“Hot Pig” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #47 of 93 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“Hot Pig”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

This hotel was the bomb! It's obviously not the most fancy hotel out there, but it is great quality for a great price. I stayed for 2 months in this hotel, and I would easily go back if I was in Pigeon Forge. The workers were super nice all the time and very relate-able. One lady's younger son would even hang out with us and play board games with us and was just a cool kid. But overall the "Hot Pig" was a great hotel to stay at no matter how long you are staying!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

This hotel is always a pleasure to stay at! The staff are extremely friendly and make everyday exciting. They go out of the way to help you in any way that they can. I've stayed at this hotel a few times now and would not want to stay anywhere else in Pigeon Forge. The rooms are always clean and well put together. It's a great stay for groups, couples or even single vacationers. My favorite part of this hotel is the out look. It has a beautiful over look of Pigeon Forge, a great place to watch the sunset over the smoky mtns.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Monterey, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Pictures you see of the rooms you are reserving are not the actual room that you get. When you call and file a complaint,you aretold thatthey just pulled the pictures off of the internet. Rooms are half the size of the one that is pictured. Picture showed that room had a sofa but I couldn't find it in the room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Suffolk, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

This is an older facility compared to most but can stand it's ground with the newer places. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful with our questions and needs. The hotel has nice mountain views, is priced very well and is a decent place to stay. We will return for our next stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

We were in town on a Thursday and searching for an affordable room. I stumbled across the Hotel Pigeon Forge thinking it would be pretty outrageous (there was a car show in town and Econolodge thought they'd take advantage of it and try to charge me $150 for a basic room) but to my surprise it was very reasonable and the management was friendly and accommodating. Room was simple and clean, air cooled the room quickly, and there was a big ironing board which my wife loves. We also much preferred the indoor hotel setup, which is typically higher priced, as opposed to outdoor motels. Also, there was a nice view of Pigeon Forge and the mountains. The pool even looked clean in September. I was really impressed by the place and appreciated a nice, comfortable, clean, AFFORDABLE place to stay. I don't know why more hotels can't accomplish this.

• Stayed September 2013
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

My boyfriend, myself, and his family (a party of 19) have been staying at the Hotel Pigeon Forge for Shades of the Past for 2 nights for the past 7 years. We typically reserve 6 rooms. However, we will not be returning next year. After driving home today, we received a text from his mother telling us to wash everything we packed and spray with rubbing alcohol. She found a bug on her eyelid and that blood came out if it when she squeezed it (indicative of a bed bug).I have read other reviews stating that other guests have also encountered insects while there. I am giving his mother time to call management herself, and if she does not, I certainly will.

This hotel is in desperate need of TLC, something I tolerated out of respect for my boyfriend's parents because his parents preferred to stay there. Towels are paper thin, rooms are musty, wall paper in bathroom is stained, mattresses feel like sleeping on cardboard and pillows feel like bricks. I think "motel" would be a more appropriate term for this place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
HotelPigeonForge, Manager at Hotel Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
We received a call from your boyfriends grandmother. She stated she squesed a bug at her eyelash on her way home from the hotel in the car. We have investigated in the room she stayed and no evidence of any bed bugs were found. If you know how a bed bug behaves it is very unlikely that this was a bed bug. They are not active in daylight. The mattress you sleept on was new and the pillows were new as well. Other guests are asking where we bought the mattresses and pillows so they can get them as well. Everybody is entiteled to their own opinion. We are sorry to see you go but understand and wish you good luck some where else.
Sincerely!
Magager
Nashville, TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We took a last minutes trip and got a good rate via AMEX travel. (That in itself it sort of funny as you don't think about AMEX Travel having the lower end properties). I think upkeep is the major issue going at this hotel. It was clean, but minimal upkeep in a number of instances would help. We had the TV on for 10 minutes until it blew and started smoking. I unplugged it immediately. I called the front desk the next morning to report it, and all I got was, "OK". A simple, "I'm sorry that happened", or "Thanks for telling us" would have been nice. With that attitude, it's no wonder that things around the property go unaddressed. We like finer accommodations, but don't mind the lower end on occasion. If you're that way and don't mind roughing it a bit, you can give this a try. If you like towels you can't see through, I'd choose another property.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Pigeon Forge? Share your experiences!