“Very good food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Huck Finn's Catfish

Huck Finn's Catfish
3330 Parkway, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863 (Formerly Huck Finn's Catfish)
+1 865-429-3353
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 144 Restaurants in Pigeon Forge
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Welcome to Huck Finn's Catfish Restaurant. We are a family owned & operated restaurant established in 1995, with over 50 years of restaurant experience.Located in the heart of Pigeon Forge, between traffic lights #6 & #7, we always strive to provide delicious food, reasonable prices, friendly & efficient service, in a fun & laid back atmosphere. We even have Live Music.We are famous for our ALL 'U CAN EAT CATFISH & CHICKEN DINNERS. We serve only pond-raised, grain fed, Mississippi Catfish. Catfish that is certified by the U.S. Catfish Institute. We serve over 50 tons of boneless fillets annually. We were honored to have been awarded BEST CATFISH IN EAST TENNESSEE, by Tennessee Magazine three years in a row.
“Very good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

The food was quite good. Service was pretty good. Portions were big! I made a meal just off the vittles (white beans, cole slaw, and hush puppies)!

“What took me so long?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My family and I have been coming to the Smokies and to Pigeon a forge for as long as I can remember. My question is... What took me so long to try this place? We went on our recent trip based on recommendations from friends. I chose it for my birthday dinner and boy am I glad I did! We visited during lunch. I ordered the 2 piece fried chicken dinner and added on a couple of catfish fillets. My husband ordered the catfish sandwich and my son got the chicken fingers and fries. We were all impressed! My son always treats his fries as the main dish and the meat as a side so he didn't eat much of the chicken but I sampled it and I thought they were the best chicken strips I had ever eaten. The seasoning on the fried chicken was perfect. The catfish was mild and and flaky. My husband couldn't say enough in regards to how much he enjoyed his sandwich. I have to say that I tend to gravitate toward bone in fried chicken and this was the best I have had at any restaurant anywhere! Then vittles they bring out are great! Hush puppies, onions and pickles, cole slaw, and beans... Yum-oh! My husband doesn't even like "soup beans" but he liked the ones that were served.

There are other options available if this isn't your "thing." Give it a try! You won't be disappointed.

Our bill was around $30, maybe $33.. But that also included soft drinks and dessert. The lunch specials are a great value and you can also enjoy the all you can eat catfish, chicken, or a mix of both. For all you can eat at right around $16 per person, it will easily beat any buffet in the area.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Springdale
“a little seasoning would have made it perfect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Husband and I ordered the all you can eat catfish

The "vittles" beans, slaw, onion...was a nice start.

The catfish arrived without much of a wait.
We liked it well. I thought the breading could use more seasoning, it seemed a bit bland.

Waiter was attentive. He did become busy just after we arrived. However, he was able to keep up with us and our refills of catfish fillets.

I don't remember much about the fries that came with the meal. I guess they were average.

We will go back. We've been coming to the smokies for the past 21 years as a couple...40+ years for myself. LOTS of changes over the years. I'm sure we will come back in the next few years.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Favorite in PF”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband has family in nearby Townsend, so we visit often. We always make sure to hit up Huck Fins when we are in town. The environment is roadhouse style with fun and energetic servers. I always just get the Unlimited Fixin's which are $6.99 for all you can eat Baked White Beans & Turkey Ham, Coleslaw, Hush puppies, Dill Pickles & Sweet Onion Slices and either Fries or Homemade Mashed Potatoes & Gravy. The coleslaw and hush puppies are to die for. My husband gets the catfish dinner which is four boneless catfish fillets with fries and the fix-ins. It is so good, don't pass it up!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
indiana
“All you can eat catfish and unlimited sides!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

This fun filled atmosphere with great servers, great food and a family establishment! As soon as you sit down you are given smoked bean bowl, fresh hush puppies , coleslaw and I may be missing something but they're all extremely fresh and delish and remember those are free refills! The drinks are massive canning jars ! They have a roll of paper at every table. I always get the unlimited catfish for I think 15.00! The okra and alligator bites were great. Most of the stuff on the menu is simple seafood like shrimp, clams etc. just FYI there is a person outside trying to sell adventure stuff.