“Nice room but very unprofessional management” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Cherokee Lodge Condos

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pigeon Forge
Cherokee Lodge Condos
You added Cherokee Lodge Condos to your Saves list
3415 Teaster Lane, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863   |
Knoxville
“Nice room but very unprofessional management”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2009

Yes, the rooms are very nice and well decorated, but we will leave it at that. Upon arriving for our anniversary at 3:30, check-in is at 3 pm mind you, staff allowed us to check-in when the room was not even cleaned. We took the elevator to our condo and the door was open with a garbage can sitting outside. We approached the management staff about the room not being ready to stay in. They did send whom I assume is their head maid right away but the young lady spoke very little english and said you can come on in and I will be done in a minute. She proceeded to the fridge, cleaned out a sour cream container and other food, ran what appeared to be a swiffer at the front door, and said I think they are done and shut the door. They were far from done! Food crumbs were all up and down the hall with garbage and paper towels in the closets. We stopped looking at the condo right there and went back to the front desk. This is where the experience got really bad. The manager said they would get the room cleaned but advised it was not ready to check-in yet but it will be....THEN WHY DID YOU GIVE ME THE KEYS TO THE CONDO??!! She then said to give her a break, "It's July and we had 40 rooms to clean today"...WHAT?? Mind everyone the words, "I am sorry" or "I apologize" have not escaped the managers mouth one time. We were then told "I don't know what you want me to do, you can sit by our pool while we finish cleaning but I am not going to promise you that it will be done within a half hour"....this was probably the straw that broke the camels back....what do we want you to do???... Have the room cleaned by check-in time, have a little apathy, heck apologize!

We did get our money back and found another condo in the Pigeon Forge area that is twice as nice as the Cherokee Lodge and is located off the parkway with a balcony overlooking the Little Pigeon River....ahh very peaceful and romantic.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2009

Positive: The room has a great plan with updated furnishings. The pictures on the cherokee lodge website look just like the room, which was very comfortable and accommodating to singles and families.

Negative: At check-in the front desk staff person was not very friendly. She seemed to just want us to check in and get out of the office (even though it was not busy). I asked 2 questions (where the exercise room was and where our unit ws located) and she seemed very bothered that I was taking time away from her day. We then went to our room and the cleaning person was still in there. This was not too big of a problem, although we finally got in our room at 3:30). Once I got into our room I discovered a half-eaten oreo cookie lying in a kithchen drawer. The next morning when I went to make coffee I discovered leftover coffee in the coffee maker and all of our mugs in the cupboards had lipstick on them from the previous tennant. I called the front desk and asked if they had additional mugs, explaining the lipstick situation and the clerk said no, and was not apologetic at all.

If the service would have been better I would have recommended this place. However, the rude front desk staff brought the scores down. Also, the unit we were in (the first level) faced the road and our bedroom was extremely loud from the traffic. The amenities are limited (as advertised) and include a small pool, an exercise room (1 elliptical, 1 treadmill), and high-speed internet. The lack of amenities did not bother me because I was not planning on utilizing them much. Again, what did bother me was the service staff and small parking lot (spaces were difficult to find at night).

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Morgan City, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2009

Just got back and loved the Condo! Clean with alot of space. Perfect for family of 4 for the two bedroom. About 2 blocks from the Old Mill and about 5 blocks from the strip. The kids loved the pool and water slide. Would go Back!! Thnak You Cherokee Lodge!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2009

The last time we visited TN (in Nov.) we stayed at Whispering Pines Condo's, which is our absolute favorite place to stay!;However, from the balcony of our trip we noticed the "CHEROKEE LODGE Building", we went to the office to view the rooms but it was closed. So we just recently visited Pigeon Forge again this past weekend with our brother and sister in-law (experienced a cabin), and while we visited I was able to go to "CHEROKEE LODGE" and view one of their condo's.. VERY NICE, VERY CLEAN! I was really surpised, they look exactly like the internet site! The only downfall to this condo, is their pool area isn't near as big as we are use too, and this might be a problem especially during vacation months (very crowded). But I would def., like to try this place out, to see if tops Whispering Pines.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
Clinton, Tn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2009

This was a new place for my family and I. It was fabulous!
The accomodations are wonderful. Love the furniture, kids
(ages 5 and 8) loved the hot tub and the outdoor pool. The location is great. We did some shopping at the malls; ate out and cooked
inside the condo. The kitchen is well stocked with dishes, and cooking utensils. Visited with friends had a great view of the mountains- even found Mt. Leconte with our binoculars!

• Liked — Comfortable furniture.
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Cherokee Lodge Condos? Share your experiences!