“Excellent Place to stay!!” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #16 of 94 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hammond, Louisiana
“Excellent Place to stay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Great staff!! Very helpful when my dad became ill during our stay! WE had to check out early because my dad was ill - NO problem ;) Breakfast was great!!
Very reasonalbe rates for October! Super location - On trolly route.

Room Tip: Rooms that don't face the parkway are quieter! I think those rooms are called "courtyard&q...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
GMEPF, General Manager at Econo Lodge Riverside, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear goldwinggirl701,

Thank you so much for your great review. We love hearing how our staff goes above and beyond to make certain our guest have a stellar experience with us! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your return.

Adam Bailey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
Brookhaven
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel for three nights during a group tour to Pigeon Forge. The property was in a great location and was very comfortable. We were one of 3 groups with tour buses which made it sometimes difficult to navigate the parking lot. There was also construction going on adjacent to their parking lot. The 3 groups at breakfast was challenging but they did a good job. Overall the price was great too.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear marilynbBrookhaven,

We are very pleased to hear that your group chose to stay with us during your trip to Pigeon Forge. Our breakfast staff does a great job with keeping plenty of delicious food out for our guests and we appreciate you nice comments on them. We are extremely excited about our riverbank extension that is just weeks from being completed. I am positive that you will love it when you return. Thank you for your review and we look forward to your next visit.

Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I travel frequently, so when my sister recommended we stay here I was a little concerned. Really the Econo lodge? But there were so many pluses I was pleasantly surprised. The location is right in the middle of Pigeon Forge next to the Christmas place shop. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. There is a small mini fridge that actually works and a microwave. First, if you want a pool side room, there are only about 7 rooms on the bottom floor. The second floor is the lobby floor. I thought from the website pictures there were balcony's overlooking the pool. There aren't. So don't bother with a pool side room unless you enjoy hearing screaming kids from 9am to 11pm. Also, I wandered around for 5 minutes looking for the ice machines. Some signs directing you there would be nice. We had an issue with our air conditioner. Maintenance showed up within 5 minutes and fixed the problem. The breakfast was fine and more than we expected for a continental breakfast. I would have liked some healthier options like yogurt or fresh fruit, but this is the south. They had biscuits and gravy, waffles and eggs. The dining area is small so we ate in our room. Overall, I would stay here again. Book online and sign up for their rewards program to get an extra discount.

Room Tip: Don't bother with a pool side room unless you get the first or second floor. It will be loud so...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
GMEPF, General Manager at Econo Lodge Riverside, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear bootboy10,

Thank you for being our guest on your recent trip to Pigeon Forge. We are so happy to hear that we exceeded you expectations with our perfect location, clean rooms and comfortable beds. We are also pleased to learn that maintenance fixed the issue with you air conditioner promptly. Thank for the recommendations to our breakfast. We are always working to improve every part of our hotel and will consider your comments. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to your return.

Morganton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is an excellent choice for the money. The staff that waited on my group changed our rooms for a better view at the same price after we had booked over the phone. Also, we got a better deal by calling the hotel directly than over the Internet booking sites. The continental breakfast is one of the best free breakfasts I've ever had. The lobby looks a little smaller than the professional pictures, but it's a great value for the money. I would stay there again and recommend to my friends.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
GMEPF, General Manager at Econo Lodge Riverside, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Teresa H,

We are very pleased to learn that you felt our hotel was an excellent value! Thank you for the great compliments to our accommodating staff and great breakfast, I will be certain to share these comments with the entire staff. We appreciate your group choosing us on your recent visit to Pigeon Forge.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for a little getaway. It was very quiet and clean. I would recommend that you don't forget your soap because theirs doesn't smell good at all. The top cover was very thin but other then that we had a great stay.

• Stayed October 2013
GMEPF, General Manager at Econo Lodge Riverside, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear JosephandJoan,

Thank you for being our guest on your recent visit to Pigeon Forge. We are pleased to learn that you found our hotel to be nice and clean. We truly appreciate your nice review and look forward to your return.

Nashville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

The room and hotel area were clean, very clean. The room (king bed) itself was rather small, smaller than I prefer. There was a small table crammed between the bed and the AC unit, difficult to get around and difficult to sit at. The table and chair were the only place to sit in the room other than the bed.
The problem we had was with their breakfast. I got eggs, (powdered), biscuits and chicken sticks. After eating two of the chicken sticks which had a funny taste to them, my wife told that they were, in fact, sausage not chicken. I tried another one and insisted it was chicken. After a discussion whereas all the evidence was examined, we decided to refer to them as "some type of meat" sticks. To be truthful, it might have been fish. After eating three of the "some type of meat" sticks, I decided not to eat any more of them, so, I stuck to eggs and biscuits. That's when I found out where the funny taste was coming from, the biscuits!!!! How can anyone of true southern culture screw up biscuits? Needless to say, we ate else where the following morning.
To sum it up, the hotel is in a good location. If youre a neat-freak, the place will pass, its clean. If you like room to spread out, there is no room to spare here. And above all, eat someplace else!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
GMEPF, General Manager at Econo Lodge Riverside, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear MacKennas,

Thank you for taking the time to share some comments about your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you found our hotel very clean and in a great location. However, I am disappointed and surprised to learn that you felt some of our breakfast items were inadequate. Most all of our guests thoroughly enjoy our Pillsbury biscuits, Swaggerty Farm Sausage that is made just a few miles away from the hotel and our liquid whole eggs. Please accept my sincere apology for not exceeding your expectations. We appreciate you being our guest and hope that you will stay with us again.

Morehead City, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I am an employee of a Choice hotel and my husband & myself had never stayed in an Econo Lodge, so we chose to do so at the Econo Lodge Riverside,after reviewing the reviews & rating, As it turned out, we were pleasantly pleased with the cleanliness of our room, the superb customer service we received from Jonathan (Front Desk) and overall friendliness of all the staff.
We must also mention the continental breakfast more than adequate & nicely presented.
Overall, will recommend & definitely stay here again on returning trips to Pigeon Forge, TN.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear jecnc,

Thank you for being our guest! We take it as a fantastic compliment that someone that has experience in hotels found our hotel to be very enjoyable. I am pleased to hear you received superb customer service from Jonathan and that our breakfast exceeded your expectations. We appreciate your review and look forward to your return.

Adam Bailey

Been to Econo Lodge Riverside? Share your experiences!