“Great Slaw!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Huck Finn's Catfish

Huck Finn's Catfish
3330 Parkway, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863 (Formerly Huck Finn's Catfish)
+1 865-429-3353
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 144 Restaurants in Pigeon Forge
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Welcome to Huck Finn's Catfish Restaurant. We are a family owned & operated restaurant established in 1995, with over 50 years of restaurant experience.Located in the heart of Pigeon Forge, between traffic lights #6 & #7, we always strive to provide delicious food, reasonable prices, friendly & efficient service, in a fun & laid back atmosphere. We even have Live Music.We are famous for our ALL 'U CAN EAT CATFISH & CHICKEN DINNERS. We serve only pond-raised, grain fed, Mississippi Catfish. Catfish that is certified by the U.S. Catfish Institute. We serve over 50 tons of boneless fillets annually. We were honored to have been awarded BEST CATFISH IN EAST TENNESSEE, by Tennessee Magazine three years in a row.
Birmingham, Alabama
“Great Slaw!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Good atmosphere, service, and food. Fast and friendly staff. Immediately serviced beans, hush puppies, and slaw. The Slaw will make you slap your Mama!

“Nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Stopped in for dinner and found the catfish and sides to be okay but nothing great. I cook much better catfish myself. Did have live music that night, which was nice. All and all though, it is just okay. Average service as well. Probably not some place I'd be inclined to go back to.

Abingdon, Virginia
“Yummy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I was so hungry after a full day of exploring. The chicken fried chicken was right up my alley. The portions were just right.

Visited April 2014
Lincoln, NE
“Decent Food, Fast Service, Down-Home Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

After eating catfish at another restaurant in the area, I tried Huck Finn on some locals' recommendations. I found the down-home atmosphere just fine - the ceilings are made of plywood, but the rest of the décor is very folksy and appropriate to the Pigeon Forge area. I was quickly seated, and my waitress showed up immediately and took good care of me for most of my visit. If you're looking for an alcoholic beverage (e.g. beer), this is not the place - all the restaurant's drinks are the non-alcoholic variety. When I ordered the "all-you-can-eat" catfish platter, my waitress promptly brought out the "bottomless vittles" starter of a pickle, an onion, cole slaw, hush puppies, and white beans/ham. I also ordered a side of okra (extra). The food came out very quickly, and I ended up ordering more catfish later. Although the catfish was good, it wasn't great - the catfish I had at another area restaurant (on Douglas Lake) was more tender and flakier, but Huck Finn's catfish is still good. Although my waitress started quickly, later in my visit when I asked for some hot sauce, she said she'd bring it but by the time she brought some I'd gotten up and picked up a bottle from another, recently vacated table. Plus, she must not have noticed I'd finished my diet Pepsi and she never offered to refill it. All in all, a very good experience, but if this is typical, don't expect the very best catfish as it's not as tender and flaky as that I've had elsewhere.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Siler City, North Carolina
“Very Happy.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I had wanted to try Huck Finn's for awhile and finally got the chance. Catfish and fried chicken were great! My 4 yr. old grandson loved the catfish strips and cleaned his plate. We also loved the endless "vittles" of while beans, and cole slaw. The hushpuppies were awesome too.

• Visited July 2014