. When in season, the outdoor pool and hot tub Quality Inn provides are very nice. There's a small children's play section where they can step in a foot of water and run under a series of water fountains and other water sprayers. Shoot it's fun for the adults too. lol. I feel like the rate should be around $90 per night at the most considering the room, breakfast, amenities, etc. They were booked up during my stay on December 28, 2012. So if they're actually renting out all the rooms at $120 a night, I'd keep charging that much too! It was very noisy during my last stay but that is expected when all 125 rooms have been booked. The WIFI has not worked the last couple times I've stayed. I guess everyone was trying to connect at the same time. But I have 3G on my iPhone so I can have Internet access that way so not a big deal.The breakfast is not very good in my opinion. My father and wife enjoy it though so everyone has their own opinion with food obviously. The biscuits are frozen and could use an extra minute or two in the oven. The gravy is awful. I guess by being a southern man I've had my share of excellent gravy and this is not it. Again only my opinion but my wife and father enjoy it. The make it yourself waffles are great as well as the fresh donuts and danishes. Be prepared to take your food back to your room because seating is very very limited. The standard rooms are okay but if that is what you want then I'd recommend you stay at Mountain Aire Motor Inn instead. Mountain Aire is half the price and their standard rooms are nearly the same as Quality Inn. Mountain Aire is very clean but they don't have breakfast, hot tub, only an outdoor pool is available (no indoor). When staying at Quality Inn, I highly recommend you bring your own pillows!!! Their pillows are small, square shaped. The water pressure in the showers are okay but the water sometimes will suddenly get very hot (or cold) for a second and then go back to normal.

Overall, I do enjoy the hotel. The location, the suites, pools & hot tubs, are great. But if I'm going for a quick trip to Pigeon Forge for a day or two and I want to cut back on costs, I tend to stay at Mountain Aire instead. Like I said, Mountain Aire does not offer breakfast or a hot tub but I can live without those two things when the nightly rate is only around $50. When I have extra money to spend and I want the luxury of the hot tubs, larger suite, the great location, the breakfast for my father and wife, then I stay at this Quality Inn.

Room Tip: Definately get a suite!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Blacksburg, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

The size of the king suite was nice. My favorite thing about this room was the gas fireplace with couch sitting area. This suite also has a huge whirlpool tub in a rather large bathroom. I was really disappointed with the decor, because the room has a plain standard hotel look (other than the smoky mountain map over the fireplace).Be sure to get the suite with a fireplace, if you’re looking for any kind of “mountain feel” in the room. This hotel as a whole seemed to be in good condition and clean. There is an indoor pool you can use, but it is located in the hotel next door. I would say for the money this is a good "middle of the road" hotel.

Room Tip: Be sure to get the suite with a fireplace, if you’re looking for any kind of “mountain feel” in the...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn & Suites at Dollywood Lane? Share your experiences!