“great if you enjoy the taste of charcoal” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #32 of 145 Restaurants in Pigeon Forge
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bridgeport, Illinois
“great if you enjoy the taste of charcoal”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My family and I ate supper at the Alamo on our last night in Pigeon Forge 7/18/2013. After eating mouthwatering food at Bennett's and Big Daddys's which are owned by the same family as the Alamo, we were eagerly anticipating mouthwatering steaks as well. We were very sadly disappointed...

My husband, oldest daughter, and I all ordered various cuts of steak. While they were very tender, cooked to order, and juicy, all we could taste was the flavor of charcoal. Apparently they do not season anything at all as the steak and the Alamo potatoes were pretty well flavorless.

I should have complained to our waitress, who was FANTASTIC, but didn't because she was so great, and the food prep was not her fault.

The salad I had, and my youngest daughter's grilled cheese appeared to be the best tasting food that was put on our table.

The meal was definitely not worth the $80+ dollars we paid for it, and we left the restaraunt deeply disappointed and wishing we had gone to one of the other steak houses in town. I normally do not tell friends and family to avoid restaraunts, and only speak of the great experiences I have, but I have warned them to stay away from the Alamo if they ever make the 8 hour drive to Pigeon Forge.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Kelly J, Owner at Alamo Steakhouse, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thanks so much for your comments. Let me start by thanking you for the kind words about Bennett's and Big Daddy's and everything at the Alamo except the flavor of the steaks. Now to the problem...We do not use ANY charcoal at Alamo, everything is cooked over an open oak fire, so the steak SHOULD taste delicious. We do season the steaks as well, so the combination of the two things is yummy. I apologize that your steak missed the mark and only hope that you told your fantastic server as she would have gotten you something else off the menu immediately. Thanks for your comments.

Chesterfield, Virginia
“Great Steaks - cooked to perfection!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

While in Pigeon Forge, we stopped in at the Alamo Steakhouse for lunch. Wide selection on the menu, but my wife and I opted for the steaks. Good choice! Fork tender. Waitstaff were friendly and eager to serve our needs. They have several lunch selections under $10.00. Most of the folks there seemed to be locals the day we visited.

Visited July 2013
“Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

My wife and I both had stomach surgery and explained it to server he told us not to worry we should just order one entree and split it. We did he brought two settings out and we I'm enjoyed dinner. Streak was fantastic and do was salad. The server made the dinner. His name was Keith great job

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Tourist Trap!!! Avoid!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

The best part of the meal was the salad. The steaks were horrible. My NY strip was rubbery and tough. My daughter got the filet and it was rubbery as well. They say they are cut in house, but they seemed like they were those frozen prepackaged steaks. Not good and WAY overpriced!!!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Kelly J, Owner at Alamo Steakhouse, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
I am sorry to read you didn't enjoy your steak. I can assure you your steak was not pre-cut or frozen. We cut each steak in house, season it, and cook it over an oak fire grill. I am not sure what led to your steak tasting rubbery, but I do want to apologize. We are always striving for perfection, and we use all comments to help us get there.
“Not bad for a Pigeon Forge steakhouse”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

My wife and I had an early dinner at Alamo. Many of our local friends told us that it was a good steakhouse, and it was. I had the ribeye and my wife had the strip steak with garlic butter.
The best part of my meal was the salad-wedge with bleu cheese & Catalina dressing with bacon and red onions. Both of us ordered our steaks "medium" and they were cooked correctly, although I would have appreciated my steak cooked at a higher heat for a shorter time to achieve a charred affect. I also had the grilled mushrooms and onions with my steak. I don't recommend them. The service was very good. Overall, It was okay for this very touristy area. I felt it was a little pricy.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere