“Absolutely perfect birthday vacation” 5 of 5 stars

RiverStone Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   212 Dollywood Lane, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Absolutely perfect birthday vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

My boyfriend booked a weekend at RiverStone for my birthday, but due to some outside circumstances we only booked it a couple of weeks out from arrival, which is unusual for us. Well, I was thrilled that the relatively last-minute decision turned out to be a great one! It was a fantastic vacation from start to finish. I can seriously say I had no complaints. Honestly, the only little thing we could nitpick about was that the toilet paper is a little thin (haha!), and I am only saying that to show you just how hard you'd have to look to find something to complain about. (I have seen people saying negative things about the beds, but, for the record, our bed was just fine, and I loved the pillows and comforter especially.) I did not book the room so unfortunately I can't tell you what it is called, but I know it was one of the nicer king suites. When he opened the door my jaw dropped open, as well. It is enormous – probably more square footage than the apartment where we live. There was a patio on the front and a huge porch on the back that overlooked the golf course, in addition to two bedrooms, a fireplace, an incredible kitchen and living room space, and a fabulous jacuzzi that has a strong enough hot water heater to fill the whole thing (which is an issue we've run into at other places). The room was like heaven. The resort itself was also fantastic. The staff was friendly and helpful every time we interacted with them. We loved the lazy river and spent a lot of time in that area (the dip n' dots for sale was a nice touch), and we were impressed by the beautiful layout of the grounds, with the blooming flowers and the trail in front of the river. It's incredibly convenient to Dollywood, and on the day after we visited the park we went to the spa for a massage (ask for Jami – she was phenomenal). All in all, we cannot recommend RiverStone highly enough. We are planning to come back in February to try out the fireplace, the indoor pool, and the game room (which we didn't even have a chance to go visit).

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
RiverStoneGM, General Manager at RiverStone Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear HwaetWeGardena,
Thank you for staying with RiverStone Resort and Spa! I am so happy to hear you had a wonderful birthday get away. Thank you so much for taking time to review our resort and mention such wonderful things about your stay. I truly hope we see you in February! Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

What a Beautiful Place to stay on Vacation. When we arrived, there was about a 40 minute wait because our room was NOT ready. I was very disappointed with that....but the staff made it right and I was very pleased with the outcome. So we check in and went up to the 6th floor to our 2 bedroom corner suite and WOW !!!!!! It was so clean and gorgeous and the high ceiling looks like it was built for Giants. We had a Perfect view of the mountains from our patio, which was in front of a river also...the kitchen , bathroom, tubs, showers, carpet, light fixtures,nature trails....I could go on and on. But I will always stay here when I visit Pigeon Forge and try to get the same corner room...my daughters and I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS RESORT !!!!!

Room Tip: If you're staying in a 2bedroom suite...try to get a top floor....the ceilings are tall....I don...
Dear ms-yvette3,
Thank you for choosing to stay with RiverStone Resort and Spa! I apologize for your delayed check in. I am glad to hear our front desk handled the situation to your satisfaction. I am happy you had such an amazing time and enjoyed your stay at the resort. We hope to see you and your daughters very soon! Thank you!
Holly Springs, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Your resort beautiful, however, for the amount of money you charge, the service should be exceptional and it is not. Our toilet broke (just needed a rubber flap replaced) and it took 3 hours from the time I reported it plus a few follow up calls to get it fixed. The front desk employee was not apologetic at all and seemed annoyed that I needed help. When I made the follow up calls, the first person seemed annoyed. The second was more friendly and said she would follow up with the repair man. The doorbell was also broken, so when the repairman did come, we did not hear him the first time because he rang the bell. He was friendly and worked fast once he got there. There were a couple of light bulbs burned out. It is ridiculous that you charge a cleaning fee on top of the rate you charge. Especially when you don't provide daily maid service and you expect the guests to empty the trash and wash the dishes before leaving. I don't mind doing that, but then don't charge a cleaning fee. When we arrived, there was 1/2 inch of dirty water standing in the master bath, so that makes me wonder just how clean the room was anyway. Your indoor pool has way too much chlorine. My son's eyes were so red that they looked like they were bleeding when he got out. When we checked out, the front desk employee never even asked how are stay was. I guess once you had my money, it didn't matter.

Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We stayed for 4 nights right on the golf course and thoroughly enjoyed the pool, lazy river and game room. The condo was very clean and comfortable. Surprisingly quiet as well. The front bedroom is as dark as midnight even at 2 pm. Which is really great for those needing to " rest up " on their vacation. The decor was very nice but the kitchen was understocked. No spoons or mixing bowls. The fireplace was a very nice touch on the cold rainy nights. We did not have a chance to enjoy the front screened-in porch area ;but, if had the chance would certainly return again.

Room Tip: We enjoyed being on the golf course side, lower level.
Dear WJB12311
Thank you for staying with RiverStone Resort and Spa! We are very happy you had such an enjoyable time with us and had a chance to check out the resort amenities. We hope to see you on your next visit to Pigeon Forge. Thank you!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

My husband, three kids and I had a pleasant experience at River Stone. At first we were all a bit skeptical, but the two bed/ two bath condo did not disappoint. Everything was fresh and clean upon arrival. The rates may be a little pricey but we were able to use a promotion code found on the website, which made it more affordable. There aren't many things to do on the premises; however, the pool, game room and gym are open 24hours. Although the pool did get crowded at times, my kids still enjoyed it. Overall, I would definitely return and also recommend to others!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
RiverStoneGM, General Manager at RiverStone Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear mlwiggins75,
Thank you for choosing to stay with RiverStone Resort and Spa! I am very happy to hear the 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom condo worked out extremely well for you and your family. It sounds like you had plenty of room and everything was fresh and clean to your liking. We hope to see you on your next visit to Pigeon Forge! Thank you!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

This place is not as nice as it puts out to be. And way to pricey 1000 for 3 nights for what nothing sheets had stains fireplace didn't work and was in the 40s here. Will not ever recommend this place to anyone. Front desk was very rude. I wouldn't give it one star if I didn't have to. Do not stay here its a rip!!!!!!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear halley s,
I am so sorry to hear about your experience with us. I was informed by our Front Desk Manager about your fireplace issues. I want to reassure you we have carbon monoxide detectors in each unit and there was without a doubt no leak in your unit. I understand you felt the need to call the Pigeon Forge Fire Department who also reassured you there wasn't a leak. I don't have any record of your complaint about the sheets as we can always provide more linens and towels for you at your convenience. I was surprised to see your review stated we were awful and you would never stay with us in the future when your reservation was originally a two night stay and then the day of check out you extended your stay one more night. I hope that means we were able to turn your experience around with us since you added an additional night. Have a great day!
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

We spent 2 nights here on a quick trick to Pigeon Forge and everyone in our party thought the resort is amazing. We were upgraded to a 3 bedroom condo (had originally booked a 2 bedroom) and it was gorgeous. The condo was very spacious, nicely decorated, well stocked and we had a great view of the river off the large balcony. We loved the underground parking (located directly under the condo buildings) and it was nice to be able to come and go in the rain without getting wet. The heated lazy river and indoor swimming pool were both fantastic and not at all crowded during our stay. There was also a large playground that looked like fun. The resort is as nice as staying in a cabin and you get to avoid the crazy mountain driving.
We returned home and realized the next day we'd left a tablet computer and clothing behind in a drawer and contacted the resort and they had our belongings at the front desk and were very helpful and it is in the mail coming to us now. We will definitely stay here again and will recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Condos with the river view are great!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
RiverStoneGM, General Manager at RiverStone Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear jennsimp,
Thank you for staying with RiverStone Resort and Spa! We are so happy to hear you all had such a wonderful time here at the resort. Our housekeeping team is one of the best around and I am glad we were able to get you the tablet right away. We look forward to your next trip with us and hope to see you soon! Thank you!

Been to RiverStone Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!