“Enjoyed my stay” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Jacksonville, Florida
“Enjoyed my stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Clean room, nice kitchen/bathroom, convenient to all attractions, bed was comfortable, A/C worked well, lazy river for the kids. Enjoyed my stay and if ever vacationing in Pigeon Forge, TN again would stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
RiverStoneGM, General Manager at RiverStone Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear JRHMOM,
Thank you so much for the review; any time a guest says that they will be back I take that as a compliment! We strive to not only exceed the expectations of every guest, but also to earn the trust of our guests so that they will return to visit us when vacationing in Pigeon Forge. Again, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to your next visit at RiverStone Resort & Spa!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Frederick, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

After an exhaustive search on where to stay for our first trip to Pigeon Forge (hotel, condo, private cabin rental), we decided on the RiverStone Resort. It was pricey but we liked the idea of resort style amenities etc. I will discuss the pros and cons but will preface that with the one issue that will not have us returning, that makes or breaks a vacation: the quality of the bed.

Our bed was so uncomfortable and cheap feeling that we got up after our first night and went to buy sleeping pills at the grocery store for the rest of our stay. The bed was soft and basically folded inwards when you laid on it. It was a "meet you in the middle bed." The kind of quality that I'd expect to find at a Super 8 or other low end budget motel. Really, there is not much worse than taking a vacation and not being able to get good sleep. Especially when paying top dollar for a resort stay. No, we did not complain because we knew the resort was booked and switching to another unit would not have been an option.

Since I have not read other reviews that had the same complaints, maybe our unit was unique in that sense. I am guessing that the beds all measure up and we just got unlucky with our particular condo. Who knows?

The location was perfect-just at the end of the strip & more "off the beaten" path ever so slightly. There was no road noise for us and our unit was on the front side, facing the road. The view did not bother us at all. Seeing some of the parking lots of other facilities was a minor detail in our opinion. If you have the impression that you are back in the woods or overlooking nothing but fields, trees and streams you will be disappointed. Unless you get a unit that faces the rear, golf course area.

We requested a top floor, end unit if possible and were granted just that. Check-in was easy, although staff did not ask us anything about our visit nor did they offer any advice, ideas, suggestions etc.

I believe we were in building number 3. We rented a one bedroom unit that had a pullout sofa bed in the living area for the kids. We do regret not getting a larger unit. This unit was very, very small. Would have been perfect for 1-2 people, but no more. We had hardwood floors throughout and our socks were immediately dark brown shortly after walking on them. Although hard to tell, but the floors were filthy as the proof was on our socks. Had we left our shoes on the entire time, we would not have known.

The kitchen was well stocked with exactly what you need.

The lazy river was very, very small. I cannot imagine it in the peak of summer. It was still just a bit too cold at this time, so it was still closed during our stay (April 2013).

I believe some of the units at this resort are individually owned because many of them had personal decorations and touches on the outside. Maybe that explains why our bed was so awful and maybe others are not.

Also, the bathroom had a tub/shower combo. No big deal except the edge of the tub to step into was probably about 2 feet tall and very wide. You needed to hurdle it like a track and field star. This would be a major problem for the elderly or someone with any sort of handicap. They seriously need a small stool next to the tub.

Overall, a decent enough place but the poor bed quality is a deal breaker for us.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear AKUS,
I would like to first and foremost apologize for the quality of the bed during your stay with us. Getting a restful and relaxing night’s sleep is one of the most important parts of being on vacation, and the fact that we were not able to meet your expectations is very disappointing to hear. All of the condos at RiverStone Resort & Spa are individually owned so each owner is responsible for replacing the mattress or any item that needs it in their individual condo. We have addressed this issue and thankfully have not had any further issues in this unit. I am glad that you enjoyed the location of our resort and that we were able to honor your request of a top floor end unit. I’m sorry that you found the 1 bedroom unit small, the 2 bedroom condos are double the square footage of a one bedroom and more spacious and comfortable if you are travelling with your family. I hope to have you as our guest again in the future, and I would like for you to contact me directly to discuss further resolving the issues from your last stay. You may contact me at 866-908-0660.
Delaware, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My boyfriend, 2 friends and I stayed here for a destination wedding of close to 100 guests. The room was incredible- we were able to host a mini-party f roughly 30 people with the spacious living area and large balcony. The lazy river was a great place to recover and prepare for the wedding festivities. towels were scarce and some certain guests were uppity, but we had a great experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear KaraGoodyear,
Thank you for your review and recent stay at RiverStone Resort & Spa. I am glad you found your room “incredible” – that is an amazing compliment and I appreciate you sharing your experience for others to read! Thank you for providing feedback regarding towels at the lazy river, we take all feedback and suggestions seriously and will look into ways to improve keeping more towels at the lazy river. I hope you will stay with us again the next time you visit Pigeon Forge!
Montgomery, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We have stayed here many times and always enjoyed our stayed and have been pleased with the service and staff. But that has come to a end my husband and I stayed 4 nights when we first got there we noticed that the carpet was extremely dirty with a lot of stains all through the condo the faucets leak in the master bathroom and we were very frustrated with the TV it was on parental control we could not watch any program with a rating higher than PG we contacted the front desk 4 times to resolve this problem one of these time we spoke with a manager she said that Charter would be there the next morning between 10-11am no one showed when we checked out my husband told the lady at the front desk of his disappointment and she act like she did not care we stayed in building 2 room 224 I am not sure if we will continue to stay there we have stayed at Riverstone at least 3 to 4 times a year since Riverstone has opened usually my husband and I stay about 3 times a year and we bring our family of 11 at least 1 time year But I may search for another option because of the staff not caring and not trying to take care of the problem or offer a resolve

