“Great food but the hostess and manager were having a bad night” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Family Fare
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Dessert
Abbeville, South Carolina
“Great food but the hostess and manager were having a bad night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We went to supper late and breakfast sounded great to our group of 7. The hostess wasn't delighted to see us...and after first starting to seat us at a table that didn't have enough places she moved us over to a larger table. She did wipe off the bench seat for us, it wasn't totally clean, but she wasn't real happy about it. Now to the great part of our meal...the food was excellent. We all had pancakes, bacon, eggs; the usual breakfast fare and everything came out hot and tasty. Our server was very friendly and kept our drinks filled. To conclude our meal, well things went downhill as the hostess/cashier didn't want to take a coupon that we had. She went to get the manager, who was also ugly about the coupon, but did eventually give us credit for the coupon. I know everyone has a bad day, but if you are going to be in the food/hospitality industry you've got to lose the attitudes. If you want really good breakfast food with friendly waitresses, go to IHOP. Hopefully the cashier and manager will be in better moods....

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Danville, United States
“Great service, great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My waitress was truly exceptional. The people of Pigeon Forge tend to be nice, but Diane was friendly without being intrusive and was funny! The food was pretty in presentation, and was quite tasty. I had a half-size portion of the new berry and cream waffles with scrambled eggs and bacon. If I had a complaint, I have to admit that I just didn't care for the bacon. The waffles, however, were so good that I returned the next day for the full-size portion.

Visited July 2013
Palm Harbor, FL
“Wouldn't recommend IHOP”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We were looking to have a late breakfast (1130) so we decided to stop in at IHOP. We were promptly seated to a dirty table that you could easily see wasn't wiped off, so we asked the waitress to clean it off. The waitress was very friendly, but service was rather slow. It took about 10 minutes before we even got coffee. What bothered me the most was the sloppiness of the cooking. We both ordered different omelettes, yet mine apparently came partly with my girlfriends ingredients, meaning that the cook didn't separate them far enough on his grill. It's not that big of a deal, but it's just sloppy. I would recommend to get get breakfast elsewhere.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Dandridge, Tennessee
“The best IHOP I've been to.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We decided to stop because we had finicky eaters and wanted a variety. They had a huge menu and it was not hard for everyone to find just what we wanted. We had a great server, Bobby, and he mad recommendations that were on point. We had an eclectic order, from chicken and waffles to quesadillas. The food was excellent and Bobby made sure we had everything we needed. I've eaten at several IHOPs, but this one beat them hands down. I would have to say that this is one of the best places I've eaten in Pigeon Forge.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brandenburg, Kentucky
“IHOP Still The Best Breakfast in Pigeon Forge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

The Jelly Pancakes were outstanding, like eating the very best jelly doughnuts. Our service was great, hostess greeted us with a smile, we were quickly seated, our orders quickly taken and delivered and coffee refills were plenty. A very nice family meal.

• Visited June 2013