“Good but expensive” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #32 of 145 Restaurants in Pigeon Forge
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dessert, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Franklin, North Carolina
“Good but expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

We ate at Alamo last night. Stuffed mushrooms were delicious. I ordered petit filet medium and it came more like medium well, but it had delicious in flavor. My husband ordered porterhouse rare and it came out over cooked as well, medium rare+ in filet part even medium. Over all food was good but too expensive. Service was friendly and very attentive. Our glasses were never empty. Possibility of dining at Alamo again-maybe.

Clayton, OH
“Good food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

We visit Pigeon Forge several times a year to see family. Alamo is one of our favorites - always have great service and great food there!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saint Augustine, Florida
“Expensive and Bland”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

My daughter & I ordered the only hamburger on the menu to share & it was more than we could eat. Huge but not real flavorful. It was a bit too expensive for me.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Not a good visit at all”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

we arrived at 5:45 and there was a 20 minute wait. many many sweats were available but they were clearly understaffed. when we were seated server took our drink order and food order, and 15 minutes later we still had no drinks. when the server walked by he asked if we needed any thing and said do you need refills and we replied yes we do and if you can bring the drinks too because we never received any. He then stated your food will be right out. server came by the table again and said your food will be right out, I then said are we going to get our salads and he stated they will be right out. after receiving the salad our dinner followed 3 minutes later. what a joke. Everything we ordered was pre-prepaired. I ordered pork chops 1 warm and moist , the other cold and dry. soggy fries, wife and daughter had terri chicken , not even grilled it was like it was boiled with sauce dumped on it, with cold pineapple rings. mac and cheese was soup and we were informed it was dumped out of the bag to soon. real quality for a high end restaurant. Do not order the blue berry cheese cake. its a science project. the blueberry topping was so old and hard its popped off the cheese cake when forked.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Kelly J, Owner at Alamo Steakhouse, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
I am very sorry to read about your visit to the Alamo. I am not sure what happened with your pork chops and teriyaki chicken, but I can ASSURE You that nothing is precooked. Everything is cooked fresh to order. Clearly something fell apart with your service and I want to apologize for that. We strive for excellent food and service and we missed the mark with you. Thanks for the feedback.
Louisville, Kentucky
“Outstanding food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

The wedge salad is the best salad that I have ever had - anywhere. The combination of blue cheese and Catalina dressings really make it. My wife and I come here at least once during our visits to the Smoky Mountains.

The steaks are great and very well cooked. We have never had one that is less than prefect.

This experience was just as good.

On this trip we found out that the same owners also have three other restaurants. We enjoyed the Mama's Farmhouse and Bennett's Pit Barbecue. The Big Daddy's Pizza was not that good.

• Visited October 2013