“good place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 94 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Richmond, Kentucky
“good place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel several times always a good visit. rooms are very clean and very close to the Christmas store (my wife's favorite stop Pigeon Forge). A very good location for shopping etc. There's also a very nice indoor pool for the kid's or grandkids in my case.

Room Tip: don't stay in the room next to maintance shop---ask for something a little quieter lol
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Check in was fast. Staff very helpful. Room very clean and maid service was excellent.
Great location. 1 and half mile from Tanger Outlets. Convenient to all restaurants and shop. Parking was great.
Only negative was there is no exhaust fan in bathroom.
Will stay there again

• Stayed October 2012
Cleveland, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

After a recent disastrous stay at another Econolodge, my husband was very negative when I made reservations here. Within 30 seconds of entering the room, he said, "Wow, I could definitely stay here again". The room was clean with lots of storage space. The hotel was in a very convenient location. Breakfast was above average. Very happy with our choice.

murray,ky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

this is the 3th time we have stayed here and we love it we get a room on front so can watch traffic and there is a river in back with ducks to feed there is a n ice size indoor pool the continental breakfast has biscuit gravy eggs sausage cereal donuts was very nice and clean all the people who work there was so friendly rooms r a little on smal size but very clean with flat screen tv micro n frig we had a problem with frig making a noise and repair man was there within 15 m inutes and brought a new one we will be back

Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

When we go to the Pigeon Forge area, we usually like to stay in a cabin or at a condo. That way we spend time in town for activities we want to pursue and retreat to a less busy area at night. However, we were making a short trip this time so we decided to do a hotel instead. I selected the Econo Lodge after reading several reviews on TripAdvisor, and I knew when I reserved the room that it was not a three star establishment. I did not expect high end extras, and both my husband and I were very satisfied with our choice.

Check-in was quick and efficient, and our room was very clean. We had a riverside room on the third floor with two queen beds, and we found the room very quiet and comfortable. The TV worked well, and the room was equipped with a microwave, refrigerator, and coffee maker. We ate the hotel breakfast each morning, and found it satisfactory. They served scrambled eggs, biscuits, gravy, sausage, cereals, mini donuts, yogurt, juice, and assorted breads. The breakfast area was kept clean, and my husband and I felt it was more than adequate for our stay. We certainly could have eaten food at one of the local restaurants that was perhaps tastier and more varied, but we felt that spending our money on a nicer meal at dinner was a better choice for us. The hotel has an elevator, which was a bit slow, but it made getting luggage to and from the room much easier than taking it up the stairs. We were thankful to be able to use it. Checkout was fast and my bill was accurate. The only negative I saw wasn't really a hotel issue but an issue with the town itself. The traffic is so bad that moving to and from the hotel was difficult during much of the day. This is a problem at most of the places along the Parkway, but be prepared to deal with it if you book this hotel.

I would definitely stay at the Econo Lodge Riverside again if I were in the area. For the price and friendliness of the staff, you get a good value.

Lexington, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My family stayed in this Econo Lodge for a long weekend, and our experience just wasn't as spectacular as others here. The pros: clean room, friendly staff, location on the river is nice.

The cons: It still has that "motel" feel, even if it is an upscale motel, but the real dealbreaker for us was the musty smell. The room just smelled damp and old, and we learned why when we turned on the a/c. Either the filters or the units themselves are the problem, but the a/c units put out very musty air. The first night 3 of us had stopped up noses, and the second night I was well on my way to a sinus infection from breathing that bad air all night.

Like I said, lots of good things about this place, but the poor air quality resulting from the old a/c units will keep us from coming back.

Room Tip: Breathe deep when you open the door. If it smells like an old locker room, leave!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Jeffersonville, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

When my friend and I go to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg this is where we stay. The rates are very reasonable and the room is always clean. We try to get a room on the bottom floor on the river side. Those seem to be the best ones. We had gotten a room on the second floor before but I didn't think it looked as nice as the bottom ones. The hotel staff is always nice and we have never had any problems. The Christmas Place is next door and there are a lot of restaurants across the street. This is a great location and there is a trolley stop in front of the Christmas Place if you want to ride it instead of driving around town. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a riverside room and the first floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Econo Lodge Riverside? Share your experiences!