We stayed in the Cabin at Riverstone resort. If it wasn't clear from the internet, there is only one cabin the resort rents. We had a wonderful stay. The cabin is very roomy and has a wonderful pool table to use. The outdoor pool was opened early this year and the my girls 8/10 loved playing in the lazy river. I must say the cabin is one of the most beautiful interiors we have ever had the pleasure of staying at. The location can't be beat, if you use the back road you are minutes to the Pigeon Forge strip or Dolleywood.
A few actions the hotel might be able to take to make this a 5* vs 4* stay.
1. When we checked in the front desk neglected to mention that you can't call the main lobby from the cabin. It might have been nice to know this, so it didn't cause confusion when we got to the room. If you dial operator in the cabin it dials some type of cable company. I finally figured out you had to call the front desk from your cell phone if you needed to reach them.
2. The wireless in the cabin was a bit spotty. It didn't like more than one person using it, so we couldn't all hook in with our kindle/iphone. Also the front desk insisted you hook into Riverstone 1, but that must have been for the resort not the cabin, Linksys was the internet to hook into for the cabin. Some training at the front desk on these minor items would be helpful.
3. There are 3 large trash bins next to the cabin, the trash removal company seemed to come every morning at 7am to empty, being right outside the master bedroom it was very loud. I would suggest the hotel look into seeing if these bins into another space not adjoing the cabin. Perhaps somewhere towards the back of the deserted adjoining parking lot. If moving isn't possible, maybe they could work with the trash company to come a bit after 9am or in the afternoon or evening. It wasn't pleasant having to be awakened on vacation at souch an early hour. The noise usually continued for 10-15 minutes, so loud you couldn't hear anyone speaking inside the cabin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore the essence of the Smokies in a beautiful one to four bedroom condo with spacious rooms, custom furniture, flat-screen TVs, full kitchens and fireplaces. Relax at lazy river, indoor pool, and at our spa. Located just one mile from Dollywood. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, EasyToBook, Odigeo, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your RiverStone Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riverstone Hotel Pigeon Forge