“A must do for teens!” 5 of 5 stars

Columbus, Ohio
9 attraction reviews
“A must do for teens!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My son wasn't really into the family vacation idea this summer. I handed him a brochure of things to do around Gatlinburg and left him to read. One thing that he immediately was excited about (and made him want to go to TN!) was indoor skydiving.

I am usually value conscious and would not normally consider paying $30+ for 3 minutes of an activity. However, if that's what it would take to get our family vacation off to a good start, so be it.

My son loved Flyaway so much, I volunteered to take him back the next day to do it again! The 2nd trip is around $22, so a better value.

Be prepared for it to be hot & loud....but what a small price to pay for the sensation of flying.

Ankeny, Iowa
48 attraction reviews
“Absolutely Awesome Experience - Great for teenagers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We had an absolutely wonderful experience as first time indoor skydiving participants. I took part along with my three teenage children. We all had a blast, and my two sons were naturals and got the hang of it quickly. I did not do as well, but it was a great experience to do this with my kids.

If you have a group of 3 or more, I would highly recommend paying the $155 to get a five minute private session for your group. You get 15 minutes to split up among up to 5 participants for that price, and you get the DVD thrown in ($16 charge otherwise).

Our instructor Mark was great. I can't say we were all the best students, but he was patient with us all trying to help us do better each time. Good clean family fun that you don't want to miss while staying in Pigeon Forge.

Arkansas
14 attraction reviews
“Pricey, but great fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Due to the high price, without someone else paying for it then my kids wouldn't have gotten to do this, but OH MY they had SO MUCH FUN!! Honestly, it was such a great experience that I will put this in the budget for our next trip. The instructor was great with the kids and really enhanced the experience, too. We were the last group of the day on an 80 degree day in May and asked about how warm it was in the wind tunnel and if it was due to the outside temperature. We were told that it had much more to do with how much the fan engine had been run that day than outside temp, so I would highly recommend going early in the day, especially during the hot summer months!! We had 4 kids, ages 9, 11, 12, and 13, who tried this and all loved it. I was very glad to have the ability to watch and take pictures and videos! Although the flying time is short, allow at least an hour for filling out paperwork, going thru training, suiting up, and then the fun part.

Visited May 2013
8 attraction reviews
“Lots of fun but too short for the price.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

It was an absolute blast for 3 minutes, but I really wanted a longer ride for the $35 charged. No real sights because its indoor. The air in the room was too warm. We were dripping sweat when we left.

CMH
26 attraction reviews
“truly loved it... should do it !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

even though it was an indoor sky diving experience it was worth every penny. Our instructor was awesome.. he helped us do flips, balancing acts like we were professional during the sky diving experience. Our group of 5 enjoyed it thoroughly so if we haven't done it and are not sure of doing the real thing.. this is totally worth trying... !!

Visited May 2013