“Great Time in the Smokies!” 4 of 5 stars

RiverStone Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   212 Dollywood Lane, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863   |
Hotel deals
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great Time in the Smokies!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2011

We arrived at River Stone Resort on Feb. 9-11 for a mini vacation. First of all the Resort is beautiful! Hope to return in warmer weather so we can enjoy the lazy river and golf course. Check in was very slow, but there was only one person working and he was on the phone when we arrived. Next the Spa is only OK! First thing I arrived 15minutes before my scheduled appointment just as requested. I filled out my paper work and was never asked about payment. Then i was hurried along into a nice little waiting area, where I was not offered a rope, slippers, locker nothing but water and was pointed to the bathroom. I was a little taken back by this, However when my 180 minute massage started all those small things were long forgotten. Jason my (masseuse) was wonderful! Next thing the spa automatically charges a 20% gratuity they say as a "convenience" to customer, but i didn't think so. I would have preferred to make that decision on my own as I am very sure most would. After my massage I was given a bottle of water and out the door I went, to my surprise when i return back to our room the spa had already called about there payment asking my husband how was I going to pay? I would have assumed just as they did about the 20% gratuity that I would automatically be charged for my "convenience" of course. Over all the resort is very nice, but i believe they should advertise as offering Spa Services and not as a Resort & Spa. This may sound a little caddy, but also there was know pay per view or movie channels and I thought that was a bit odd, since we were in the mountains in the snow. I mean there is only so much "alone time" you can do in a day! LOL!!! Over all our experience was nice and we would recommend this resort for a short trip away.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
rivergm, General Manager at RiverStone Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 22, 2011
We are committed to providing each of our guests with a great Spa experience and overall enjoyable stay at RiverStone. Our mission is to exceed the expectations of our guests. We will continue to evaluate our procedures and make changes as needed to ensure our guests are completely satisfied when staying with us at RiverStone Resort & Spa.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Signal Mountain, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

My wife and I LOVE Riverstone!! We stay there in the winter/summer/fall and it is always great! We are so spoiled we hate having to stay anywhere else when they are booked up! Wish we could just buy one and visit every weekend! Dont hesitate to stay here!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
BettyJo10, Manager at RiverStone Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 17, 2011
Thank you for choosing Riverstone Resort & Spa time and time again. We look forward to your next visit and if you are interested in purchasing one of our upscale luxury condos, do not hesitate our real estate department @ 1-800-628-9073.
Walling, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

After checking in to he rustic cabin we rented for our family Christmas retreat, we quickly discovered that it had no water. The rental company had no other lodging, and no repairmen available on Christmas Eve (which is understandable). So, at 7 pm on Christmas Eve we were driving around Pigeon Forge looking for a condo or at least a suite with a kitchenette. We drove by Riverstone and we rented their last 3 bedroom condo. Everything was awesome. The check in was quick, the garage parking and unloading was easy, the staff was friendly and helpful, the condo was lovely and faced the golf course. We went from frazzled and disappointed to comfy and delighted in no time. The snow arrived and when we arose Christmas morning, my mother has the fire going, the coffee made and is looking out on a postcard view of a snowscene. She proclaimed "it's the best Christmas ever". The facility is very very nice. The pool area is beautiful and open 24x7, the maintainance staff is also available 24x7. We did have to call on Christmas day for someone to check our diswasher; he was there within minutes, the repair made within minutes. We realized after arriving back home, that I had left some dishes in the dishwasher. I called, they found them , and have a service that will return items to you. The thing I liked best after the courteous and helpful staff, was the fact that the facility is so located that you feel like you are in a very private location. If you know anything about Pigeon Forge, private is not a word you would associate with it. We will definitey stay at Riverstone again. I am thinking that after a day of visiting all the attractions in the area, that coming "home" to Riverstone would be just perfect .

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to spend the Christmas Holidays at Riverstone Resort & Spa. We are delighted that you have shared your wonderful experience with other readers. We look forward
to having you and your family stay with us again.
Perkasie, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

My husband and I were here for Thanksgiving week this year. We had a one-bedroom condo overlooking the river in Building #4. This was our first experience in renting a condo so we didn't know what to expect. The check-in was fast and efficient and we were pleasantly surprised with the condo. The kitchen was fully stocked with dishes, etc. so it was easy to have a few meals there which was cost saving for us. Everything was clean and spotless when we arrived. The view of the river was very peaceful when we sat on the balcony. The only thing I wish we had was wireless internet. We had to go get an ethernet cable to get on the internet but once we were connected, there was no problem. The place was very cozy and comfortable. We would highly recommend this place. In fact, we are probably going to book it again for next year!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Murfreesboro, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

This was my second stay at RiverStone. The first time the staff was not very helpful after checking in. This time around it was a totally different story. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. We were in building 4, it is very quiet. The condo was very clean and everything we needed was there. You really can't beat the location and value of RiverStone. We are already planning our next trip to RiverStone.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
rivergm, General Manager at RiverStone Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 23, 2010
We sincerely appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your continued patronage. We take pride in RiverStone and strive to offer exceptional service to each of our guests.
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

Riverstone is a timeshare done well - great kitchen-dining area-living room area and bedroom. We had a deck facing the river (beautiful). Extremely quiet. The place was done well. Matches top resorts. We'd stay there again in a shot.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

Since we discovered this place last year, we refuse to stay anywhere else. Period. This is our fourth time staying here since October 2009. We have children and this place meets/exceeds our needs every single time. The rooms are so spacious and absolutely beautiful. Very well maintained and very clean! We constantly see employees working on the grounds and buildings to keep them immaculate. You can tell that management pays very close attention to detail. You just don't find these qualities at very many places anymore. I know I always mention this, but once again, I have to express how much we LOVE the fitness center. Definitely not your average exercise room. Such an open concept with beautiful views from the windows while you are working out. Such a great variety of quality equipment! There are three Precor treadmills and a couple steppers. Also have exercise bikes, free weights, hip and thigh machine, and many other pieces for upper body. Exercise steps and balls! We are a family who exercises and a fitness facility is a total MUST HAVE for us! The pool area is awesome and very well maintained also. We also love the location of the resort. Within minutes of everything we love and within walking distance to Old Mill. My husband insists that we are eventually going to own one of these units in the future. We were told that they will be adding another building soon. We stayed in building #4 this time. This was our first time in this building. It was just as awesome as BLDG #2 and #3. We had a view of the stream which was beautiful. I highly recommend this beautiful place. We are excited about our next trip down which will be at the end of November for the DollyWood Smoky Mountain Christmas. Can't wait to stay here again!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Been to RiverStone Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!