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear April C,

Thank you for your recent stay and review of RiverStone Resort & Spa. I want to apologize for the issues you had in your unit during your visit. This is not the standard that RiverStone strives to maintain and I am genuinely sorry that you did not have a wonderful experience this time. I want to assure you Charter has removed the parental controls for the televisions and our maintenance team has been able to fix the leaky faucet in the master bathroom. Also, all of our units have the carpets professionally cleaned and I will make sure this unit is next. I understand our Assistant General Manager was able to assist you and resolve the above issues. We look forward to your next visit with RiverStone Resort and Spa!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We had 16 people stay in 3 different rooms in building #4. All were clean and nice. Building 4 has the best views of the river since it is the only building right on the river. We were on the corner w/ the lazy river view and the Little Pigeon river. It was great to listen to the river from the balcony. The room was large and well equipped. The rooms were extremely quiet. Beds were comfortable.The front desk called the day we checked in to see if we needed anything. The shower broke later and someone came to fix it within 10 minutes. They provide dish soap, soap, shampoo, tp, trash bags. There is not daily maid service, but with small children, 2 separate bedrooms, 2 baths, full kitchen, dining room, living room, washer/dryer were more important to us. There are limited towels so you will have to wash. Our kids loved the lazy river and indoor pool. We grilled on their gas grills - they have charcoal ones too. The hotel was in nice location, close to town but not on the strip. We would stay there again!

Room Tip: If you want view of river building 4 is the only one on it not across from it by a parking lot.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear ljc009,
Wow – the title of your review says it all! We pride ourselves on providing clean, spacious accommodations for families travelling to our area to have fun, and it sounds like we hit a home run with your vacation! I apologize that you had an issue with the shower but am very pleased to hear that we sent someone to fix it within 10 minutes! I appreciate your review and hope to see you and your family again soon!
Punta Gorda, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

This resort is great. It has it all, lazy river, indoor pool, golf, games, hot tub, luxury rooms... The list goes on. The staff was very friendly, knowledgeable and available any time you need them. This is a top spot in Tennessee!

• Stayed July 2012
Dear drivitlkustoleit,
Thank you for your recent stay and review of RiverStone Resort & Spa. I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful experience at our resort! Our staff goes out of their way to ensure that all guests have a relaxing and fun vacation, and we do have a 24 hour front desk staff! I will be sure to share your feedback with the entire team, thank you so much for calling RiverStone a “top spot in Tennessee!” We truly appreciate your comments and hope you will visit again soon!
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

After a disappointing experience at the NEW Clarion Inn across from the Harley Davidson store in Pigeon Forge ( read my review on June 25 ) we decided to try this establishment. (WOW) our expectations were exceeded beyond our imagination. Its obvious the entire staff treats their guests as the number 1 priority, a sign of respect and courtesy not often found in many institutions these days. Although there is no complimentary breakfast provided (these are condos with full kitchens) as the above mentioned may boast it allows you to serve a clean well cooked meal to your family without fear of eating off a motel buffet that some child with a bad cold may have stuck his hands in or God forbid sneezed or coughed on. The Rooms are
extremely clean, well stocked and easily accessible. Parking is plentiful and the grounds along with the lazy river and indoor pool are kept impeccable. STAY AWAY from the Motels and give this place a try, you won't be disappointed. We cannot wait to return here with our Grand Children.

Room Tip: One Bedroom Condo was less then $20.00 Difference in price from the Clarion across from the Harley D...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
RiverStoneGM, General Manager at RiverStone Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you very much for your complements of RiverStone Resort and Spa. Our staff works extremely hard to maintain the appearance and relaxing atmosphere of our property. As you mentioned, the kitchens are fully equipped and our closest grocery is within one block from our location. We also offer our guests the opportunity to partake in our grocery delivery service where we will do the grocery shopping for you! The underground parking is extremely convenient and very useful on rainy days. We hope to see you on your next visit to Pigeon Forge! Thank you for staying with RiverStone Resort and Spa!

Been to RiverStone Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!