“Great hotel for a short stay” 5 of 5 stars

Econo Lodge Riverside
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   2440 N Parkway, Pigeon Forge, TN 37868   |
Ranked #15 of 93 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Palm Harbor, FL
“Great hotel for a short stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were looking for a rather inexpensive hotel that had good reviews in the Gatlinburg area. Most hotels online were around $130-150. Fortunately, we came along the Econo Lodge Riverside.

Prior to walking into the lobby, I had checked in on certain application and to my surprise, there was coupon! So I was able to save even more off my reservation.

We checked in around 7pm and there was no line or wait. The gentleman at the reception desk was very friendly and helpful. Checkin was a breeze and we were off to our room.

The room was nice and clean, we didn't care for a view or anything as we were just spending the night after a long 12 hour drive. The bed was a king size firm, very comfortable. There was also a mini fridge, microwave and few other items that come standard with rooms.

The hotel grounds are nice, theres a large indoor pool and two hot tubs. Behind the hotel lies the river where you can go and feed ducks (they have corn for sale, $.25 in machines). Just watch out for the duck poop.

Unfortunately, we didn't make it to breakfast but from what I was told, it's a full hot breakfast.

Two things that I noticed that I wouldn't like, one is that there are a lot of children there (which is fine), but the pool is open until 11pm, so if you have one of the rooms facing the pool, it could get annoying as they were all screaming and jumping around.

The other problem is the wifi, which we couldn't even pick up in our room (no problem for us as we tethered my phone). The staff did mention they have new equipment on the way to fix that issue.

There are plenty of food options around the hotel, though most delivery options are just pizza.

Room Tip: Wouldn't recommend a room facing the indoor pool, the noise levels may get annoying.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
GMEPF, General Manager at Econo Lodge Riverside, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Rogo117,

We appreciate you taking the time to share comments about your recent experience with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of some of our great amenities. Maybe on your next visit, you will have time to taste our hot and delicious breakfast that includes waffles, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, sausage and much more! Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return

Adam Bailey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Monett, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This was a great value for a great stay. While most properties in town seem to be very proud of their rooms by their price, this property was a great deal. In fact, during our eight day road trip it was the cheapest room and one of the best we stayed in. Check-in was a breeze and the desk clerk offered to provide us coupons for lots of attractions. The river behind the hotel with the ducks was a definite highlight. My only concern (which is minor) was the fact that I couldn't figure out how to keep the drain open on the tub while taking a shower. It might have been operator error though. The beds were nice and the room was small, but perfect for our needs. I would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a river view room for better view and less noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
GMEPF, General Manager at Econo Lodge Riverside, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear GSwizzle,

Thank you for being out guest recently! We are very happy that you stayed with us and enjoyed your stay. We most definitely feel that we are the #1 valued hotel in the Smoky Mountain area and are proud of this. Our hotel offers so many amenities at such a great price. We appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you soon.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I normally stay in another hotel but thought I would give this one a try. My son's friend got locked in the bathroom. I couldn't get him out nor could my husband. He's in the bathroom screaming and crying. We had to call maintenance to get him out. Then our fridge did not work had to get another one. The tub is so high off the ground someone get get hurt when getting out. I called the manager about my issues and she just said she could move us to another room. Really? I would have liked to have talked to the general manager.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Love197,

Thank you for sharing comments about your recent stay with us. I apologize about the inconveniences that you encountered on your visit with us and I appreciate you bringing them to my attention. After going over the maintenance log, I was happy to see that your difficulties were taking care of promptly. I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you about your stay in more detail if you would please call me at 865-428-1231. Thank you for being our guest!

Greeneville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I currently stayed here with my Church youth group, we have stayed here before and requested pool side rooms this time, which was even better,breakfast was great, and had a good nights rest, the only downfall was the difficulty of opening the door with a credit card type key, other than that i was very pleased :)

Room Tip: Poolside rooms are the best :)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
GMEPF, General Manager at Econo Lodge Riverside, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear TRednour,

We are so happy that you took the time to write this nice review about us. We love accommodating youth groups as yourselves and appreciate you staying with us. We look forward to you next visit.

West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

The hotel is located in a busy section of Pigeon Forge next to the Christmas Place and sits on the river which was nice. There are ducks and geese to feed, an average free breakfast, nice clean rooms, quite, and an indoor pool which is nice as well but was over run by children, even in the hot tub, so beware. My husband and son could stand all of 10 minutes with the noise. But overall the hotel was a nice, inexpensive stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GMEPF, General Manager at Econo Lodge Riverside, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Lynn N,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Pigeon Forge. So many of our guests love that we are located directly beside the Christmas Place, so that they can walk over to one of the most unique store/restaurants in the area. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit.

Berne, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We walked into our room and the first thing you noticed is that there is about enough room to turn around, and that is about it. They advertise update rooms, they certainly have not updated the carpets, and in fact the only real thing we can see that was updated was the paint and the new shower head. Taking a shower can be downright hazardous. The bottom of the shower/tub is about 8 inches higher than the floor, so when you go to step out, it is a big drop. Even with the warning on the side of the tub, one still is not ready for the drop. Don’t plan on being productive on the internet; their speeds are spotty at best. Then we went to breakfast, what a joke. They have such a small space the only way to get a food item is to get in the line coming into the room. Unless you are an early riser, plan on 10-20 minutes in line for breakfast. Now for the good parts, the water was hot, the room was clean, the beds were comfortable, and the pool was enjoyable.

Dear Joe S,

It is great to hear that you were able to have a good night’s rest, a hot shower and enjoy our fantastic swimming pool during your stay with us. I apologize that the room you stayed in did not meet your expectations and I will certainly take all of your feedback into consideration as a way to improve our hotel. Thank you for your comments and for being our guest.

Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My fiance, his brother and girlfriend and a friend stayed at this hotel from the 3rd-7th of July.
We got 2 rooms and they were able to put us next to each other. When we arrived we were pleasantly surprised by the clean and spacious room, even more surprised to see that not only were our rooms next to each other, but they adjoined via a door! The Jacuzzi tub was great and had beautiful multi colored lights above it. The price was reasonable for our stay and the location was great, close enough to attractions and downtown Gatlinburg but not smack in the heart to where you couldn't get out of the hotel driveway. Our toilet malfunctioned due to a fixture that went bad, and maintenance was practically outside our door when we hung up the phone, very friendly and polite, fixed it quickly and no other issues. The ducks that call this hotel property home were very cute, just a little bit of a pain when driving through the back of the lot because they didn't want to move and I was worried I would hit them, but it wasn't a problem once my fiance and his brother got out to shoo them out of the way of my truck. They will eat out of your hand witch was adorable too! I do with the swimming pool was larger, but it is very well laid out, only issue I has was with children not being supervised by their parents and jumping into the pool from the ledge above our heads, a little dangerous, but not the hotels fault. We did not use the hotel breakfast so I can't comment on that. Overall, I loved this hotel, very clean and roomy. I would recommend if your taking a trip!

Room Tip: Any room with the Jacuzzi!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GMEPF, General Manager at Econo Lodge Riverside, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Nikki Lee F,

Thank you for taking the time out to share comments about your recent experience. I am pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations and you were able to enjoy the 4th of July holiday with us. Many of our guests make the same comments of our hotel being more than expected and we love hearing it every time. We strive every day to give our guest a consistent product, with great guest services and the cleanest rooms in the Smoky Mountain area. I appreciate your review and look forward to you next stay.

Adam Bailey

Been to Econo Lodge Riverside? Share your experiences!